Annual Love is in the Air [RP EVENT]!

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 7 8 9 20 Next
02/02/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Trickery
I dont think effort is being made I think the ED RP communty is showing their true colors and reason why its simply not worth putting any time and effort into these people. There are cool people in the RP community dont get me wrong but non of them step up and actually stop this behaviour. Looking at you Coldridge and shotsfired.

We don't step up and "stop" anything, because we aren't a part of it to begin with and couldn't care less what others do. CoCo has, from day one, done its own thing. People in our guild are active members of the RP Discord and in-game RP channel. Other members wouldn't touch those places with a 10 foot pole. The majority of us RP. Some of us don't, and that's OK. We're not forcing it on anyone.

With all due respect to any and all RP guilds out there, we don't really care what the "community" is doing. In many ways, we're a part of the ED community as much as anyone else. We interact with you, we come to your events, you come to ours, and so on and so forth, but that's where it ends. We said from day one we were going to dance to the beat of our own drums, and we have. The cliques, circle jerks, backbiting, drama, and all the other crap that comes with RP communities (and it's not exclusive to ED by any means) we want no part of.

I don't pull the GM card often, but as GM of CoCo I can tell you right now that if you're looking for us to step up in that manner, you're in for a huge disappointment because it doesn't involve us and we don't care. Do we care about ED and, more specifically, RP? Of course we do. But the crap I listed in the previous paragraph can take a leap, and if people want to involve themselves in it, who am I to stop it? You want me to sit them down and give them a dad talk? Bend them over my knee?

Thing is, you can have a good time on ED and interact with the community without being consumed by it. We're the proof. If someone tells you otherwise, F them. Do your own thing. The problem is never going to get solved by anyone "doing" anything about it directly. The problem gets solved when people start acting like they are part of the community, rather than acting like they are the community. That's not a call out of anyone in particular, most of us have been guilty of it over the years, but it's food for thought.
02/02/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Ilaian
02/02/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Brat
evie#9447

After further investigating I learned a handful of people from TMO were banned from it. I know the owner of the discord would never do something like that, so there are some rogue people with moderation privellages deciding who does or doesn’t RP based on guild tags perhaps.

Wouldn’t be the first time.

Hey, rogue moderator here. Your ban in that discord wasn't a matter of RPing or not RPing, it was for dramamongering.

https://i.imgur.com/0wtFOHQ.png

You can see my ban log, being split between three days. 12/29/2017 was when Technique raided the discord, and began to spam voice and chat channels. 30th was weeding out the rest, and we were left with yourself and Delby.

https://i.imgur.com/CZRmU6S.png

Here was the brief discussion with the server owner about your ban, because you think that he wouldn't do anything about it. He had approved me to ban you.

There's the reason for your ban. My discord is in the first screenshot if you'd like to chat.

Why did you crop a discord conversation and pretend it was about Hazel? Delby's screenshot implied this conversation was about Lacey, a different person.

Much confused.
02/02/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Tholdrim
I dont think effort is being made I think the ED RP communty is showing their true colors and reason why its simply not worth putting any time and effort into these people. There are cool people in the RP community dont get me wrong but non of them step up and actually stop this behaviour. Looking at you Coldridge and shotsfired.

We don't step up and "stop" anything, because we aren't a part of it to begin with and couldn't care less what others do. CoCo has, from day one, done its own thing. People in our guild are active members of the RP Discord and in-game RP channel. Other members wouldn't touch those places with a 10 foot pole. The majority of us RP. Some of us don't, and that's OK. We're not forcing it on anyone.

With all due respect to any and all RP guilds out there, we don't really care what the "community" is doing. In many ways, we're a part of the ED community as much as anyone else. We interact with you, we come to your events, you come to ours, and so on and so forth, but that's where it ends. We said from day one we were going to dance to the beat of our own drums, and we have. The cliques, circle jerks, backbiting, drama, and all the other crap that comes with RP communities (and it's not exclusive to ED by any means) we want no part of.

I don't pull the GM card often, but as GM of CoCo I can tell you right now that if you're looking for us to step up in that manner, you're in for a huge disappointment because it doesn't involve us and we don't care. Do we care about ED and, more specifically, RP? Of course we do. But the crap I listed in the previous paragraph can take a leap, and if people want to involve themselves in it, who am I to stop it? You want me to sit them down and give them a dad talk? Bend them over my knee?

