PTR Development Notes - Build 25807

7.3.5 PTR General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
Hi all!

Today's PTR update includes a new method for acquiring Legendary items: the Purified Titan Essence. This item can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran in exchange for 175 Wakening Essences.

When used, the Purified Titan Essence will immediately grant a Legion Legendary item appropriate for your specialization. Note that this item is bind on pickup, and that the Legendary item granted by the Purified Titan Essence does not affect your chance to earn a Legendary through other methods.

Additionally, the Awoken Titan Essence used to upgrade Legendary items to item level 1000 is now sold by Arcanomancer Vridiel as a vendor item, rather than as a quest reward, for the same total cost (50 Wakening Essences). The quest will no longer be offered, but can be turned in if your character already has it active.
So wait.

Does this mean that you no longer need the quest to get the Essence or?
You still can't target legendaries, but this is at least a step in the right direction. Would be great if the Purified Titan Essences could be BoA though.
what about the people that upgraded all their legos and dont have the quest anymore. Also will we be able to sell back Awoken Titan Essences for 50 wakening essences each?
So I cannot farm the wakening essence for legendaries because I started late and don't have legendaries to upgrade but someone who needs to upgrade one can farm early?
Sigh.

I understand it is going to be useful for those people looking to acquire all of the Legendary items for their class. I can understand the desire to get them all. But at a rate of 35 Emissary quests to complete, or 35 Raid bosses, at least at LFR level, I do not know what the rate of return is for higher level raid bosses, to put in that much time and effort for a RNG based reward that granted will reward you 1 of the items you do not currently have, seems like it would be very punishing for some that are still looking to get that 1 best in slot Legendary piece. Were you to add in a Vendor that sold specific ones for a higher cost, say 250, I think perhaps there may be more favorable feeling.

On me this additional feature is completely lost. I have 5 I believe, I have the 2 that feel like they are the best for me, I have no interest in getting the rest of the pieces considering that by the end of the year they will have no value at all to me, and honestly I feel that in the amount of time that it would take me to get the Essence to purchase a chance at one, I would have gotten one from a RNG drop
PogChamp
So wakening essence will now be a permanent currency?
01/05/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Chrycokezero
what about the people that upgraded all their legos and dont have the quest anymore. Also will we be able to sell back Awoken Titan Essences for 50 wakening essences each?

^

You really should let us sell them for 50 essences/enable a hotfix RIGHT NOW for people who are capped cuz now I'm afraid to upgrade my last one.

Also wow, how was this NOT introduced sooner? This really should have been a thing from the start of the expansion.
Oh hey it's that system everyone told you to use in 7.1 that would have totally made sense but instead was saved as a sub retention gimmick as we slog though another 9 months of the last raid tier.
Is the currency going to reset? or theoretically could people be stocking up on essences now? Cause I just finished upgrading all my lego's to 1k and the essence no longer drops for me. Where my friend has not finished upgrading them all yet and can still get essences. This seems unfair to those who cannot get essences right now because they already finished upgrading.
01/05/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Frozenclaws
01/05/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Chrycokezero

^

You really should let us sell them for 50 essences/enable a hotfix RIGHT NOW for people who are capped cuz now I'm afraid to upgrade my last one.

Also wow, how was this NOT introduced sooner? This really should have been a thing from the start of the expansion.

You do realize that 7.3.5 is still on the PTR for a bit, right? You guys have plenty of time to start saving essences from this point on.
01/05/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Gilbertt
01/05/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Frozenclaws

^

You do realize that 7.3.5 is still on the PTR for a bit, right? You guys have plenty of time to start saving essences from this point on.

how can we save them if we dont have the quest to get them anymore? thats the point i was trying to make.
I feel like this requires a look at what limitations there are in acquiring Wakening Essence on live. Folks who can't get the quest because they've upgraded all of their existing legendaries can't farm essences, but if you're on the quest currently, you CAN farm them in advance of 7.3.5 and just not turn in the quest.

I can understand taking the stance of "we don't want people to farm essences and get a ton of leggos when 7.3.5 patches" but in that case something needs to be done about that on live.

Personally, I'm in the ballpark of "let folks farm essences" because that gets more players playing RIGHT MEOW.
jesus christ, the gibs me dat are never happy.
Lol@ all the complaining. Whether it should have come sooner is irrelevant, this is a good change.
What about those who can't get the quest for various reasons and can't stock up on Essences now? Those are mostly likely to be toons with low playtime and need the ability to buy legendaries even more.
edited because typing is hard
01/05/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Zosima
What about those who can't get the quest for various reasons and can't stock up on Essences now? Those are mostly likely the be toons with low playtime and need the ability to buy specific legendaries even more.
And in the rare cases of someone having all leggos for their class, can they still obtain essences in order to get a random leggo for another class?
01/05/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Crowlight
I feel like this requires a look at what limitations there are in acquiring Wakening Essence on live. Folks who can't get the quest because they've upgraded all of their existing legendaries can't farm essences, but if you're on the quest currently, you CAN farm them in advance of 7.3.5 and just not turn in the quest.

I can understand taking the stance of "we don't want people to farm essences and get a ton of leggos when 7.3.5 patches" but in that case something needs to be done about that on live.

Personally, I'm in the ballpark of "let folks farm essences" because that gets more players playing RIGHT MEOW.

I just caught wind of this through some friends of mine. They currently have over 200 wakening essence while i'm sitting at 10 because I can no longer accept the quest from Arcanomancer Vridiel. I agree with everything you said Crowlight and hope to see a change soon or at the very lease some kind of clarification as to what the situation is going to be with wakening essences.