Problems with PVP Server Removal

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
01/09/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Säyä
01/09/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Diro
All the more reason to set aside a true 24/7 PvP server experience that can't be mucked with. If players want to PvE/PvP toggle, fine, give that to them, but just like RP players are getting their own segregated server, so to do open world pvp players want our own server where togglers are not a part of the experience.

thats kinda what they are doing.

You will actually have more players to PVP with than fewer, how is it a bad thing? Do you not understand how sharding works?
diro doesn't want it that way,he wants a pvp server u cannot toggle from,he wants people not to have choices,its 2018 not 2004,but he is still trapped in the 2004 ruleset like many other people
01/09/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Skymane
diro doesn't want it that way,he wants a pvp server u cannot toggle from,he wants people not to have choices,its 2018 not 2004,but he is still trapped in the 2004 ruleset like many other people

No sounds like he wants to fly around outside of stormwind / orgrimmar and down level 10 people as they run out into the world.
01/09/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Ecduzzitt
That you do not understand why is irrelevant to the conversation.

Oh, we understand. You want all those bad PvPing PvE players hanging around 24/7 so you can harass them and interrupt their herb farming and WQs.

The thought that you'll instead be stuck 24/7 with real PvPers who will very likely wipe the floor with you scares you to death.

Oh no. Not the real PVPers. Anything but that.
You will actually have more players to PVP with than fewer, how is it a bad thing? Do you not understand how sharding works?

Its a bad thing because the majority of those players will be weekend warriors who don't actually play the game with their toggle on. They will just be there for the PvP. That fact destroys the very paradigm of open world PvP.
01/09/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Säyä
No sounds like he wants to fly around outside of stormwind / orgrimmar and down level 10 people as they run out into the world.

Yeah, I bet he sits in Northshire Abbey all day and kills level 1s as they spawn in.
01/09/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Skymane

thats kinda what they are doing.

Why does this keep being said when it's not at all true. YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE YOU MAKE IT WHEN YOU ROLL YOUR CHARACTER.

Do you guys make hardcore characters in Diablo3 and then cry to blizzard that you shouldn't lose your character when it dies? That's what you are doing right now.
01/09/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Frostchi
01/09/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Destroyer
Even Blizzard is jumping on the PC/Liberal/Safe Space, everyone is equal, band wagon. lol

I would have been ok with them carving out a small sanctuary bubble space in each zone for people to have their safe space

but blizzard went nuclear and removed pvp servers

rip :(

If PvP realm are really popular for the world PvP that supposedly happen on them, you will encounter tons of people flagged for PvP and still get to do it. If you do not encounter tons of people flagged, then it will mean world PvP was never popular anyway and that make this change a good decision anyway.

All your outrage at his change is essentially being mad because blizz decide every character on every realm would not have options instead of being locked in one rule set for their realm. If I feel like doing world PvP like when I played on US-Executus back in the days, I will flag up and try my best at doing world PvP. If I don't feel like it, I will not flag for it and just enjoy the game in a different way.

If you were on PvP server specifically for the world PvP, just flag up and be done with it. It's as easy as that. As a bonus, you now get to interact with people who like the same thing as you instead of people who might be on a PvP realm for different reasons. Especially if their character are old and the new friend options for doing a lot of stuff cross realm didn't exist when they started that character.
01/09/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Vampiriç
01/09/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Säyä

Yeah, I bet he sits in Northshire Abbey all day and kills level 1s as they spawn in.

You do know that this isn't possible, even on PvP servers, right? No. you don't know. because you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Yet you keep on talking about it as if you do.

Why?
01/09/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Diro

Its a bad thing because the majority of those players will be weekend warriors who don't actually play the game with their toggle on. They will just be there for the PvP. That fact destroys the very paradigm of open world PvP.

How does it destroy it?

Are you suggesting there's more of a dynamic to open world PVP and PVP servers than what meets the eye? But... Ion said different! What about the r00lz! Ion would never lie to me. Except when he said Legion would have great class reworks.
01/09/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Stabnslash
If PvP realm are really popular for the world PvP that supposedly happen on them, you will encounter tons of people flagged for PvP and still get to do it.

Open world PvP isn't about PvP 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE YOU MAKE IT WHEN YOU ROLL YOUR CHARACTER.

When I started playing, I wanted to play with my friends so my choice was US-Executus or GTFO. Back then, there were no cross realm anything so a few of my character have been created on that PvP realm because god forbid I want to play the damn MMO game with my RL friends. While transfers are cross realm are options, not everything can be done cross realm and not everyone can afford a transaction history of transfers long enough to need to scroll like mine ended up being.
01/09/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Vampiriç

Are you suggesting there's more of a dynamic to open world PVP and PVP servers than what meets the eye? But... Ion said different! What about the r00lz! Ion would never lie to me. Except when he said Legion would have great class reworks.

Indeed.

Then admit it, you just wanna fly around as 110 and down level 10 people because that is open world PVP to you.

Your afraid there wont be as many low players to grief because of this change amiright?

This change should boost people playing PVP because it will essentially group everone flagged into PVP in region Hellfire Peninsula on one bigger instance compared to now where you have smaller instances where it might be 10 minutes before you cross a player to pvp.
01/09/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Stabnslash
YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE YOU MAKE IT WHEN YOU ROLL YOUR CHARACTER.

When I started playing, I wanted to play with my friends so my choice was US-Executus or GTFO. Back then, there were no cross realm anything so a few of my character have been created on that PvP realm because god forbid I want to play the damn MMO game with my RL friends. While transfers are cross realm are options, not everything can be done cross realm and not everyone can afford a transaction history of transfers long enough to need to scroll like mine ended up being.

Do you log into Overwatch to play with your friends but then get mad when you get killed thinking that you were only there to hang out and shot environmental props?
01/09/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Ecduzzitt
That you do not understand why is irrelevant to the conversation.

Oh, we understand. You want all those bad PvPing PvE players hanging around 24/7 so you can harass them and interrupt their herb farming and WQs.

The thought that you'll instead be stuck 24/7 with real PvPers who will very likely wipe the floor with you scares you to death.

"Real PvPers"

I see this getting thrown around a lot. What even is this?
01/09/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Diro
You do know that this isn't possible, even on PvP servers, right? No. you don't know. because you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Yet you keep on talking about it as if you do.

Why?

Stack more intellect.
01/09/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Diro
01/09/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Stabnslash
If PvP realm are really popular for the world PvP that supposedly happen on them, you will encounter tons of people flagged for PvP and still get to do it.

Open world PvP isn't about PvP 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What is it about then that you won't be able to get by being flagged when you want to get some?
Real PVPers are PVPers that will run up to you, BTag add you, /bow, ask for your consent to PVP, /bow again, maybe throw in a /wave, and depending upon your answer will either mount up and run off or walk ten paces left and do a /ready before doing a /bow and proceed to PVP. They will also not use any CC or major cooldowns. And they will also /bow.

Those are real PVPers, the likes of which sadistic ganking Ted Bundys could NEVER understand. Gankers.
01/09/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Säyä
Then admit it, you just wanna fly around as 110 and down level 10 people because that is open world PVP to you.

Why would I admit that when it's not the case?

And where did you got this idea that world pvp was about PKing lowbies from?

I play a lot of lowbies and I'm very rarely randomly PK'd out in the world when I'm actually paying attention to my suroundings.

Do you get this insane when a world boss stumbles onto your lowbie, killing them, when you weren't paying attention?