WW monks insanely squishy?

General Discussion
I understand ww monks dps wise are in a great spot but does anyone feel like the room for error with ww is insanely small and are insanely squishy. Can anyone offer some insight on this ?
Wouldn't know. Usually my monk's target is dead before she can take damage.

Now if your talking about bosses and world rares, melee dps is almost always more risky than ranged due to all those pools of crap that form around those mobs that ranged gets to stay far, far away from and yet keep dpsing. It's always a matter of how well you can dance and how many "Oh sheep!" buttons your class has, whether it's avoidance or heals. While no one's got it as good as ret pallies (okay feral druids, maybe you do, but I still haven't managed to level a druid), monks are in a better place than rogues or dps warriors most of the time.
My Fury Warrior die 20-50 times a hour. My Monk once a week.
Although I played him this morning and had two followers only died once.
The Monk makes you not repeat the same thing over again keeps you on your toes; mastery.
Can't say I experience this, even when I first dinged. In fact, this is a character I feel more comfortable being more reckless on. Between Healing Elixir, and my self heal, free bubble heals with each kill, and my dps, I have never had much issue.

That said, make sure you're utilizing all your mobility (assuming this might be an issue) - monks have a lot of ways to get out of cleaves/aoe effects, and then to quickly come back to target.
Leg Sweep groups of mobs, Paralysis are strong while you DPS the weak mobs, Touch of Karma, and then just doing your rotation correctly.

I've never felt squishy on WW, the AoE damage is so bonkers I just mow down everything.
If you mean through pulling too man mobs, unless you're a tank/healer everyone is squishy.

In group content? Personal experience lends that WW feels less squishy than I do as enhancement. You have a talented ability you can press for a 15% heal that also triggers automatically under a certain health threshold, Mark of Karma up to a certain point, and even Transcendence for a % heal. I'm envious.
Your Ilvl 940 and have 2 of the best legendaries.. are you trying to solo multiple rares or are you talking pvp?
12/19/2017 04:20 AMPosted by Nolvadex
Your Ilvl 940 and have 2 of the best legendaries.. are you trying to solo multiple rares or are you talking pvp?
the issue honestly came from that listed above i became far to cocky with class because of how absolutely amazing the class is i love how not stale the rotation is and all of the great outs and oh !@#$ buttons i had but it was my downfall i was to confident and began tunneling because of the "my class is so amazing" mentality i got in ashamed as i am i just became complacent and stoped trying as hard as i once did to play at my peak ofcourse gaining the 6or 7 thousand extra stam certainly helped it really fell on me trying to parse super high instead of trying to down bosses once i got my head out of my %^- i began to realize aslong as i have and idea for what im going to do 30 or so seconds before i need to i quickly became a way more aware and died next to never anymore it realy was my own hubris making me so squishy ty all for the input
Karma saves you from everything. Otherwise use your mobility, we have amazing mobility that allows us to easily dodge stuff in raids or run away in pvp.
I notice a lot of monks don't use their free teleport ability, either they forget they have it or don't know about it.
We are on the squishy side. However I find that diffuse magic in the right hands can really save you from a lot of things if you time it right. I find it far more useful these days then healing elixir. Outside of the karma window yeah dude you’re pretty screwed lol.
monks are one of the most durable dps in the game, 25% heal on port, healing elixirs, and touch of karma combined with insane mobility
Lol no

2 free insane healing potions, karma that can save you from anything, transcendence that heals you and insane mobility.

When I mess up a mechanic that would have killed me on another class I still don't die just because I'm a monk
12/19/2017 04:20 AMPosted by Nolvadex

Katsuo's isn't BiS anymore. With T21 4p, and this guy will surely have that eventually given he appears to be doing some active raiding, The Wind Blows takes its spot. It's still a good legendary, sure, but it's not what it was. It's unfortunate though, that WW gets locked into specific tier slots with two taken by legendaries. Granted, we were locked into specific tier slots with the T19/20 combination too, but that at least had some give until you got those pieces. T21 is also only worth using once you have the full 4p.

WW is definitely not squishy though, certainly not in comparison to other specs/classes. Well, not unless you're taking on more than you can reasonably handle without being creative.
I'm a crappy player. My errors are large and frequent. I can tell you that no, we're not squishy and the margin for error is not insanely small. I just returned to my monk, here, for that specific reason.

Well, that and it's just fun AF to play. :)
If you feel squishy your doing something wrong or pulling in way too many mobs. The archimode trinket is insanely good esp in world, normally I would run around as BrM but with that trinket and a good ilvl even argus is mostly easy other than argus elite rares.

If you dont have the trinket, ToK, leg sweep and dps away and you should be fine.
12/21/2017 06:39 AMPosted by Braellynn
The archimode trinket is insanely good

Archimonde's is great. Between that and Touch of Karma/Cenedril, I may have to pop a Healing Elixer after a battle once in a while.
12/21/2017 06:19 AMPosted by Urugao
I'm a crappy player. My errors are large and frequent. I can tell you that no, we're not squishy and the margin for error is not insanely small. I just returned to my monk, here, for that specific reason.

Well, that and it's just fun AF to play. :)
to be fair your 899 nothing you will encounter in reason will be that unforgiving
Healing elixer is strong, has 2 charges, and is on a short CD

Karma is amazing

T1 talent is ok

The most underused is definitely port. It's a 25% heal with a short cool down. Even if you port 2 feet it's great for soloing.

The key is to use port and 1 charge of healing elixer when you are just low enough to not overheal so you get their cooldowns running.
As a fury warrior ... I feel pretty squishy. Taking extra damage when I utilize one of my core mechanics, and have literally one like ... 7 second heal. Pretty rough life.