Reforging

General Discussion
this would save my life in legion. with crit being a dead stat for warriors it would be nice to reforge any gear with crit to haste or mastery and im sure other classes feel the same way. i forget why this was removed but it honestly was a life saver
It was removed because they didn't like the idea of the player not being able to not immediately equip gear they got in a raid due to it needing to be reforged. Also, they removed hit/expertise from the game, thus justifying their actions in their minds.

Which makes no sense, since we have the Netherlight Crucible.. But it somewhat helps there's an active one after you defeat Argus.
01/09/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Dreäded
this would save my life in legion. with crit being a dead stat for warriors it would be nice to reforge any gear with crit to haste or mastery and im sure other classes feel the same way. i forget why this was removed but it honestly was a life saver

It was removed because the biggest reasons for requiring it were removed. The Hit and Expertise caps. As a warrior we needed 7.5% of each and going even a little bit over was wasted. So getting the right reforges and gems and enchants to get as close as possible to those ratings ended up being a pretty complex thing to work out on your own, so people used Ask Mr. Robot or other tools to figure out their reforges for them.

It also was extremely predictable. Everyone would always reforge the worst stat into the best stat. They wanted to make your gear itself more important so now if you want to reduce your Crit you need to find gear without Crit on it.

So they determined that at the same time it was overly complex with the stats that existed in Cata and MoP but also overly simple in that your decisions were basically made for you.

There are multiple interviews with Ion and company that describe their thought process, because this question comes up constantly since reforging was removed.
I want it back as well

I also want more sockets back

once upon a time you could tune and tweak your gear a bit to get what you needed

no its just deal with every piece of gear having versatility on it..... or whatever dead stat
Would be nice, because it really sucks when you get a huge Ilvl upgrade but it breaks one of your important secondary stat breakpoints. But it created problems as well.
01/09/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Stillplaying
I want it back as well

I also want more sockets back

once upon a time you could tune and tweak your gear a bit to get what you needed

no its just deal with every piece of gear having versatility on it..... or whatever dead stat

99% of the player base wasn't tuning anything but following some cookie cutter design people better at math than them had made. It was an illusion of choice in both case (reforging and gems).