Problems with PVP Server Removal

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
01/09/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Stabnslash

When I started playing, I wanted to play with my friends so my choice was US-Executus or GTFO. Back then, there were no cross realm anything so a few of my character have been created on that PvP realm because god forbid I want to play the damn MMO game with my RL friends. While transfers are cross realm are options, not everything can be done cross realm and not everyone can afford a transaction history of transfers long enough to need to scroll like mine ended up being.

Do you log into Overwatch to play with your friends but then get mad when you get killed thinking that you were only there to hang out and shot environmental props?

No because that is not the game for it. There is a world fo difference between Overwatch and WoW. What you can and can't do in each game is not linked. Definitely not in a discussion about PvP realms.
01/09/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Vampiriç
Real PVPers are PVPers that will run up to you, BTag add you, /bow, ask for your consent to PVP, /bow again, maybe throw in a /wave, and depending upon your answer will either mount up and run off or walk ten paces left and do a /ready before doing a /bow and proceed to PVP. They will also not use any CC or major cooldowns. And they will also /bow.

Those are real PVPers, the likes of which sadistic ganking Ted Bundys could NEVER understand. Gankers.

Okay this is funny

xD
01/09/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Vampiriç
Real PVPers are PVPers that will run up to you, BTag add you, /bow, ask for your consent to PVP, /bow again, maybe throw in a /wave, and depending upon your answer will either mount up and run off or walk ten paces left and do a /ready before doing a /bow and proceed to PVP. They will also not use any CC or major cooldowns. And they will also /bow.

Those are real PVPers, the likes of which sadistic ganking Ted Bundys could NEVER understand. Gankers.

Believe it or not this happens more often than getting randomly PK'd as a lowbie by some high level player on PvP servers. I often /salute the dead and offer either a /mourn, /charge, or /roar after the battle. Who would have thought.

Do you log into Overwatch to play with your friends but then get mad when you get killed thinking that you were only there to hang out and shot environmental props?

No because that is not the game for it. There is a world fo difference between Overwatch and WoW. What you can and can't do in each game is not linked. Definitely not in a discussion about PvP realms.

Neither is a PvP server the game for it. Yet you still think it's okay to do this regarding PvP servers.

Do you join Battleground or Arena Queues to check out the scenery and then get all pissy when you die to enemy fire? I bet you do.
01/09/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Diro
Why would I admit that when it's not the case?

And where did you got this idea that world pvp was about PKing lowbies from?

I play a lot of lowbies and I'm very rarely randomly PK'd out in the world when I'm actually paying attention to my suroundings.

Do you get this insane when a world boss stumbles onto your lowbie, killing them, when you weren't paying attention?

No but your getting rattled by a change that could be good.

More players in a zone that want to pvp is a good thing, but you seem to want less people in a zone that or you are upset because a select few maybe 5% of the playerbase might choose to have PVP turned off while they quest a mob. Put it this way simple math currently if your on a crz say 100 in Hellfire peninsula are there on a PVP server so you can fight them.

This new setting with Hellfire peninsula might have 500 people there now to PVP.

How is 400 more people in X zone bad for World PVP?
01/09/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Diro

Do you gather herbs or do daily quests or raids or other pve activites in Overwatch?
01/09/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Diro

Neither is a PvP server the game for it. Yet you still think it's okay to do this regarding PvP servers.

Do you join Battleground or Arena Queues to check out the scenery and then get all pissy when you die to enemy fire? I bet you do.

A game that is in part designed to have fun with your friends is not the place to have fun with your friends?
the main reason this is happening is because they do not want to lower the quantity of available servers by merging them to fix server balance.

Lowering the amount of servers (which i think they should do by at least half) would look terrible to shareholders and would be all over gaming news websites.

This is their compromise.
Yeah, World of WARCRAFT is NOT the game for engaging in PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER combat. Even though they added it in and its always been a thing since release. But because this is my first and last MMO, I can tell you ALL ABOUT what they all encompass no matter what.

Do you know who I am? I'm Commander of the Alliance, wielder of the Dreadblades, Devourer, and Kingslayers, I have defeated the Qiraji and the forces of the Old Gods and stopped the Scourge as well the Cataclysm. I put an end to the Iron Horde and thwarted the Legion numerous times as well as defeated them on their very own planet. I am a decorated member of the Uncrowned, recognized the world over as a Shadowblade and if that's not enough for you then ask me to run by NPCs in my Garrison so you can watch them all swear fealty and salute me without hesitation.

I can't AFFORD to die. And if I do? Doesn't count, buddy. Doesn't count. I'm the best. The game told me so. I am the Chosen One here, Diro, and you and your gankers that stay up all night watching slasher films aren't stopping me anymore. Even though I don't even play on your server. But I can tell you all about your server anyways because I know more than you.

No I don't because I have no reason to do so. On the other hand, I had reasons to create my first character on a PvP realms years ago. Namely, playing this multiplayer game with my RL friends. There were no way around that back in the days except not play. Now, blizz decided "not play" would not be the only option in a case like that. You will be able to create your character on any realm where your friends play and enjoy the game however you want.

What's so terrible about blizzard giving it's customers more options that don't involve being on different realm/not playing since those come with limitations to what you can do with your friends?
01/09/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Diro
01/09/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Skymane
... diro doesn't want it that way,he wants a pvp server u cannot toggle from,he wants people not to have choices,its 2018 not 2004,but he is still trapped in the 2004 ruleset like many other people

Why does this keep being said when it's not at all true. YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE YOU MAKE IT WHEN YOU ROLL YOUR CHARACTER.

