Demon hunters have ruined pvp

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
12/25/2017 07:47 AMPosted by Moltké
12/24/2017 11:56 PMPosted by Forums
Is it surprising that higher-rated RBG teams stack certain specs? I think they did that before the era of demon hunters.

Players have gotten really good at identifying FOTM specs, switching to them, and then stacking them when they want to push ratings.

I’m most games i don’t think this would be acceptable.

I mean they nerfed burst of speed from Wod yet they think it’s okay for a DH to skip 3 times in wsg and cross the field.

or for DH tank to make it to either bot or top on deepwind before anyone else and if you don’t have a DH tank on your team you are guaranteed to lose the first base cap and it’s nearly guaranteed you lose cart race.

They're mobile and have silences. That's their strength. Their damage is ALRIGHT, but unremarkable, and their meta is obvious as paladin wings. Learn to play.
12/28/2017 02:39 AMPosted by Cathorist
12/28/2017 12:06 AMPosted by Jugajr

Ofc I'm serious... they are bottom tier in arena.

This is mainly aimed at how broken they are in rbgs.

1 thing the arena vs rbg comparison is rbg don't have dampening

Yea, I was just adding on to what the other poster said. DH are stacked like any other class has been in the past, but they aren't so OP they are excelling in all areas of wow.
DH haven't ruined pvp as a whole - they have ruined every single CTF map though
Make a DK and mash DH faces.
12/28/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Mindsnare

Just like druids & monks before them?
12/28/2017 12:10 PMPosted by Kalemne
12/28/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Mindsnare

Just like druids & monks before them?

Druids and monks could not cap flags before they spawn like in dwg and ab if your horde.
12/28/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Cathorist
Druids and monks could not cap flags before they spawn like in dwg and ab if your horde.

[/quote]

Point is there will always be that EFC class that out performs the other, best just to learn how to deal with it.
12/28/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Kalemne
12/28/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Cathorist

Point is there will always be that EFC class that out performs the other, best just to learn how to deal with it.[/quote]

We could always bring back burst of speed to hear the rogue complaints.
12/28/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Xjd

Point is there will always be that EFC class that out performs the other, best just to learn how to deal with it.

We could always bring back burst of speed to hear the rogue complaints.[/quote]

With the amount of moaning about DH I wonder if anyone really remembers that.
12/28/2017 01:58 PMPosted by Kalemne

We could always bring back burst of speed to hear the rogue complaints.

With the amount of moaning about DH I wonder if anyone really remembers that.[/quote]

I do. It was stupid. Rogues everyone just spamming that button over and over. You get them out of stealth and expect to punish them? Lol BoS, not even to LoS, just BoS in the opposite direction and get the restealth.

We could always bring back burst of speed to hear the rogue complaints.[/quote]

Rogues lost speed after 5 stacks. It would be better then current tanks
12/28/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Corpseworth
I do. It was stupid. Rogues everyone just spamming that button over and over. You get them out of stealth and expect to punish them? Lol BoS, not even to LoS, just BoS in the opposite direction and get the restealth.

I got trolled in an arena during that era. We killed the partner and couldn't catch the rogue. We ended up leaving after 10 minutes of chasing him and couldn't catch him. Sounds silly that 2 grown men couldn't catch a single rogue in a small arena room but it's true. I failed...
They've ruined DWG, you're right about that. They can cap the cart in like 20 seconds, faster than anyone else. Double leap, Trample and then double jump and glide over and over again as that is faster than walking normally.
I must admit as broken as it is I do get a chuckle in the Warsong Brawl when 1-2 Demon Hunters take the flag, then some other average class takes the last flag and is barely half way when the Demon Hunters have already capped. Its like watching your average Joe sprint against Usain Bolt.
12/27/2017 08:46 PMPosted by Synestii
12/27/2017 03:48 AMPosted by Grellos
And once again these forums deliver on stating emphatically that an apple is actually an orange. There is a reason that Demon hunters are the most played PvP class, and it's not because they are underpowered.

No DH is actually just a rotten apple. I've literally beat on an rdruid in WSG grabbing our flag, all the way back to his base never missing a beat. Typical WSG no team response. Rotating CDs and my only stun on 1 min cd. never bothered him much lol. Beween bashes, hots and bear. He never dipped to a point he might have been bothered.

My sub rogue puts EFCs down with 0 stacks faster then my warrior with berserking. Like I said even with a 14% Stat boost Havoc is trashcan lol.

The fact people complain about them amazes me. THEY DO MUCH DAMAGE OMG OMG OMG. Yea no buddy they are cata rets. 2 minute Cd heros that do squat.

If you really think DH is great, I challenge you to play a sub rogue, or arms warrior at 110, and at DH. In a day of PVPing on them you'll quickly be on here going man DH sux wtf fix this class.

Veng DH in PVP is literally the only thing that class has atm lol. Its a shame because I like mine but they don't really bring anything to table. They depend on a legendary ring to fix PVE DPS issues and bad class mechanics. Veng is the least desired tank in PVE all xpac and havoc DH isn't worth the DPS slot in PVP when there are plenty of better options. Veng PVP is stupid obnoxious but its all they got lmao

Lmao 0 rbg achieves and a recent 1550 arena achieve spitting this crap like it’s gospel. Maybe the problem with your DH isn’t the class itself...but you. DHs are in a great place right now and sought after for RBGs not just for their ability to FC but also their amazing dmg
12/29/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Trillidin
Lmao 0 rbg achieves and a recent 1550 arena achieve spitting this crap like it’s gospel. Maybe the problem with your DH isn’t the class itself...but you. DHs are in a great place right now and sought after for RBGs not just for their ability to FC but also their amazing dmg

I don't agree with everything he said either but attacking the guy's achieves isn't the best way to prove your point imo.
12/29/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Xjd
12/29/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Trillidin

I don't agree with everything he said either but attacking the guy's achieves isn't the best way to prove your point imo.

