Is it safe to level a warlock?

General Discussion
I want to do insane dps on multi target fights and locks are cream of the crop. Plus I love leveling characters and gearing them up.
safe? they're pretty much immortal in world content.
No, the devil will find you and take your soul!
Sure, just carry a can of Mace with you at all times, don't stay out too late, and don't wear any transmog that will make people think you're asking for it, okay?
last guy I knew that leveled a warlock turned into a carrot.

Definitely not safe.
Besides this hunter, im also leveling a aff lock, and yeah, in world content, there is nothing that will even really damage you. In Bg's, i tend to get wrecked when facing more than 1 player at a time, get shadow locked a lot. But overall, its pretty fun.
Nah it's not safe anymore. They'll come and get you. Should have done it a few expansions ago. Now they'll know. They'll definitely find you and take you away.

It's not safe. GET OUT!!!
it's never safe to level up a new character. time spent not on a 110 means time spent someone else is out gearing you meaning they do more dps on multi target fights, which means you leveled a new character up for nothing because now you aren't geared enough to get into a new run meaning you'll slowly fall behind until eventually the creeping existential dread kicks in and you all of a sudden find yourself waking up in the middle of a field blackout drunk
My crystal ball is in the shop so I can't tell you if locks will always be in a good spot.

Right now locks are great and it's been my main for a LONG time.
12/22/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Swiftyhunter
I want to do insane dps on multi target fights and locks are cream of the crop. Plus I love leveling characters and gearing them up.
NO DON’T!!!! All warlocks pee sitting down their not safe to play!
Excluding a brief period in Wrath when dot-snapshotting was all the rage and you could kick out a super-powered Doomguard summon and obliterate DPS meters, I feel that right now has been the absolute best time ever to be Affliction.

Level that warlock. You will not regret it.
I didn't level one but did use a boost. I was not injured using a boost so I'm not sure about leveling one.

I like it, there is nothing you cannot seem to do, including soloing dungeons. I tried to solo the dungeon on Broken Shore but the CC was the end of me. Did get the orb of change the Succubus so that was cool. Yeah, it seems pretty good and it seems to do good damage. My warlock is affliction, cannot see playing any other spec other than that.
Run.
Safe? My locks have never come out of the Wowverse to cause me physical damage... am I doing something wrong again?

(puts out tray of cookies for all to enjoy)
Only if you give out free cookies and party invitations.
Every spec is fine play what you want.
Nope. Too dangerous.
12/22/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Swiftyhunter
Sure if you like Affliction
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#difficulty=4
Very, very dangerous!!!!
No, you will die.

On the inside.