Bought Legion. Made DH. Somethin not right

General Discussion
So I am late for the party, but I made my DH on a realm I don’t have any characters on. Played a few hours. Something just doesn’t feel right. Is it the name I gave him? The appearance I made? I just don’t have that sense of ‘satisfaction’ or ‘ownership’ of a new character I made like I did years ago. I really really wanna be attached to this character, I really do. I want to finis achievements, grind loot like I did in the old days. The game itself is addictive. But something is telling me... go back to horde and play your old characters on your low pop realm.

WHY??
i dunno, give it time? a character doesn't grow on you instantly.
This might help

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-guide
run Heroic and mythic raids and M+ dungeons 15 and higher, and it may grow on you. something challenging.
It's the outfit. You need to go with a Conan the barbarian/Chewbacca the Wookie combo style.
Step 1: Don't roll a DH
12/29/2017 09:07 PMPosted by Divayne
Step 1: Don't roll a DH

This is probably the correct answer, but I’ve already paid for the game so I might as well try it...
12/29/2017 08:56 PMPosted by Uries
So I am late for the party, but I made my DH on a realm I don’t have any characters on. Played a few hours. Something just doesn’t feel right. Is it the name I gave him? The appearance I made? I just don’t have that sense of ‘satisfaction’ or ‘ownership’ of a new character I made like I did years ago. I really really wanna be attached to this character, I really do. I want to finis achievements, grind loot like I did in the old days. The game itself is addictive. But something is telling me... go back to horde and play your old characters on your low pop realm.

WHY??

This is my first DH.
Honestly HATED it at first.
Felt too whippy in ways....and too clunky in others.
Now Im having a hard time even wanting to play my warrior and rogue.
Mine is horde.....seems like it was an option during the origins run until I got to Orgrimmar.
If you bought legion you have a free level 100 boost. make a bunch of 100 trial characters read icy veins watch you tube and head to the training dummies to see what you like. Then you will make an informed $60 boost decision. Level the boosted character first then come back to dh later
Every time I see a DH I feel like I failed during BC. Like I tried to kill them all, but just couldn't do it.
Havoc, looks super fun. But, quickly you realize it's only skin deep. Veng is a lot more in-depth and fun.
Its because all of the classes real functionality is locked behind talents, which you dont get till 110. Every other class has you level into them more naturally for the scaling difficulty of the leveling content.

For leveling as havoc you will probably want fel mastery and demonic appetite, and as much crit as ypu can get. Chain pulling you will be a boss and appetite will help for longer lived mobs.
12/29/2017 09:21 PMPosted by Soulguard
Its because all of the classes real functionality is locked behind talents, which you dont get till 110. Every other class has you level into them more naturally for the scaling difficulty of the leveling content.

For leveling as havoc you will probably want fel mastery and demonic appetite, and as much crit as ypu can get. Chain pulling you will be a boss and appetite will help for longer lived mobs.

This is a large part of it. On my DH, I remember in WoD playing him and not really being impressed because 90% of what I was doing was charge forward, leap back, throw glaive, charge forward again. Rinse. Repeat.

Once Legion came out and I was able to get my talents, I started to have a lot more fun with him.
Perhaps you feel the way I do with characters that start at a higher level.
For some reason they just dont feel like my character if I dont start them
from level one. I dont know why. My friend that I play Wow with feels
the same way. The boost that you get with each expansion does not
make me feel that way. Its only on characters that I didnt start from
level one.

WHY??

Found the problem, friend.

You aren't a Monk.
WHY??
'cause you can't play a Goblin Demon Hunter; heck, even a Gnome would be acceptable. Being limited to two of the worst, unattractive races in the game brings the whole class down, eh.
I tinker with this DH from time to time, but it just feels so cheesy compared to normal classes. This paired with the natural detachment that comes stock with freshly created hero class characters tends to keep the experimentation short-lived.

I haven't maxed out a death knight either, but oddly enough I'm feeling more inclined to now than I was back during WotLK. Maybe DHs will become appealing to me several expansions from now? I dunno.