05/21/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Tiberìus
parses are literally the only reason to play this game

if you can't strive for rank 1 parses, what r u playing for
Fun.

Rank 1 parses are fun

Checkmate
05/21/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Wariya
05/21/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Teranin
There are a couple of reasons why a thread may get extended.

One, because the topic might actually be interesting to see material on... or two, a concept known as 'quarantine'.

Yeah lets keeping bumping for entertainment purpose

BUMP*
I kinda wanna keep it bumped just to see how far the post cap got pushed back.

Shouldn't take too long to see if it goes past 1000.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Fun.

Rank 1 parses are fun

Checkmate
For u i do other things ingame i like to mutitask only raiding is boring.thats my fun.I already play games on hardmode on other games dont need that crap here.
05/21/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Rastlin
05/21/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Buttergleam
Lol this thread is still going.

People want to look at your logs to gauge your performance just like colleges want to see your transcripts and accomplishments before acceptance.

Most guilds work the same way.

... Kids these days...

No.

This is a game. The fact that you have to apply and have transcripts like a job or college is the problem.

I encourage everyone to go to wowlogs and make your settings private.

We can end the tyranny of logs if enough of us do this.

XD
You'll guarantee that no guild above rank 1000 will accept you, good job.

Here's the thing. Not everybody wants to play like you. Some people want to kill bosses, they have fun beating bosses as fast as possible. People with purple to orange parses are 95% of the time better than people with grey to green parses. I would never in my days recruit someone like you, someone who says "Oh it's just a game!" when they single handedly make a group of 19 other people spend hours to days longer on a boss because you can't handle the mechanics and dps adequately at the same time.

It is not FUN to play with people like YOU when your goal is to beat the highest difficulty in the game. At least own up to being bad, it's perfectly fine, I used to be bad, but I was never so entitled as to say It's the guild's fault for not accepting me because I didn't have logs to prove to them that I was worth their time.

If you're going to join an organized sports team over the age of 16, you need to have the stats to back up your skill, you need to have grown up on the sport and be decent at it. It is not fun playing with someone who is total deadweight. It's exhausting. You're being so self righteous that it's almost sickening
I’m not sure how much I subscribe to the idea that parses are private information. It’s similar to an MLB player’s batting average. That’s not private data, it’s simply an observation of their performance in a public space. Same way with raids. When you go into a raid you’re going into a public space and it’s not unreasonable to assume that someone in the group is recording the event. Logs aren’t really your data so much as they are a record of facts that you happened to generate. It’s not like I can use them to tell anything about you as a person and there’s certainly no way I can use it to tie your in-game avatar to your actual personage.

But people have a vested interest in knowing your performance. When baseball teams are signing on players they want to get the best ones. When guilds recruit for their raid team they want the best raiders. So I don’t think we should get rid of logs since group leaders should be able to curate their groups based on performance criteria, especially if they’re tackling hard content. Mythic raids don’t care about your privacy. If your group can’t finish the content because some members can’t perform at the level of rigor required you lose. Plain and simple.

But at the same time I don’t think anyone’s logs should be used as an attack where it’s not relevant. And if you point to situations where that happens I’ll stand with you and fight against it because I don’t think that should happen. That “where it’s relevant” but is key though. While I think it’s fone to listen to a gray parser’s opinion on logs or hard content, I think it’s good to remember their perspective and ask if it’s a raid problem or a them problem.

WoWlogs already has an opt-out system. I think for the sake of privacy the best tactic would be to shift that functionality client-side and simply have that character be recorded as anonymous so there’s no holes in the log. But recognize that setting it as private also means no one is obligated to carry you on faith.

In Rastlin’s case I’m pretty sure the only reason everyone knows his logs despite them being private is because he feels the need to talk about how everything needs to be nerfed and oh by the way his own performance metrics aren’t relevant so everyone goes and finds them just to spite him. In other words if he was less of a troll no one would care.
there is so little endgame content that is enjoyable, what do people who don't endgame raid or pvp even do after the first few months of raid or a new pvp season? farm mats for months? play the auction house? do random battlegrounds and lfg heroics? that all sounds so boring to me but to each their own i suppose.

if i can't go for top parses i don't find this game fun.

even lowish rated pvp was for for a while during wod or mop, but even that i couldn't stay interested in for too long

give me high rated parses or give me a more fun game
Why was this thread necro'd?
05/21/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Revlol

Warcraft is entertainment. So is its forums.

/popcorn
05/21/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Revlol

For fun I assume. Logs don't mean that much honestly unless you are into mythic raiding.

Rank 1 parses are fun

Checkmate
For u i do other things ingame i like to mutitask only raiding is boring.thats my fun.

Congratulations you’ve learned people play this game for different reasons.
I am not a raider etc. and really not to concerned with this kind of stuff.
If the bit of info I have found on the web so far is correct, why not change the .txt log file, write a python script to fudge the numbers then upload. Pump enough false data into the system that it becomes a unreliable source.
Spread the misinformation and move some numbers down for others and up for others. Use a VPN and disposable email addresses for accounts on its site.

Shame that the real world surveillance sickness has spread to a game.
05/21/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Newoopee
I'm not sure you're capable of understanding this, but raiding is a performance-based group activity. Your ability to play the game at a certain level matters, and always will.

That's why he's asking for retuning, hence his 50% Sunday thread XD

I can very well say 50% of the playerbase won't raid heroic maybe even normal for X, Y, Z reasons within a month :)
05/21/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Doormouse
I am not a raider etc. and really not to concerned with this kind of stuff.
If the bit of info I have found on the web so far is correct, why not change the .txt log file, write a python script to fudge the numbers then upload. Pump enough false data into the system that it becomes a unreliable source.
Spread the misinformation and move some numbers down for others and up for others. Use a VPN and disposable email addresses for accounts on its site.

You’d need everyone in your raid group to be on board. Everyone in the raid has their own log file tracking everything in the raid. Corrupting one of those files just corrupts the one. People will just ignore it and look at the uncorrupted version your neighbor uploaded.

how tf does this relate to logs

The thing is the ppl who use it are primarily guilds recruiting players and for those seeking to improve on their class .

There are zero reasons to manipulate. If you do manipulate it can be easily spotted by recruiters due to mismatching data from other raid members

If you are asking for help then why would you manipulate your data?? lmao
i always liked warcraft logs
I got sat halfway through the raid for the first two weeks of EN because I didn't know how to play my class. But, since I only started playing Legion in order to raid, I went and warched video, read guides, and got better.

I tried my hand at tanking in ABT (LFR) and didn't do so hot. I chose to leave the raid because we weren't going to down the boss with me tanking.

A little over a month ago I decied I wanted to try healing. Gray parses. I mean I was flying hot garbage (Hurricainne on Area-52 if you want a good laugh). So, like I did on my Lock, I took advantage of the resources available to me. Warcraftlogs was one of those tools.

If you're not willing to improve for yourself, then so be it. Play the game in a way that you find enjoyable. Keep your logs private and go about your buisness, but please stop asking Blizz to take away a great resource for those of us who want to improve.
<span class="truncated">...</span>For u i do other things ingame i like to mutitask only raiding is boring.thats my fun.

Thats my point people need to mind there own aka making info private is fine.

Thats my point people need to mind there own aka making info private is fine.

Ok, but you can only group with other people who have private logs.