Thing is, you can have a good time on ED and interact with the community without being consumed by it. We're the proof. If someone tells you otherwise, F them. Do your own thing. The problem is never going to get solved by anyone "doing" anything about it directly. The problem gets solved when people start acting like they are part of the community, rather than acting like they are the community. That's not a call out of anyone in particular, most of us have been guilty of it over the years, but it's food for thought.

Good no ya, buddy. More guilds should be more like this, instead of having some strict ruling/routine to adhere to.
I know I said this before but you dudes know that Discord =\= RP community.

Exclusive RP? Guild centric? RP police? HA! Those things never stopped the Ocean man (me) and it should not stop you either. This server is alive and well with tons of other people just like me.

JUST TRY AND STOP US!
LOL
OwO whats dis
02/02/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Rasek
OwO whats dis

RASEK

YOU WILL FINISH YOUR DESERT

AND YOU. ARE GONNA. LIKE IT.

aheugehgeugheg
((

So much makes sense now.

))
pulling random numbers out of my !@# but if 90% of the community is garbage, then be the 10% and hold the event anyways regardless. It's something fun for the sake of fun.

regardless of what happens in-game you're gonna wake up and do what you have to do in life anyways. Event or no event, don't let internet people make you feel so badly that you have to stop something you may enjoy.

I've been drinking.
((

02/03/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Brehaven
pulling random numbers out of my !@# but if 90% of the community is garbage, then be the 10% and hold the event anyways regardless. It's something fun for the sake of fun.

regardless of what happens in-game you're gonna wake up and do what you have to do in life anyways. Event or no event, don't let internet people make you feel so badly that you have to stop something you may enjoy.

I've been drinking.

Its obvious Brehaven really wanted Mare to win him.

/giggle.

))
02/02/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Sharp
RASEK

YOU WILL FINISH YOUR DESERT

AND YOU. ARE GONNA. LIKE IT.

aheugehgeugheg
Wow, a whole desert just for me. I love the world of warcraft.
*sighs*

I hate to be the old furball amidst the grain of new pups and oldheads alike, but while I agree with Tholdrim, it is hard not to recognize the fact that some individuals still have old grudges from years past that they do not wish to bury. Also, the roleplay "community" has been quite guild-inclusive the last few years, and in turn has reduced the amount of interaction to some extent.

What do I mean by this?

Communication and respect has broken down between fellow Dreamers to the point where everyone is wary of the other and, while the invitation might be there to join in on the fun, the majority act as watchdogs to see who steps out of line and then blast them within their own ranks.

Let's not be blind to this at all. Within our own halls we roleplay as we please and fates be damned on everyone's opinion. But how often do you honestly see events like these anymore that take time, pride, and passion? Not often. Why? Because people either don't care since it doesn't pertain to their guild or they do it to make themselves look good and stand out as a dutiful guild.

Now, I know CoCo could give two flying hoots about any of this, but I've been in a majority of your guilds and I have seen this firsthand from the majority. If you're looking for roleplay to get better on Emerald Dream, and you want more events that help BUILD the community from what the past tore down instead of burning the remnants into oblivion, perhaps a meeting of "heads" should be in order.

As for this Discord thing, I'm going to call this out on the carpet and state someone didn't do their job and put Hazel on blast without actually checking to see who it is. Shame on you for that.

Tori out.
offers you all a nice egg in this trying time
02/02/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Raikino
02/02/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Leybinder
Now that we're talking openly about things, I need to confess something that's been on my mind for a while.

When I first saw this event, my eyes scanned the title too fast and I thought it said "Animal Love is In The Air".

Whew that felt better.

This is not the place for jokes, Resolve.
Every day is a day for jokes. Scroogekino is a tyrant.
There's not much people can do to control the behavior of others in this game. The RP community has always had drama, there will always be drama, it's not just Emerald Dream but we do seem to have our own unique way of handling things.

One has to either keep doing what you want despite other people and their shenanigans or you give in and give up and disappear.
02/03/2018 02:22 AMPosted by Cranesong
offers you all a nice egg in this trying time

stalks up quietly, placing the egg inside the visor of his helm, meanwhile sizing up the flavor of the furry hand that gave it to him
As long as y'all keep acting like high schoolers, it's never going to get any better ... and most of you are about 30 or older. Reap what you sow.
Single Nightborne female seeking rich consort for the holiday event.
Bring lots of arcwine.
It's been a day later and Ilaian still hasn't responded.

Seems strange to link a ss and pretend it was about Hazel.
02/02/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Tholdrim

Backbiting huh? Sounds kinky