Druids sucked in classic.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
06/18/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Tuathaa

Awesome! Get the rest of the Brandolini's Law clowns posting in this thread to main Druids on the Classic Servers, too... The more gimpy druids running around the better!

I will do what I can but just remeber to lets us know when where and who.
I am not saying they are the best thing since sliced bread but the could hold their own in competent hands and if they get the jump on you, your gonna have your hands full.
I personally can't speak for the ability of others but there are a few floating around you may not appreciate and I will not be responsible for the psychological damage incurred by repetitive bear tbagging

And if I 'get the jump' on you, you will be dead in about 4 seconds. I'm okay with this arrangement.
06/18/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Sylee
<span class="truncated">...</span>
So what I got from that was using bombs in duels when the other person doesn't (people will defend this) and stacking shadow resist, then uploading the video of the times you won?

oh wait you were hoping for modern wow pvp where no engineering work for pvp? no grenades or reflectors ?
next you will complain about wlocks spamming fear with no dr and just killing you with drainlife
i dont think vanilla pvp is for you

Because in vanilla only you and no one else can use engineering. Right.

Might as well just say the solution to beating locks in T2 is to get T3. If you don't vanilla isn't for you.

I will do what I can but just remeber to lets us know when where and who.
I am not saying they are the best thing since sliced bread but the could hold their own in competent hands and if they get the jump on you, your gonna have your hands full.
I personally can't speak for the ability of others but there are a few floating around you may not appreciate and I will not be responsible for the psychological damage incurred by repetitive bear tbagging

And if I 'get the jump' on you, you will be dead in about 4 seconds. I'm okay with this arrangement.

Your not taking down a competent feral in 4 sec.
But its your story.
06/18/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Tuathaa

But its your story.

Ya, you're right... probably about 3 seconds...
06/18/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Tuathaa

But its your story.

Don’t confuse him. He thinks he’s just gonna roll his favorite “op” class and suddenly have the skill of a rank 1 glad and easily curb stomp what he sees as gimped classes no matter who’s playing them. I doubt he makes it past level 30

But its your story.

Don’t confuse him. He thinks he’s just gonna roll his favorite “op” class and suddenly have the skill of a rank 1 glad and easily curb stomp what he sees as gimped classes no matter who’s playing them. I doubt he makes it past level 30

o look, it's the troll who keeps insisting that Druids were an AMAZING PVP CLASS …. but for some odd reason has no plans to main a Druid when the Classic Servers drop... He's very convincing...
06/18/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Harland
06/18/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Tuathaa

You betcha make sure you roll alliance and let us know which pvp server your on.

You have been mindlessly mashing buttons far to long on current retail to take seriously.

Beat me too it; If he posts what server he's gonna play Ill roll the opposite faction just to camp him with my favorite balance build.

I missed classic and will be maining a druid this time, for better or worse. What's your favorite balance build?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

o look, it's the troll who keeps insisting that Druids were an AMAZING PVP CLASS …. but for some odd reason has no plans to main a Druid when the Classic Servers drop... He's very convincing...

Sure I do. I’m currently playing a Druid on lights hope and am debating maining a Druid or spriest on fresh and classic. Druids are hands down the best flag carriers. They are great base sitters. A good Druid is next to impossible to kill if he decides he wants to run and they are very strong In 1 v 1. They just have a very high skill cap compared to other classes. Nothing I’m saying hasn’t already been said by many active pvpers
06/18/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Picklewagon

Sure I do. I’m currently playing a Druid on lights hope and am debating maining a Druid or spriest on fresh and classic. Druids are hands down the best flag carriers. They are great base sitters. A good Druid is next to impossible to kill if he decides he wants to run and they are very strong In 1 v 1. They just have a very high skill cap compared to other classes. Nothing I’m saying hasn’t already been said by many active pvpers

cool story... don't forget to wear your wolf's head helm...
06/18/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Hotpockits

Druids are very good at pvp, in classic.