Do you guys make hardcore characters in Diablo3 and then cry to blizzard that you shouldn't lose your character when it dies? That's what you are doing right now.
and yet people DONT, your not a raider.....if there is a raiding guild on a pvp server you don't have a choice,its either join that server or look for another,and its even worse if said guild is a top 10-top 20 guild at that,but u still don't care....you care about nothing but pvp and forget about anyone else's feelings.

your so stuck in the past you don't realize that if kept stagnant,your "pvp server" will wither and die until there is no one left but you,and 10 other of your "pvp friends" that u will run off everyone else,your server will plummet into a ghost town and then u will complain"my server is dead merge it!" then u will have no one to blame but yourself because instead of embracing change,u wanted to keep it stagnanet,u wanted to watch your way of life wither and die until blizzard has no choice but to either merge it and u lose what little server identity u had left,or force everyone to transfer to another server NOT FOR FREE, and close that one down, because its the playerbase that caused that issue, like it was the playerbase that caused this entire mess now. for the first time ever they are actually trying to fix the mess that pvpers caused,and u want your way of life to completely die out
01/09/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Vampiriç
01/09/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Sillidan
pvp servers have changed a lot over 13 years and blizzard feels its time to give people a free transfer off. i was fine with wpvp until we had crz, now things have changed drastically and it fair to give us a way out without paying hundreds of dollars because of some decision we made 13 years ago when things were vastly different

I notice you're playing on a PVP server. If you have hundreds of dollars worth of characters on a type of server you apparently hate then why would you keep rolling on that?

And before Blizzcon 2017, can you recall any number of topics which had people complaining about PVP servers to the point of wanting them to be what Blizzard is turning them into?

This "the ruleset doesn't make sense" is the class fantasy pitch all over, but this time it's for servers.

01/09/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Sillidan
if you want pvp then flag up for it. i have zero sympathy for those that dont want to give people a chance to opt out of what could be a gank fest

I have zero sympathy for people that can't take getting killed in a video game when they rolled on a server where that was always a possibility.

i had 9 characters here before crz

i could have rolled this demon hunter else where, but then i wouldnt be able to trade anything between them. i still play the old characters too
01/09/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Vampiriç
Even though I don't even play on your server. But I can tell you all about your server anyways because I know more than you.

I mean, I did mention I had characters on PvP servers so I know what it is about. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt... Blizz is giving em options and now people are being mad about it. Why? That's what I don't understand. Everyone who like world PvP will be able to be flagged as often as they wish so they can get the experience without having to be on a specific set of realms and people who don't want to world PvP will be able to get that also without having to be on a specific realm set.

I mean, I don't think it's all about the "fun" of ganking lowbies so I scratch that up front from the reason why people would be against this. What else? No more easy target to kill because there won't be as many flagged people who are awfull at PvP but managed to be on a PvP realm for whatever reasons? Potential lack of target because you expect people to not flag up? If not, then why?
01/09/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Sphinctus
the main reason this is happening is because they do not want to lower the quantity of available servers by merging them to fix server balance.

Lowering the amount of servers (which i think they should do by at least half) would look terrible to shareholders and would be all over gaming news websites.

pretty much. sure they could have kept the same rules we have now and given out free transfers to make people like me happy

that would almost surely result in my realm- nazjatar becoming a ghost town over night. a dead server is a waste of money for blizzard, and they seem to go to great lengths to do anything besides shutting a server down
01/09/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Sillidan

pretty much. sure they could have kept the same rules we have now and given out free transfers to make people like me happy

that would almost surely result in my realm- nazjatar becoming a ghost town over night. a dead server is a waste of money for blizzard, and they seem to go to great lengths to do anything besides shutting a server down
tere's also lots of people who enjoy the low pop servers as well,and also people who don't want to lose their names because merging servers your char name is the first to go,and for a lot of people that would be the straw that broke the camels back,losing their server they have been on for years,and their char name i'd imagine there would be a lot of people quitting over it
01/09/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Sillidan

You also can't !@#$ up the transfer if nobody has to transfer... It usually goes pretty well but I'd guess they don't want to risk the added load on whatever infrastructure has to handle such request.
01/09/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Greedydots
Even though I don't even play on your server. But I can tell you all about your server anyways because I know more than you.

I mean, I did mention I had characters on PvP servers so I know what it is about. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt... Blizz is giving em options and now people are being mad about it. Why? That's what I don't understand. Everyone who like world PvP will be able to be flagged as often as they wish so they can get the experience without having to be on a specific set of realms and people who don't want to world PvP will be able to get that also without having to be on a specific realm set.

I mean, I don't think it's all about the "fun" of ganking lowbies so I scratch that up front from the reason why people would be against this. What else? No more easy target to kill because there won't be as many flagged people who are awfull at PvP but managed to be on a PvP realm for whatever reasons? Potential lack of target because you expect people to not flag up? If not, then why?

All I could do is wonder why you're a big green fireball, I'm sorry. I'm fascinated by this.
Yeah, World of WARCRAFT is NOT the game for engaging in PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER combat.

we are at war with the legion
01/09/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Keene
01/09/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Diro

Do you gather herbs or do daily quests or raids or other pve activites in Overwatch?

If it was part of the gameplay I would. Why do you think that gathering or doing daily quests/raids/or other pve activities would somehow negate the fact that you are on a PVP server?

All of those things are still part of Open World PvP. In fact, without them, Open World PvP doesn't actually exist.