raider.io addon needs to get the boot

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 25 Next
The funny thing about the argument "raider.io is the new gearscore, make it go away" is that... Blizzard's answer to gearscore was to integrate it into the game.

In the mid Wrath days of gearscore, item level on the items themselves or player overalls was not publicly exposed information. You needed an addon to expose it on items, and a website to pull data from the Armory to get player overalls. Blizzard then made that data directly visible in the game UI and started basing its group making tools around it.

The same could happen with raider.io data. A player's M+ score could just be exposed directly in the game UI and in the group finder tools, same as happened with item level. Be careful what you wish for.
More elite tears .... hahahaha
12/29/2017 09:30 PMPosted by Dontfightme
My "thoughts" are people who make their own groups can set what ever requirements they want and you should stop crying about it. If they want to use Raider.IO that's perfectly fine. Find another group or make your own and set what ever requirements you want.
Posts like this are why it was stupid to remove downvotes. It makes look like players generally agree with this guy.
12/30/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Khulgrim
12/29/2017 09:30 PMPosted by Dontfightme
My "thoughts" are people who make their own groups can set what ever requirements they want and you should stop crying about it. If they want to use Raider.IO that's perfectly fine. Find another group or make your own and set what ever requirements you want.
Posts like this are why it was stupid to remove downvotes. It makes look like players generally agree with this guy.

He's right. Deal with it.
12/30/2017 03:37 PMPosted by Verbatim
...Posts like this are why it was stupid to remove downvotes. It makes look like players generally agree with this guy.

You're wrong. Deal with it.

Because he makes a logical point?

Should I wipe all day with inexperienced people or should I find the best group possible to finish this key on time?

Not a hard decision to make.

If you don't meet their criteria as the person they want in their group, tough luck.

Especially if you are dps, you're a dime a dozen.
12/30/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Deeven

The same could happen with raider.io data. A player's M+ score could just be exposed directly in the game UI and in the group finder tools, same as happened with item level. Be careful what you wish for.

Actually this would be a good thing because unlike raider.io, Blizzard's in-game score would be accurate.

FYI, Raider.io scoring is very flawed with major issues, it doesn't count every dungeon, only dungeons that make top 100 during it's scan times. so for example if you ran a +20, made the top 100, but raider.io doesnt scan during the time you're listed on the leaderboard, if your name falls off by the time it does its scan, it's like you never did it and raider.io wont show that you ever ran a +20. This is especially problematic for those who are unable to run dungeons at the start of the week on tuesday before wednesday morning.. because if you run dungeons late in the week, you virtually have zero chance to chart unless you get super lucky and join a god comp and run some extremely high keys.
12/30/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Ravens
12/30/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Deeven

Actually this would be a good thing because unlike raider.io, Blizzard's in-game score would be accurate.

FYI, Raider.io scoring is very flawed with major issues, it doesn't count every dungeon, only dungeons that make top 100 during it's scan times. so for example if you ran a +20, made the top 100, but raider.io doesnt scan during the time you're listed on the leaderboard, if your name falls off by the time it does its scan, it's like you never did it and raider.io wont show that you ever ran a +20. This is especially problematic for those who are unable to run dungeons at the start of the week on tuesday before wednesday morning.. because if you run dungeons late in the week, you virtually have zero chance to chart unless you get super lucky and join a god comp and run some extremely high keys.
A Blizzard supported integration would indeed be much better, the same way embracing item level for good was much better than gearscore.
Nothing can be done about it, though. It's not a Blizzard site. It's a separate site run by people that are under no obligation to shut the site down.

Like there's literally nothing anyone can do about it.
12/30/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Ascrod
Should I wipe all day with inexperienced people or should I find the best group possible to finish this key on time?

playign devil's avocate here, seeing your raider.io score, you're not one to make this determination in regards to high rated keys, just based on io score, you'd never get invited to a 2500+ group, even though you do have some +18s under your belt, etc, but becuase you're not running every dungeon, you're beign held back and judged based on your score. Furthermore, as someone who's 2700+, i can tell you first hand, raider.io does not guarantee a "best group".. I've ran plenty of dungeons with people who have 3k scores who are complete idiots and cause wipefests and/or ragequit mid-dungeon.