Druids are very good at pvp, in classic.

Classic example of a Brandolini's Law statement, right there folks...
Feral Druid was best 1v1 class in 1.12
06/17/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Hotpockits
So a hunter's flair is now considered 'CC'? And a warrior with improved hamstring now has endless, spamable 'CC' now? Warriors will be so stoked to hear that they are 'CC' gods in Vanilla now. They are going to be so happy.

CC means crowd control, so spamming hamstring to a running target is controlling them, just as using flair limits the radius a stealth player can move from.
Kinda sad you didn't know what CC means.

06/18/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Hotpockits

Right back at you
Up front: No they didn't suck. There were bad players in every class. Any class could be great given a good player behind it.

Maybe I'm just one of those who was a good player who happened to play druid, rather than sub-par player who wanted to be a druid.

As a classic Druid PvE healer, I did not suck. I just got stove-piped for raids as a healer, and I was OK with that. I was consistently at the top of or near the healing charts. I had a combat rez and innervate. They didn't define me as a healer, they supplemented my already great ability to heal. Once everyone got their goodies and farming happened, then I'd start getting drops for the other trees of druid. I was OK with that too.

In PvP I was the go-to flag carrier for my server. I had endless invites. It was fun and enjoyable and well it was different. But when I went back to raids...healing.

I enjoyed both, they had a place. Hell, we even had a druid successfully tank MC...in Vanilla. You read that right.

My one slight at the Vanilla community was they almost never thought outside of the box, and the developers were happy to continue to build that steel box without a way to think outside of it. It wasn't until TBC when they opened up the box. But this is classic, so I'm happy with the box they built back then.
06/18/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Lifesihponer
06/17/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Hotpockits
So a hunter's flair is now considered 'CC'? And a warrior with improved hamstring now has endless, spamable 'CC' now? Warriors will be so stoked to hear that they are 'CC' gods in Vanilla now. They are going to be so happy.

CC means crowd control, so spamming hamstring to a running target is controlling them, just as using flair limits the radius a stealth player can move from.

06/18/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Hotpockits

Right back at you

Can't wait for kids like this guy to play Vanilla... I can see it now... The call goes out in Orgrimar on chat 'LBRS group ready to go... just need one more, CC only' and he responds 'inv pls'... He joins the group only to have the group leader say 'We said we needed a CCer, bro... you're a warrior' and he will respond 'Warriors have spamable hamstring, Bra... we're CC monsters!'.... It's going to be all kinds of hilarity...
06/18/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Shaulas
06/18/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Harland

Beat me too it; If he posts what server he's gonna play Ill roll the opposite faction just to camp him with my favorite balance build.

I missed classic and will be maining a druid this time, for better or worse. What's your favorite balance build?

30-11-10 was my favorite because it gives you all the needed tools to play what I consider a druid by definition of WoW lore.
06/18/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Hotpockits
06/18/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Lifesihponer

Right back at you

Can't wait for kids like this guy to play Vanilla... I can see it now... The call goes out in Orgrimar on chat 'LBRS group ready to go... just need one more, CC only' and he responds 'inv pls'... He joins the group only to have the group leader say 'We said we needed a CCer, bro... you're a warrior' and he will respond 'Warriors have spamable hamstring, Bra... we're CC monsters!'.... It's going to be all kinds of hilarity...

We asked for specific classes, never did I ever see any one noob it up so bad that they asked for CC.

In pvp? Lol. Sure are opinionated on a class you seem to know so little about
06/18/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Harland
06/18/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Hotpockits

We asked for specific classes, never did I ever see any one noob it up so bad that they asked for CC.

lol people asked for 'CC only' all the time in vanilla... it was third most 'in demand' role after tank and heals.... Guess you missed that...
06/18/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Picklewagon

In pvp? Lol. Sure are opinionated on a class you seem to know so little about

Look kids, a textbook example of a Brandolini's Law reply! Cool beans, huh?