Annual Love is in the Air [RP EVENT]!

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 5 6 7 20 Next
Looks like this was a bad misunderstanding.

From a neutral party, they prolly shouldn’t have been kicked from the discord, and people could have been coordinated better between parties on what events are happening.

I’m also tired of this entitlement that has come up from this. As an officer, and friend of yours for years, Hazel, you aren’t the sole one that can have a date auction. There can be two events of the same purpose and they could have different turn outs. Your time could be invested better sure, but telling everyone openly about how it’s displeasing and sucks kinda comes off pretty negatively and makes it seem almost as if you’re whining. I mean what’s the negative if someone else is trying to make another RP event and you’re both actively trying to involve RPers.

This whole situation is pretty dumb, I guarantee if both parties tried to mend fences quietly and privately instead of coming to conclusions quickly, we wouldn’t be here.

But, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’m in team shots boat, sail me away captain.

Communication is key to moving forward, and I really feel like the lack there of has hurt the RP community.

I’m not saying people need to apologize for what’s happened in the past, but I’d implore everyone to look to the future so we can have fun events and beat monsters and pvp and stuff.

From a neutral party, they prolly shouldn’t have been kicked from the discord, and people could have been coordinated better between parties on what events are happening.

I’m also tired of this entitlement that has come up from this. As an officer, and friend of yours for years, Hazel, you aren’t the sole one that can have a date auction. There can be two events of the same purpose and they could have different turn outs. Your time could be invested better sure, but telling everyone openly about how it’s displeasing and sucks kinda comes off pretty negatively and makes it seem almost at if you’re whining. I mean what’s the negative if someone else is trying to make another RP event and you’re both actively trying to involve RPers.

This whole situation is pretty dumb, I guarantee if both parties tried to mend fences quietly and privately instead of coming to conclusions quickly, we wouldn’t be here.

But, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should go back and read the entire thing, because that's not what it's about - that's just one very small part of it.
Because we did try to communicate with the other parties, multiple people from other parties - who weren't exactly willing to communicate with me. It was dismissed and marked as resolved without so much as a word to me.

You're entitled to your opinion and to think I'm whining, but honestly I don't care - if you were treated like crap you'd be miffed and probably whine and complain and vent somewhere, and it's not like I can do it in the RP discord.

But hey, I'm leaving out most of the details to not be a jerk and call people out.
I want to join team Shotstrey
Now that we're talking openly about things, I need to confess something that's been on my mind for a while.

When I first saw this event, my eyes scanned the title too fast and I thought it said "Animal Love is In The Air".

Whew that felt better.
02/02/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Leybinder
Now that we're talking openly about things, I need to confess something that's been on my mind for a while.

When I first saw this event, my eyes scanned the title too fast and I thought it said "Animal Love is In The Air".

Whew that felt better.

This is not the place for jokes, Resolve.
02/02/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Trickery
02/02/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Maekur
Boohoo

02/02/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Raikino
Is it too late to sign up?
Classy guild!
You run from fights after campin our lowbie...i followed you all the way to suramar but you ran...think we have a bit mor....oh wait maekur comment...go on.
02/02/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Àglaica
02/02/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Trickery

... Classy guild!
You run from fights after campin our lowbie...i followed you all the way to suramar but you ran...think we have a bit mor....oh wait maekur comment...go on.

WAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

Because of this disrespect I’m cancelling my upcoming event. This community isn’t worth my time.
Hi guys. I haven't commented but I want to participate.
Discord =/= The ED RP community
02/02/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Brat

I’m also tired of this entitlement that has come up from this. As an officer, and friend of yours for years, Hazel, you aren’t the sole one that can have a date auction. There can be two events of the same purpose and they could have different turn outs. Your time could be invested better sure, but telling everyone openly about how it’s displeasing and sucks kinda comes off pretty negatively and makes it seem almost at if you’re whining. I mean what’s the negative if someone else is trying to make another RP event and you’re both actively trying to involve RPers.

But, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should go back and read the entire thing, because that's not what it's about - that's just one very small part of it.
Because we did try to communicate with the other parties, multiple people from other parties - who weren't exactly willing to communicate with me. It was dismissed and marked as resolved without so much as a word to me.

You're entitled to your opinion and to think I'm whining, but honestly I don't care - if you were treated like crap you'd be miffed and probably whine and complain and vent somewhere, and it's not like I can do it in the RP discord.

But hey, I'm leaving out most of the details to not be a jerk and call people out.

I did read the entire thing though, as a neutral party that’s exactly what it looks like.

