Transmog in Classic?

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Sure why not... we wont be getting access to anything but Vanilla gear we find anyway as we quest in Classic. If you want a fancier equipment manager it's fine with me.

If you want to transmog the clown suit pieces you pick up go right ahead.
There is literally another thread about this same thing right next to yours in the list of threads on my last check...
12/21/2017 01:50 PMPosted by Odradæ
There is literally another thread about this same thing right next to yours in the list of threads on my last check...

And?

The entire forum is one long series of the same threads over and over. Get over yourself.
Report it and move on =)
12/21/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Pãnda
Report it and move on =)

ROFL... nothing I said breaks the CoC.
While being rather open minded about potential changes/tweaks in general....

Transmog is one of those things I'm more or less vehemently opposed to, for vanilla.

Being able to recognize someone's gear/gear level by merely looking at them was part of what gave your server's individual players their identity... and made them more recognizable in general.... even if it also meant looking like a clown for much of the time.
As has been mentioned, even a 'self contained' transmog system in Classic will play havoc with the AH.

Just look at retail. I have a level 45 character I was hoping to get some boots for, as I still have on level 5 whites. The starting price for boots on the AH is 600 gold, rising to 15,000. I'd like to avoid that in Classic.
12/21/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Pãnda
Report it and move on =)

Report what, Exactly?
12/21/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Åpocalypse

Transmog is one of those things I'm more or less vehemently opposed to, for vanilla.

Being able to recognize someone's gear/gear level by merely looking at them was part of what gave your server's individual players their identity... and made them more recognizable in general.... even if it also meant looking like a clown for much of the time.

If all you have to transmog with is Classic gear its not going to make much of a difference.
12/21/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Twidget

And?

The entire forum is one long series of the same threads over and over. Get over yourself.

And...there is zero need for another thread on the exact same topic when you could have just replied in that thread.

And btw, no to transmog. It’s fine in live but don’t need nor want it in Classic. I’m not going to bother in this thread to go into detail for my reasons because I already have in some of the other numerous threads regarding this.

And before you ask, yes it changes the game and the dynamic, so again, don’t want it.
12/21/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Axebreaker
As has been mentioned, even a 'self contained' transmog system in Classic will play havoc with the AH.

Just look at retail. I have a level 45 character I was hoping to get some boots for, as I still have on level 5 whites. The starting price for boots on the AH is 600 gold, rising to 15,000. I'd like to avoid that in Classic.

The starting price is 600g because people at 110 make 600g just by sneezing. Supply and demand will always rule the AH, it did in Vanilla too.
I vote no for transmog, personally. But I wouldn't be upset if it made it in, either.
12/21/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Nuadelara

And?

And...there is zero need for another thread on the exact same topic when you could have just replied in that thread.

And btw, no to transmog. It’s fine in live but don’t need nor want it in Classic. I’m not going to bother in this thread to go into detail for my reasons because I already have in some of the other numerous threads regarding this.

And before you ask, yes it changes the game and the dynamic, so again, don’t want it.

Doesnt change anything about the dynamic at all. Sorry, but you are wrong. Transmogging classic gear is just a fancy equipment manager and we had that in Vanilla.
looking like a clown is a vanilla tradition!
12/21/2017 01:59 PMPosted by Twidget
The starting price is 600g because people at 110 make 600g just by sneezing. Supply and demand will always rule the AH, it did in Vanilla too.

You're correct. But there isn't much demand from level 60 characters to purchase level 30 greens. Adding transmog creates greater demand. Supply can't rise very much for items controlled by world drops, and thus prices will rise.

So, saying it will "not make much of a difference" is disingenuous by your own admission.
Big nope.

And?

Yeah, but it doesn't have to be.
Totally haven't seen this type of thread already today.
12/21/2017 02:01 PMPosted by Twidget
12/21/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Nuadelara

Doesnt change anything about the dynamic at all. Sorry, but you are wrong. Transmogging classic gear is just a fancy equipment manager and we had that in Vanilla.

Incorrect and if you ahd read any of the other transmog theads you would know this.
Or none of them had the answers you liked and hoped to fair better with a new one.

And from the sticky.

Search
The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming.
12/21/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Åpocalypse

Except nobody is going to be able to mog into gear they don't have access too.IE Timmy is a dedicated MC raider on his pally, At best he's going to look like he fell out of a shipment of bannana's.
Carol on the otherhand is a hardcore naxx raider and doesn't like the look of her tier 3 so mog's it into tier 2 instead.
Jimmy spends an hour a week doing whatever content he can and as a result looks like a clown.