Bonestorm vs Blood mirror, mythic +?

Death Knight
As the title says, I usually run purgatory but the AoE damage/heal of bonestorm sounds beautiful, also blood mirror? I don't really find it good outside of raiding but I could be wrong.

Halp pls
I haven't used Blood Mirror much outside of a few raid bosses, but Bonestorm is just all around a good time.

The healing is very good in Mythic+, and the damage is nice too when its added in with our other AoE.

Give it a shot! The worst that could happen is that you don't like it.

If you can go into a 'fresh' pull with enough Boneshield charges (I like to use the last few hits on the dying mobs to refresh) you can drop Death and Decay and quickly build up full runic power to get the full time on Bonestorm.

So, yeah, I wish I had three arms so I could give Bonestorm three thumbs up.
Depends on the dungeon and the affixes of every week, if it's tyrannical I prefer to use blood mirror to smooth the damage on bosses (also helps with dps a little bit), if it's fortified bonestorm is bis, a lot of damage on trash packs, and a lot of self-healing. I only use purgatory on raiding progress or pugs (you never know what can happen there).
Vibrator is just absurd in its damage and healing. It allows you to pull huge packs and makes you unlikable while doing so. I have messed with Blood Mirror for Tyrannical a few times. It doesn't compete with Bonestorm...at all.
Bonestorm is just absurd in its damage and healing. It allows you to pull huge packs and makes you unlikable while doing so. I have messed with Blood Mirror for Tyrannical a few times. It doesn't compete with Bonestorm...at all.
Depends on the level of the key as well. Anything below a 15 key you can get away with using Bonestorm for AoE and if you need more single target mitigation/dmg blood mirror is really good. But anything 15 or higher and you are going to want purgatory. Damage ramps up so high and it becomes a lot easier to get 1 shot or globaled even on trash
Cant comment about any keys beyond 18+ but up to 18 Ive done just fine with bonestorm even on tyrannical. The healing and damage for trash is fantastic and you can typically eat the boss damage and heal up fast

Blood Mirror is more of a raid ability imo
what you take will depend on the strategy you plan on doing if you plan on soloing some very large hits take blood mirror for just general things bonestorm works very well for large AoE pulls a 20+ tyran boss i love blood mirror for some of their large hits
At what point is it worth using Bonestorm over Death Strike for strictly dps purposes? 2 Targets? 3 or more?
2 targets, assuming theyll survive the duration.
However, only if u aren't going through downtime.

Meaning, if you have 100RP, great, use it.
If your sitting there with nothing to do, cuz you want to save RP for Bonestorm, youre losing DPS.
Blood mirror doesn't help that much on Tyr, the week you're most likely to use it. The boss has like a trillion HP, it's a long fight, BM will cover you for a very short duration of it.

Better off just using BS or Purg. BS to clear trash more quickly regardless if it's Tyr or not and Purg if you're doing like a +20 or something.
With the way Deathstrike heals, you should always be able to keep yourself up, assuming you have enough HP and vers to survive taking hits in the first place.

If anything, what legendaries you equip is 100x more important. Belt+Soul of the Deathlord will make you unkillable on Tyr and Chest+boots will make you a kitting, unkillable god on Fort.
I kept purgatory. Blood mirror is lackluster at best in m+. I want to like bone storm but the fact the it uses my entire runic power pool is a no no for me. I've frequently been in situations with big pulls in high keys where I popped bone storm and yea, I had good healing but when it's done you have only a little RP for an emergency DS. I dunno, I like the safeguard of Purgatory
Blood mirror works on aoe pulls too. The marked target will take 20% of all damage you take, not just from that target. So the more targets are hitting you, the more you will reflect onto the blood mirror guy. Also bonestorm full duration costs like 3 DS worth of damage and healing, depending on your gear and talents, so you'd have to subtract that from the overall damage and healing it does. The opportunity cost is high, while blood mirror costs nothing, only has a net benefit. Purgatory is whatever, I've never felt the need to use it. Usually when we wipe in m+, it's the rest of the grp that dies first and I'm still standing. At +18 and below anyway.
12/23/2017 11:11 PMPosted by Ineedmoneeyy
Blood mirror works on aoe pulls too.

Yes, we know what the ability does. Bonestorm just has a shorter cooldown, therefore it's better.
Also I run legplates, so the runic power thing doesn't apply to me.
12/24/2017 05:15 AMPosted by Molecula
12/23/2017 11:11 PMPosted by Ineedmoneeyy
Blood mirror works on aoe pulls too.

Yes, we know what the ability does. Bonestorm just has a shorter cooldown, therefore it's better.
Also I run legplates, so the runic power thing doesn't apply to me.

Why would you run the legplates? They are pretty weak as a legendary. Blood mirror is free, it doesn't have any opportunity cost or resource requirement. It's there when you need it. It's shorter cooldown, therefore it's better? Lmfao wtf, worst logic.

Bonestorm just has a shorter cooldown, therefore it's better

Heroism has a 10 min cooldown so its a bad ability then?

The longer the cd is the stronger the ability is, generally. Thats why they have, you know, a long cd.
12/24/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Chaaka

Bonestorm just has a shorter cooldown, therefore it's better

Heroism has a 10 min cooldown so its a bad ability then?

Yeah bro, Bonestorm has a 1 min cd, so it's 10x better than Bloodlust.
If bone storm just didn't cost Runic power it would be my fav ability
I use bonestorm by default after the first time I tanked a skittish fortified week and had dps pulling off me. These days it’s nice to use while the healer is drinking between pulls if it’s a bad week. I only tank up to 15 or 16 and quite frankly it doesn’t matter at that level.

I stopped using purgatory when I stopped running with a bad healer.
I was running Bonestorm cause a guildie suggested and swore by it but as some people have pointed out. Dumping your entire RP for some AoE and healing and hoping you don’t need a DS before you build back up has gotten me in enough sticky situations where if I’m doing anything worth paying attention I’ll stick to Blood Mirror