[H] Tempest Crusade - Rated PvP/World PvP/PvE

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 5 6 7
Sorry for stepping in your thread, but that Zingaling really is a baboon.

Anyways judging by the statements you made throughout these 6 pages seems you already know it may be a change for a pure pvp or pve guild. Good luck recruiting, hope this doesn’t discourage you from giving rp a try. Horde needs more activity tbh. Maybe reach out to Abrahof (GM of <Redwood Tribe>). He does a lot for horde rp on the server and prob one of the best to learn from.
It's not that we did not want to, it's more like we're doing what we can with negativity being thrown our way. I know you guys expect our RP story and other related information to be out already but it's not helpful when we're already being chased off the moment we got here. We actually did post that we plan to release our RP story on the first page and what we plan to do when we got here as far as RP-PvP goes but it's still in the process of being made.

It would be unreasonable to expect you guys to have an RP story or all your characters ironed out when all of these things are brand new and are probably overwhelming for newcomers. Don't let the negatively slow you from doing something you might end up enjoying. Start with small stuff like a guild theme. A militaristic guild comes to mind when I see you guys have guild mount/banner requirements. There's lots of other choices for theme but that's just an example.

I respect Katalina a lot, so if she has good things to say about you and your willingness to try, then I'd be happy to help you with any questions related to RP and stories. Just whisper me in game on this guy or Leybinder.
01/08/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Steampunk
Sorry for stepping in your thread, but that Zingaling really is a baboon.

Anyways judging by the statements you made throughout these 6 pages seems you already know it may be a change for a pure pvp or pve guild. Good luck recruiting, hope this doesn’t discourage you from giving rp a try. Horde needs more activity tbh. Maybe reach out to Abrahof (GM of <Redwood Tribe>). He does a lot for horde rp on the server and prob one of the best to learn from.

No worries! I do feel bad you guys have to deal with him but at the end of the day, it is what it is. We'll be down to try RP, but don't expect us to be good at it as it is a new thing for us. I'll be down to reach out to Abrahof if I can catch him when he's available for this sort of stuff. Thanks!

01/08/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Remmý
It would be unreasonable to expect you guys to have an RP story or all your characters ironed out when all of these things are brand new and are probably overwhelming for newcomers. Don't let the negatively slow you from doing something you might end up enjoying. Start with small stuff like a guild theme. A militaristic guild comes to mind when I see you guys have guild mount/banner requirements. There's lots of other choices for theme but that's just an example.

I respect Katalina a lot, so if she has good things to say about you and your willingness to try, then I'd be happy to help you with any questions related to RP and stories. Just whisper me in game on this guy or Leybinder.

Awesome! We'll continue to keep up and hopefully we'll get our story sorted out sometime in the near future. Themes do seem like a pretty cool idea and we've been looking into a few since we came here. If we can find another guild to try this with, it would help us learn and get more people interested. I understand not everyone is into RP but we'll do what we can to help out the Horde side with RP-PvP.
01/08/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Remmý
I respect Katalina a lot

Awh <3 Kat too. If it wasn't for Aerrithil bringing people together, I may have never met Kat and SWBRB.

He promoted community events which led to me joining premades with them in his discord.
Edited cause typos

Edited: Edited
01/05/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Sakhari
12/21/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Malifious
We're looking forward to having a foothold in the Emerald Dream community and see a bright future ahead.

Everyone plays the game different reasons and we have no intentions of interrupting E-RP events. Irrational and malevolent behavior doesn't serve anybody and certainly doesn't fit the principles of Tempest Crusade.

Any opposition in WPVP is certainly welcomed though.

"E-RP"

....really?

I believe some clarification is in order, given I was the one who originally made the comment.

I've played WoW for a long time and to my knowledge, the terms E-RP and RP have always been completely interchangeable. That being said, sometimes labels can make individuals or groups feel attacked or disenfranchised, which absolutely isn't my intention so if you feel that way, I apologize.

I'm outspoken about where I stand and will make it abundantly clear that my primary focus in this game is PVP.
That being said. Everybody plays the game for different reasons and nobody should be put down or insulted for doing so. As much as ED is known for its role-playing community, it's also known for incredible World PVP, of which is greatly lacking on Tichondrius these days. To top it off, this forum has proven that ED also has a tight-knit community that's invested in keeping the server clean of riff-raff, whatever that definition of "riff-raff" might be to the individual.

With so many positives reasons to join ED, tell me why Tempest Crusade wouldn't want to join?

As noted by Aerrithil previously, we are looking for more members and officers to help run this new division of TC. Although Tichondrius is where we started and currently holds the majority of our members, there's a reason we're all investing this much time and effort branching out to Emerald Dream.

One final note for everyone to remember. Emerald Dream is not an RP server. It's RP-PVP. There's a big difference there and I'd hope that people would remember why that label was put there by Blizzard in the first place.
The Rp-pvp’ers on forums tend to be uneasy with new comers coming from a pure pvp realm with good reason. Although not your guild, many have came from the likes of bh, tich, ds and the countless others because they hear about the wpvp or see that the realm is near 50/50. So we are constantly flooded by the pvpbros chasing the zerg dream.

The fact is the rp’ers made the balancing close to equal. It was nothing for a guild to faction change in the name of keeping the server healthy. The wpvp was made by many rp guilds doing cross faction story campaigns. ED is truely a special place that you will understand the more you get involved.

I encourage you all to check forums and look for Abrahof’s tall tales or horde barnight and go. Just watch and learn or engage with your character. Rp’ers are typically not asshats to new comers and often encourage and willing to help someone learn.
Hey welcome to ED. Good luck with recruitment!

EDIT -
01/08/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Malifiòus
One final note for everyone to remember. Emerald Dream is not an RP server. It's RP-PVP. There's a big difference there and I'd hope that people would remember why that label was put there by Blizzard in the first place.

I was around when it was put there. It was put there for RPers that wanted a more "interactive" environment within their RP. Horde v Alliance etc etc. Also, to add a sense of danger within the RP that was being done. It wasn't added for PvP alone, but for requests from the RP community.

With that said, I try to judge guilds and people on what they do here, not where they come from. So again, GL and hope it all works out.