token price = pay to win

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I've notice that tokens are like almost 200k gold now when the token system first launch they sold for 20k but what i don't understand if its meant to detour buying gold from 3rd parties why does it keep going up I've checked on about 5 3rd party websites and you can buy 200k gold for 20-30 bucks now the cost of the token isn't at 200k yet so it is actually cheaper to buy gold from these websites than to buy the token granted you take a chance at the ban patrol....but gold isn't made any where near as easily as it was in warlords and it was way way cheaper then .....i don't want spend a month grinding tryin pay a sub free just so....tom & harry that have better jobs just log in drop 20 bucks get almost 200k in gold buying their way thru raid content i cant even get invites to.. ...idk just kinda rambling thought of the token making there way to pay to win i see mythic runs raid runs in premade group find all the time take gold from ever server.....but it cost loads

-----

Mod edit: Removed foul language.
So what power can you buy with that money exactly?
What? What the heck can I buy with gold to "win" a mmo?
you shouldn't have posted this.
What a stupid post.
take this down it sucks lol
"you have to find active guilds..."

You mean play the game a way it's been played since launch?
01/04/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Disa
raid runs mythic 15+ rated bgs arena they are in the premade list all the time you spend 20 real life get almost 200k give it to these guys they invite you to the group u get loot

I like how everyone single one of you that posts this same thread hinges on this idea, while also forgetting that spending gold on these services Does not guarantee gear. I don't know why that's such a hard concept for people.

On top of that, No one is going to spend 20 dollars every week just to have a chance at getting a single piece of gear off of argus or a 15.

Get over yourself.
For one side, THEY are making the RL money, so that isnt such a bad business.
People could always do this, sometimes just by playing the AH. Who are you to tell people how to use their money and enjoy the game? You can't pay for PVP gear, and even with full mythic Antorus gear if you're a bad player you're not getting through the mage tower.

There is not a single actual argument to be had here.
I can see your point. The thing is, you play this game, and make tons of gold, you can actually buy other games (Overwatch, or Destiny etc.), or buy Blizzard items with those game tokens. Yes, if you have tons of cash, you can buy gold and buy gear from the AH or buy a carry. I have a weird feeling about it, because it is a sub based game. On the other hand, sub price in the U.S. hasn't increased.
01/04/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Disa
but gold isn't made any where near as easily as it was in warlords and it was way way cheaper then

/blink

Say wuh? I make tons of gold off selling mats bought with Blood of Sargeras not to mention the thousands of gold from missions. I've raked in far more gold this expansion than I did in WoD and I've probably been playing less.

Tokens aren't pay to win. You genuinely need to head over to a game that is pay to win to understand.
real life is pay-for-power
why should a game be different
blizzard gets more money then in theory they can fund more development and upkeep of WoW

sorry i felt like deviladvocating
I've notice that tokens are like almost 200k gold now when the token system first launch they sold for 20k but what i don't understand if its meant to detour buying gold from 3rd parties why does it keep going up I've checked on about 5 3rd party websites and you can buy 200k gold for 20-30 bucks now the cost of the token isn't at 200k yet so it is actually cheaper to buy gold from these websites than to buy the token granted you take a chance at the ban patrol....but gold isn't made any where near as easily as it was in warlords and it was way way cheaper then .....i don't want spend a month grinding tryin pay a sub free just so....tom #*%@*@#! & harry that have better jobs just log in drop 20 bucks get almost 200k in gold buying their way thru raid content i cant even get invites to.. ...idk just kinda rambling thought of the token making there way to pay to win i see mythic runs raid runs in premade group find all the time take gold from ever server.....but it cost !@#$ loads

You will always get more gold per dollar from gold farmers than from tokens, because if tokens were more valuable than farmed gold, the farmers would go out of business. Is it worth 20k to not risk getting your account banned for buying gold? It certainly is to me.
WOW tokens has ruined the economy.
but gold isn't made any where near as easily as it was in warlords and it was way way cheaper then

Gold is still easy to get from class halls and other Legion stuff. And the price rose because it can be used for more stuff now.

idk just kinda rambling thought of the token making there way to pay to win i see mythic runs raid runs in premade group find all the time take gold from ever server.....but it cost !@#$ loads

People have been selling runs for gold since long before the token was implemented.

Now go play a game that actually is pay to win before babbling about WoW and gold.
I've notice that tokens are like almost 200k gold now when the token system first launch they sold for 20k but what i don't understand if its meant to detour buying gold from 3rd parties why does it keep going up I've checked on about 5 3rd party websites and you can buy 200k gold for 20-30 bucks now the cost of the token isn't at 200k yet so it is actually cheaper to buy gold from these websites than to buy the token granted you take a chance at the ban patrol....but gold isn't made any where near as easily as it was in warlords and it was way way cheaper then .....i don't want spend a month grinding tryin pay a sub free just so....tom #*%@*@#! & harry that have better jobs just log in drop 20 bucks get almost 200k in gold buying their way thru raid content i cant even get invites to.. ...idk just kinda rambling thought of the token making there way to pay to win i see mythic runs raid runs in premade group find all the time take gold from ever server.....but it cost !@#$ loads

The best gear is BoP, and always will. It is not pay to win.
01/04/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Furieia
So what power can you buy with that money exactly?

Carries.
Better than buying gold from shady wowgold4sale sites. Some people use tokens to pay for subscription. Others, like myself, use them to buy account items like heirlooms and mounts. Wow Tokens are a good thing IMO.