You said you knew the owner of the discord wouldn’t kick you, even though in Ilaian’s screenshot they were like “oh yeah go ahead”. So obviously there was a lot of miscommunication there. Plus, there’s always a way to get in contact with people to explain the situation. Weither that be between you or other officers/gms talking for you, that’s not really an excuse that there’s no one to talk to. Like I just don’t see it being all one party’s fault here, I’m sorry to say.

Bad communication leads to the decision to rescind the event when really it looks like you had a lot of support for it already so like, it just seems you didn’t have to cancel it.

Again I reiterate that instead of coming to conclusions people take the time to work things out before coming out on the forums or discord or whatever.

Shots out
What is this mess
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why all my friends fighting
02/02/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Shotsfired
I did read the entire thing though, as a neutral party that’s exactly what it looks like.

You said you knew the owner of the discord wouldn’t kick you, even though in Ilaian’s screenshot they were like “oh yeah go ahead”. So obviously there was a lot of miscommunication there. Plus, there’s always a way to get in contact with people to explain the situation. Weither that be between you or other officers/gms talking for you, that’s not really an excuse that there’s no one to talk to. Like I just don’t see it being all one party’s fault here, I’m sorry to say.

Bad communication leads to the decision to rescind the event when really it looks like you had a lot of support for it already so like, it just seems you didn’t have to cancel it.

Again I reiterate that instead of coming to conclusions people take the time to work things out before coming out on the forums or discord or whatever.

Delby messaged literally 4 or 5 people, mostly officers on twitter.

He spoke to them for me (I was busy) and mentioned them getting in contact with me, someone apparently spoke to someone else and that person said "it was handled".
But again, the other event is just one of the 4 odd things that have led to this event being cancelled.

02/02/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Lahil

I know, but supposedly that's the only place people discuss RP events, and I've been told that not being in it means you're not in the RP community or something to that degree.
02/02/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Brat
I know, but supposedly that's the only place people discuss RP events, and I've been told that not being in it means you're not in the RP community or something to that degree.

LOL

All of this time, through all the RP I've done, building a guild, recruiting, holding events, all the while never once looking at the RP discord and keeping RP chat turned off on the few characters I bothered to join it on...only to find out I'm not part of the RP community. Ain't that some ****?

It's almost as if you can RP with people as you come across them, mind your own damned business, and still be remotely "successful" for lack of a better word, without actually giving a flying **** what other people think.
02/02/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Ilaian
<span class="truncated">...</span>
evie#9447

<span class="truncated">...</span>
After further investigating I learned a handful of people from TMO were banned from it. I know the owner of the discord would never do something like that, so there are some rogue people with moderation privellages deciding who does or doesn’t RP based on guild tags perhaps.

Wouldn’t be the first time.

Hey, rogue moderator here. Your ban in that discord wasn't a matter of RPing or not RPing, it was for dramamongering.

https://i.imgur.com/0wtFOHQ.png

You can see my ban log, being split between three days. 12/29/2017 was when Technique raided the discord, and began to spam voice and chat channels. 30th was weeding out the rest, and we were left with yourself and Delby.

https://i.imgur.com/CZRmU6S.png

Here was the brief discussion with the server owner about your ban, because you think that he wouldn't do anything about it. He had approved me to ban you.

There's the reason for your ban. My discord is in the first screenshot if you'd like to chat.

You said you knew the owner of the discord wouldn’t kick you, even though in Ilaian’s screenshot they were like “oh yeah go ahead”.

Screenshots work so much better when you actually have the entire thing and yeah shots you dont know what you are talking about.

https://imgur.com/a/CPa4S

Edit: The twitter that was linked in the screenshot is not Eevee for people that are rather oblivious and have a hard time reading with their foggy glasses.
02/02/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Tholdrim
LOL

All of this time, through all the RP I've done, building a guild, recruiting, holding events, all the while never once looking at the RP discord and keeping RP chat turned off on the few characters I bothered to join it on...only to find out I'm not part of the RP community. Ain't that some ****?

It's almost as if you can RP with people as you come across them, mind your own damned business, and still be remotely "successful" for lack of a better word, without actually giving a flying **** what other people think.

Just repeating what someone else said lol.

He spoke to them for me (I was busy) and mentioned them getting in contact with me, someone apparently spoke to someone else and that person said "it was handled".
But again, the other event is just one of the 4 odd things that have led to this event being cancelled.

Whoever told you that is dead wrong and needs to be shamed.

Well who over told you that was wrong.