Raider.io has major flaws, something you may never understand since you're not running in the higher rated groups. Raider.io fails at keeping accurate scores and screws over many actually real skilled players, especially those who arent running dungeons at the start of the week or bother to run all 13 dungeons (like yourself).
12/30/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Aldên
Nothing can be done about it, though. It's not a Blizzard site. It's a separate site run by people that are under no obligation to shut the site down.

Like there's literally nothing anyone can do about it.

that's not true. blizzard could remove their API access, or remove m+ data from the API.

I don't think they should, but they could.
12/30/2017 04:04 PMPosted by Ravens
12/30/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Ascrod

seeing your raider.io score, you're not one to make this determination, but as someone who's 2700+, i can tell you first hand, raider.io does not guarantee a "best group".. I've ran plenty of dungeons with people who have 3k scores who are complete idiots and cause wipefests and/or ragequit mid-dungeon.

Raider.io has major flaws, something you may never understand since you're not running in the higher rated groups. Raider.io fails at keeping accurate scores and screws over many actually real skilled players, especially those who arent running dungeons at the start of the week.

Are you for real lol
12/30/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Deeven
A Blizzard supported integration would indeed be much better
Especially for the fact that Blizzard is trying hard to make M+ dungeons an esport with that Mythic Invitational competition they held and will hold again in the future.. they really should give M+ dungeons the pvp treatment and add more M+ achievements and keep comprehensive seasonal scores/rating in-game for every single player that run high level M+ dungeons (maybe starting at level 10 and higher) like they do with pvp.
tl;dr : im too lazy to make my own group, and demand to get invited to any group regardless of how little i've done in dungeons.
Am i correct?
ITT: Wanting to group with people at your skill level is elitist and toxic.
12/30/2017 04:04 PMPosted by Ravens
playign devil's avocate here, seeing your raider.io score, you're not one to make this determination in regards to high rated keys, just based on io score, you'd never get invited to a 2500+ group, even though you do have some +18s under your belt, etc, but becuase you're not running every dungeon, you're beign held back and judged based on your score. Furthermore, as someone who's 2700+, i can tell you first hand, raider.io does not guarantee a "best group".. I've ran plenty of dungeons with people who have 3k scores who are complete idiots and cause wipefests and/or ragequit mid-dungeon.

I completely understand that I won't get into a 2500+ group, but if I wanted to, odds are I'd have a 2500+ already, right? I get my +15 done every week, and leave it at that. If my guild invites me to an M+ group, I'd go.

Again, if you don't want to use raider.io and just invite anyone into your group, that's your decision to make.
12/30/2017 04:52 PMPosted by Madeinhome
tl;dr : im too lazy to make my own group, and demand to get invited to any group regardless of how little i've done in dungeons.
Am i correct?

Considering i have a 2800 raider io score.. you are incorrect.

I do make my own groups (this week 3 chested my +17 key and ran the +20), also I generally always get invited to the groups I queue to. Neither of these is what this post is about. Rather it's about the flaws/issues of the addon and as a result it needs to go. Instead Blizzard needs to keep better comprehensive M+ scores internally for each player, similar to what they do with rated pvp, and have M+ seasonal achievements as it would be a far more accurate score/judgement on the skill of a player than the flawed raider.io addon with it's terrible update cycle.
12/30/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Ravens
Rather it's about the flaws/issues of the addon

There's always going to be flaws with any website/addon.

People can get carried. People can have a bad day. People might not know the dungeon.

Wanting a perfect system isn't going to happen and so far, raider.io is as close as we can get to an accurate gauging system for players. If it wasn't accurate to some degree, people wouldn't be using it.

Again, if you want to have anyone invited into your groups, that's fine. No one is going to be upset with you about that.
12/30/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Dormie
12/30/2017 03:37 PMPosted by Verbatim

You're wrong. Deal with it.

Okay, so what are you going to do about it if you feel that way? You aren't getting an invite no matter what so what is your next move?
I believe you have the right to decide who you want to group with. It's your money, your time, how you spend it is your choice, your right.

The add-on itself as a metric to determine a "players" skill or competency in any form is obviously untrue since the skewed nature by which the add-on collects and uses that data, and the incomplete data pool it draws from does not allow its scaled assessment to tell you anything legitimately about the player other than the player primarily runs with geared pre-made vs pug, more than likely modifies their in game play to fit the add-ons requisites to gain ranking.

If that is what you want to use as a determinate for who you group with that is your right.
As a meaningful measurement of an individual in any context of other than who they normally group with, its programming is flawed and data pool insufficient.