I Miss Dailies

General Discussion
I've been doing old daily quests for rep and I've found that I miss that NPC interaction in Legion. Sure, it's more efficient to just fly to a location on a map, never having to accept or turn in a quest, but it feels really sterile. I don't hate WQs, but I'd like some balance.
I don't
Not sure what there is to miss about an NPC. Besides, you have the talking heads now. WQs are the new dailies.
I liked doing the dailies in back in MoP. I wish they still did that along with world quests Legion but too many people !@#$%ed about it.
Meh, the talking heads are good enough to scratch my RP itch. They pop up and tell you what you're doing and why, and then thank you afterwards. Having to go do that face to face with the NPC isn't a huge deal to me, but if you want to go visit them, they are still hanging around the faction hubs.

It's a huge step up from Draenor. I hated going to a spot on the map and just randomly killing/collecting things until a bar filled up. I want at least the barest skeleton of a story. I still don't have any idea why that troll in Tanaan wanted me to slaughter a million catmen. I would have told him to piss off if he weren't holding my flying hostage.
12/23/2017 08:00 AMPosted by Grinresh
It's a huge step up from Draenor. I hated going to a spot on the map and just randomly killing/collecting things until a bar filled up.

Absolutely! That was the worst.

12/23/2017 08:00 AMPosted by Grinresh
Meh, the talking heads are good enough to scratch my RP itch. They pop up and tell you what you're doing and why, and then thank you afterwards.

Honestly, those are kind of immersion breaking. How are all of these NPCs communicating with you over distance? Even Khadgar sent NPCs to summon you when he needed to talk in WoD. How are all of these randos magically phoning you?

Again, it's not horrible, I would just prefer to talk to an NPC to get my quests.
Them talking heads. They look like they are jawing on peanut butter. Like films used to do to animals before CGI.
I miss the structure of a daily hub area. I loved the way they did Argent Tournament, Molten Front, Dominance Offensive and Thunder Isle.

I did dailies to get exalted, there were achievements tied to those dailies and I had a clear finish line. For example, I loved the fact that when I got exalted on the Isle of Thunder, I could buy the mount and other items associated with them (like the tabard.) I also worked on different achievements on the Isle that gave me the title Stormbreaker.

The way Legion does rep and "dailies" is absolutely horrible. Most of the WQ I do is the same quest I did when I was leveling. B-O-R-I-N-G! Then the slot machine lever I have to pull every 2-3 weeks for a chance to get a mount? F-
12/23/2017 08:04 AMPosted by Baelgrim
Honestly, those are kind of immersion breaking. How are all of these NPCs communicating with you over distance? Even Khadgar sent NPCs to summon you when he needed to talk in WoD. How are all of these randos magically phoning you?

Again, it's not horrible, I would just prefer to talk to an NPC to get my quests.

I just kind of take it as a shorthand. Most of the NPCs aren't telepathically communicating with you, it's just what they would have said if you had flown to the hub to talk to them in person, and for convenience's sake, the devs have that conversation popping up when you approach the quest area. Think of it as your character flashing back to a conversation they had earlier, and then a flash forward to what the conclusion would be a bit later.

Maybe there should be an option to be able to go accept and turn the quests in to the actual NPCs at the hubs for hardcore role players, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief a bit to save on travel time.
12/23/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Mittledann
Not sure what there is to miss about an NPC. Besides, you have the talking heads now. WQs are the new dailies.
ya but it would of been nice to have like a turn off button or something cause i sure ain't trying to listen to them for the 1000th time again, least with an npc it wouldn't be like forced on you to listen to it while flying around lol.
So far I'm enjoying WQ but I can't help feel that aside from emissary chests, the rep gains are pitiful compared to what we used to get in heroics.
I didn't like WQ at first, but now I them. I feel this is the first time in this game that I've actually had anything to do at max level other than start over on a new character.

I'm not even that interested in the rep, (and I still need a lot to unlock allied races so it's not like I'm ready,) but that I feel like there is actually a form of progression for someone like me. I've never experienced that in an MMO before.
WQ>>>>>>Dailies
12/23/2017 07:53 AMPosted by Baelgrim
I've been doing old daily quests for rep and I've found that I miss that NPC interaction in Legion. Sure, it's more efficient to just fly to a location on a map, never having to accept or turn in a quest, but it feels really sterile. I don't hate WQs, but I'd like some balance.

I feel i'm in the same Boat. I think 1 option they could do is kind of like what they did for Isle of Thunder where we select between actual Daily quests and doing the WQ's i think this would please everyone.
I think everyone has missed something here, World Quests ARE Dailies. You go out and do them every day, just like dailies. They are repeatable, just like dailies. You gain rep through them, just like (most) dailies. They are tied to some kind of faction, just like dailies. You are awared gear, gold, XP, etc, just like dailies.

I fail to see the issue here.
Gonna have to be a no for me. I hated dailies and daily hubs. World Quests at least bring in a semblance of change every now and again.
I think they should keep World Quests but have more storyline when you gain reputation with each faction.
Netherwing, Argent Grounds and Vale of Eternal Blossoms intensifies...

Nty
12/23/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Elae
I think they should keep World Quests but have more storyline when you gain reputation with each faction.

They did that on Isle of Thunder, every week you advanced a new part of the story as your faction unlocked more of the island and added new dailies, that was awesome :D