Point taken
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No DH is actually just a rotten apple. I've literally beat on an rdruid in WSG grabbing our flag, all the way back to his base never missing a beat. Typical WSG no team response. Rotating CDs and my only stun on 1 min cd. never bothered him much lol. Beween bashes, hots and bear. He never dipped to a point he might have been bothered.

My sub rogue puts EFCs down with 0 stacks faster then my warrior with berserking. Like I said even with a 14% Stat boost Havoc is trashcan lol.

The fact people complain about them amazes me. THEY DO MUCH DAMAGE OMG OMG OMG. Yea no buddy they are cata rets. 2 minute Cd heros that do squat.

If you really think DH is great, I challenge you to play a sub rogue, or arms warrior at 110, and at DH. In a day of PVPing on them you'll quickly be on here going man DH sux wtf fix this class.

Veng DH in PVP is literally the only thing that class has atm lol. Its a shame because I like mine but they don't really bring anything to table. They depend on a legendary ring to fix PVE DPS issues and bad class mechanics. Veng is the least desired tank in PVE all xpac and havoc DH isn't worth the DPS slot in PVP when there are plenty of better options. Veng PVP is stupid obnoxious but its all they got lmao

Yes clearly I've never played WoW till recently and this is must be my first account. Thank you for pointing that out! Ad hominem at its finest

DH are bottom of ladder in arena which doesn't fall too far from RBG/BG performance. They are gonna be in a worse spot when BFA hits and chaos nova becomes an aoe disorient . Thinking they are fine and dandy right now I find a bit of a confusing concept. They should be top of list of re-tuning/design and given a clear role and identity in PVP. The current design is pretty terrible. If you think mashing damage on a 2 minute CD with no MS and Aoe dispellable stun (soon to be removed) is gonna see the class out of the bottom of barrel in PVP to the top. Well then I wish there was a follow button on here, because I'd certainly be the first to call you when BFA hits and your raging that fel eruption is you're only option for a small 2 second stun which means bye nemesis.

Have fun chasing people around and trying to PVE them to death I guess though class is certainly fine....lol You must think you are carrying every game with that heavy AOE padding that is being trivially outhealed. Hey atleast you made #1 damage though!
12/29/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Proselytism

Yes clearly I've never played WoW till recently and this is my first account. Thank you for pointing that out! /sarcasm

DH are bottom of ladder in arena which doesn't fall too far from RBG/BG performance. They are gonna be in a worse spot when BFA hits and chaos nova becomes an aoe disorient . Thinking they are fine and dandy right now I find a bit of a confusing concept. They should be top of list of re-tuning/design and given a clear role and identity in PVP. The current design is pretty terrible. If you think mashing damage on a 2 minute CD with no MS and Aoe dispellable stun (soon to be removed) is gonna see the class out of the bottom of barrel in PVP to the top. Well then I wish there was a follow button on here, because I'd certainly be the first to call you when BFA hits and your raging that fel eruption is you're only option for a small 2 second stun which means bye nemesis.

Have fun chasing people around and trying to PVE them to death I guess though class is certainly fine....lol You must think you are carrying every game with that heavy AOE padding that is being trivially outhealed. Hey atleast you made #1 damage though!

All you need to do is focus kill the healers. And it’s not just the DHs job it’s a team effort. You are correct they don’t have quiet the utility as a warrior with MS or a rogue with multiple cheap shots. They are still valuable damage dealers. They can also imprison off heals for cc and aoe stun which, yes, is dispellable but when done on large groups can make a huge difference. Also take the top 100 ladder with a grain of salt as though they may not be super represented there they still are valuable at lower CRs
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes clearly I've never played WoW till recently and this is my first account. Thank you for pointing that out! /sarcasm

All you need to do is focus kill the healers. And it’s not just the DHs job it’s a team effort. You are correct they don’t have quiet the utility as a warrior with MS or a rogue with multiple cheap shots. They are still valuable damage dealers. They can also imprison off heals for cc and aoe stun which, yes, is dispellable but when done on large groups can make a huge difference. Also take the top 100 ladder with a grain of salt as though they may not be super represented there they still are valuable at lower CRs

Thats the thing, what is DH providing that another class isn't? Other classes do better focused damage ontop of bringing better utility arsenal ONTOP of stuns. Smoke bomb/sharpen blade > ANYTHING a dh has literally lol thats my point. A dispellable stun, wet noodle damage outside cooldowns. Did I mention they die inside a stun easier then any other class lol. I'm not gonna insult you intelligence but I strongly feel you are not seeing how the class fails on multiple levels and isn't on par with its peers and is in need of work/tuning to bring it out of the slums. As for the ladder, there is SIX, yes 6, demon hunters in the TOP 400.

They are walking trashcans blizzard needs to rework/tune and bring up to where it should be. Cleave padding BGs for what looks like impressive damage but is actually minimal isn't a good design. Imprison? DRs with monk sap which btw WW> DH so why bring dh over WW?. WW has an aoe NONDISPELLABLE STUN. Ontop of fist of fury and all their other nonsense. DH team contribution and utility is poorly lacking and they aren't bringing to the table what a class should be. Everyone has stuns pretty much, more of them undispellable, ONTOP of bringing the damage in and out of CDs, the CC, and better utility/defensives.

Sure you could argue oh man, I drop some clutch AOe peels with chaos nova, AND THEN I DROPPED DARKNESS FOR DA 70% EVASION ONTOP MY HEELZ N SAVE DA DAY. Really though they probally wouldn't need as much relief if you just idk played a more versatile DPS that brings pressure and peels and utility to table.