Different game or different server

Classic Discussion
Hey there folks. There is something that as been bugging me and I haven't found info about:
Are they gonna introduce WoW Classic as new servers within the current game OR are they going to add a new game to the launcher?

If they haven't said anything about it yet, which one of these options do you think they would go?

Pros and cons for each?
We don't know. It's linked really with the question of 'what payment structure will they use' and without knowing that, we have no basis to guess.
Diff game obviously.

Different graphics.
Vanilla login screen/music.
PVP/PVE/RP etc realms.
12/26/2017 09:36 PMPosted by Zon
Hey there folks. There is something that as been bugging me and I haven't found info about:
Are they gonna introduce WoW Classic as new servers within the current game OR are they going to add a new game to the launcher?

If they haven't said anything about it yet, which one of these options do you think they would go?

Pros and cons for each?

I THINK they will go with a mixed structure. The game will reconnect to the appropriate server/hardware and change the settings on the fly. They will hope that people who get bored of classic will bleed over into retail and keep paying.

Having a whole separate game is kind of like a grocery store putting the chip stand out in the parking lot. People buy the chips there and go home, instead of buying the chips and then seeing the chip dip stand a couple feet away and saying "oh man I should buy some chip dip too"

My question to you is this: What is your favorite kind of chip dip? I'm a big fan of french onion.
During the announcement they said, and I quote, "a WoW: Classic server option".
I don't know why this is still being debated.
To me it seems more logical for them to go with it as a separate game. That way if Classic does prove profitable, they can then apply expansion servers into Classic. So like having servers for Vanilla, TBC, and so forth under the Classic Launcher. Pay structure is to still be disputed even with this approach. Though I continue to stand by that they should be separate subs with the possibility of a bundle sub option.
12/26/2017 09:44 PMPosted by Taelus
"a WoW: Classic server option"
"a WoW: Classic server option in a new launcher"
"a WoW: Classic server option in the current launcher"
"a WoW: Classic server option in Overwatch"

They only said the first quote, anything else is just assumption. Servers don't have to be tied to just live. It just literally means that servers will run Vanilla which gives players an option to play it.
It's probably going to be a different game on the launcher. I don't know how they would manage the files otherwise.
12/26/2017 09:58 PMPosted by Hushups
It's probably going to be a different game on the launcher. I don't know how they would manage the files otherwise.

That's what I thougth as well. After that comes the sub question: Will it be a feature of current WoW sub or will it be a different sub?

Because it's ambiguous.
12/26/2017 10:38 PMPosted by Scribbly

Because it's ambiguous.

Tbh, everything around Classic WoW is ambiguous so far.
12/26/2017 10:41 PMPosted by Zon
12/26/2017 10:38 PMPosted by Scribbly

Because it's ambiguous.

Tbh, everything around Classic WoW is ambiguous so far.
Well not everything. We know it will be Vanilla and that there will not be LFG/D/R, Flying, nor Cross-Realm. But talk about pretty slim subjects in such a massive game XD
I'm hoping for a different game completely, i don't care if its on the Bnet client. No reason why it would not be honestly. They use the Bnet client for security reasons as well as making patching/information delivery easier.

I am waiting to see if Bnet IM is going to be a thing. I hope not.
12/26/2017 10:32 PMPosted by Zon
12/26/2017 09:58 PMPosted by Hushups

That's what I thougth as well. After that comes the sub question: Will it be a feature of current WoW sub or will it be a different sub?

I think one sub will cover everything as it's more inclusive that way. Blizzard wants Blizzard players playing Blizzard games, but only time will tell. There are pros and cons to each payment option. It'll be interesting to see which they choose.
i would prefer to double click a .exe file than to use the app
One launcher with a classic server option.