mana rift's still in the game, AND bugged

Demon Hunter
So not only is mana rift after all this time still in the game, not only is it still never going to be picked vs demonic origins

IT DOESN'T EVEN DO WHAT IT SAYS IT DOES

_____

@Dev's, you were pretty quick to remove rushing vault for mana rift, but rushing vault actually worked

Why is there so much negligence to your class design? How many months has it been now, a little over a year? Are you guys that out of tune with the design of the class? Just do something about it already.

just ASK people who actually play the class, otherwise it seems to me that there's no passion or spirit behind what you do
They've stopped pretty much all effort and development for PvP. There isn't really a reason to develop and balance content for the like 10k people who have queued 3's across the US/EU this season.
12/29/2017 07:40 PMPosted by Marshall
They've stopped pretty much all effort and development for PvP.

Yeah, well, it's pathetic if you ask me--or anyone that has any integrity.

They just need to do their job by focusing their attention and tending to the now instead of pooling all their resources into the next expansion.

It's really sad actually.

I would happily drive about an hour to Irvine to get some communication. It's just so insane, man. It's been 5 seasons now that this garbage ability still remains, and was removed for something that was scarcely used--but still used.

...It just doesn't even do what it says it does
What's the bug? Ive never used it simply because the mana drain game strat hasnt been used effectively since they nixxed mana sting and mana burn (man those were sweet).
12/29/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Büü

What does it do then? I still haven't reached that level of honor.
12/30/2017 09:51 AMPosted by Teirezias
12/29/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Büü

What does it do then? I still haven't reached that level of honor.

Wait for it....

Are you ready?.......

For over a year now, even if you were to pick it--which you never would over Demonic Origins

It does.........

NOTHING
That sort of thing warrants a fix, but likely we would have to provide a report with some combat log proof or video.

See if I can work on that this evening since I like fixing problems anyways.
Yep does nothing. Tried it once just to be disappointed. It's never functioned since they added it in. I think this is probably the most glaring bug that's existed in game for a long time.
It works. But its definitely bugged, and making a firm determination on why will take additional time.

It also seems this has been isolated and reported previously as well.

If you are on the GCD when mana rift triggers, it does nothing. If you are NOT on the GCD when it triggers, it correctly activates its damage and mana burn.

Interestingly, when you cast it, it displays as you casting it, but when it triggers its effect, its registered as the rift dealing the damage and activating the mana burn and NOT you doing so, and I think this is a side effect of how it is coded. (For comparison, when you cast sigil of flame, it shows as you casting it, and when it deals damage, it registers as you dealing the damage via the ability, and not the ability dealing the damage itself).

It can hit more than one target at a time so long as they are in the area of impact.

And its impacted by haste.

This is probably a side effect of them making it a targeted ability to create a ground effect vs. simply a reticule targeted ground effect which i think is unique to this ability (though i may be incorrect as I'm unsure about Hand of Guldan's functionality).

Below are links to a couple of the bug reports original threads, not sure why it wasn't addressed then unless it didn't get enough attention or simply not enough information was provided to properly isolate it. Cinnastik fought the good fight alone it seems for the most part.

Post with photos
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752581345#post-1

Secondary report
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754505957#post-1

Last report
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754955916#post-1
12/30/2017 03:12 PMPosted by Soulguard

Below are links to a couple of the bug reports original threads, not sure why it wasn't addressed then unless it didn't get enough attention or simply not enough information was provided to properly isolate it. Cinnastik fought the good fight alone it seems for the most part.

God bless, hopefully something will finally get done
reverse magic doesnt work for me neither.

dunno why but i tested it out multiple times today and it never worked a single time. i made sure i had a lot of dots on me when i used it too
Illidan's grasp also often just cancels right after you grab someone.
Bumping issues in 2018 that we were reporting 6+ months ago

Reverse magic is still buggy
Fix and move mana rift or remove it for something viable because there is never a reason to not use origins, even if rift worked I'd still use origins

Bring back rushing vault it at least saw SOME play time vs mana rift which gets used 0% of the time. Blizz how can you add a talent in replacing one that got used sometimes with a talent that has literally never been viable and allow this to stay for this long
01/01/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Yurizan
reverse magic doesnt work for me neither.

dunno why but i tested it out multiple times today and it never worked a single time. i made sure i had a lot of dots on me when i used it too

yeah that's also been around for a while. I'm not sure what the cause is either. At first my friends and I thought it was the game lagging whenever I fel rush'ed over and reverse magic'ed. Sure enough in another game we tried it, but this time we were standing still. Still, nothing happened. It seems that reverse magic only works whenever it wants. Idk..I log on here and there these days...I just stopped playing for the most part. Too little care on the game developer's side for me to care too.