Artifact weapon quest bug[FIXED]

Customer Support
I started the destruction warlock artifact quest then ended up transferring servers. I'm on my now fourth ticket in an attempt to explain to the GM that the quest is bugged, however I keep getting referred to wowhead in order to find the quest giver, and the GM in my most recent ticket gave me a link directly to the quest I should be on. Problem is, Calydus is no longer in the area he should be due to my recruiting him. However, even before I had recruited him, he hadn't offered any quests.

I've tried my hardest to word it in a way that would indicate the quest is bugged, not that I simply can't find the quest. I know where I should be able to pick up the quest, but the problem is, the quest giver isn't offering any quests. This isn't my only toon I have this problem on, either. However, it is the only toon I'm concerned about it with.

Edit: It's pretty annoying having to wait 20+ hours to get help on this per ticket, especially when I try so hard to explain that it's a bug. Going on day four of trying to get this fixed.
1) GMs don't help with bugs
2) Wowhead is where to look because they don't handle fixing bugs
3) If you think something is bug, post in the bugs forum. Mind you, it's a one way street.
12/13/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Valentïné
I'm on my now fourth ticket in an attempt to explain to the GM that the quest is bugged, however I keep getting referred to wowhead in order to find the quest giver, and the GM in my most recent ticket gave me a link directly to the quest I should be on.

Generally speaking, in most situations there isn't a bug and it is just a misunderstanding of where you are in the questline and where you need to be.

In your case, Valentine, it doesn't look like you actually finished your original questline when obtaining your Affliction Artifact Weapon. You'll want to return to Revil Kost, who should be waiting for you in the Deadwind Pass to give you "The Dark Riders". You'll want to complete that and the other quests up through "Power Overwhelming". It is strange that you managed to progress without doing any of those, but give that a try and see where it takes you.

Unfortunately, since you were discussing the Destruction Artifact Weapon the Game Master never looked at the questline for any other Artifact Weapon and only noted that you had not yet completed the first quest in the Destruction line. Sorry for the confusion.
12/13/2017 08:50 PMPosted by Vrakthris
12/13/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Valentïné
I'm on my now fourth ticket in an attempt to explain to the GM that the quest is bugged, however I keep getting referred to wowhead in order to find the quest giver, and the GM in my most recent ticket gave me a link directly to the quest I should be on.

Generally speaking, in most situations there isn't a bug and it is just a misunderstanding of where you are in the questline and where you need to be.

In your case, Valentine, it doesn't look like you actually finished your original questline when obtaining your Affliction Artifact Weapon. You'll want to return to Revil Kost, who should be waiting for you in the Deadwind Pass to give you "The Dark Riders". You'll want to complete that and the other quests up through "Power Overwhelming". It is strange that you managed to progress without doing any of those, but give that a try and see where it takes you.

Unfortunately, since you were discussing the Destruction Artifact Weapon the Game Master never looked at the questline for any other Artifact Weapon and only noted that you had not yet completed the first quest in the Destruction line. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah I'm a bit confused now, too, if I haven't completed my affliction weapon quest line, but I'll go give that a look now.
Okay, it's now saying I accepted the Dark Riders quest, but it's not in my quest log.
Okay, never mind. Apparently accepting that quest finished the affliction story.
12/13/2017 09:00 PMPosted by Valentïné
Okay, it's now saying I accepted the Dark Riders quest, but it's not in my quest log.

You accepted and completed "The Dark Riders", likely because part of the requirement is to obtain the Ulthalesh, the Deadwind Harvester, which you already did previously. The system recognizes that because in the early days of Legion folks would disconnect after they picked up their weapon, which was part of the quest, and couldn't pick it up again so would get stuck.

He should have had "The Power Possessed" for you after that but he would be standing next to the side entrance to the Karazhan Catacombs. Looks like you Hearthed out of there shortly after grabbing the Dark Riders quest.
12/13/2017 09:06 PMPosted by Valentïné
Okay, never mind. Apparently accepting that quest finished the affliction story.

It shouldn't finish it, you still have a few quests to do. If you are still unable to grab "Finding the Scepter", which I'm fairly certain you can't, you'll want to return to Deadwind Pass and find Revil again.
12/13/2017 09:14 PMPosted by Vrakthris
12/13/2017 09:06 PMPosted by Valentïné

It shouldn't finish it, you still have a few quests to do. If you are still unable to grab "Finding the Scepter", which I'm fairly certain you can't, you'll want to return to Deadwind Pass and find Revil again.

I was able to get it. Thank you so much for the help. This might help me unstuck my other toons, as well.