Wardens Still At War With The Night Elves?

Story Forum
In the (terrible) book Wolfheart, Maiev and the Wardens disagreed strongly with letting the Shen'dralar arcane demon suckers onto Teldrassil. The Wardens started covertly murdering the Highborne whenever they tried to cast arcane magic. When Tyrande and Malfurion found it it led to an all-out war between the Night Elf army and the Warden army.

Maiev attempted to assassinate Malfurion while the Warden army was being wiped out by the Night Elf army. The remaining Wardens fled with Maeiv, and the Night Elves sent an army led by Jarod to "pacify" them.

It's never mentioned in Legion at all. As far as I know, they never declared made up. Now that the Legion is defeated, with Maiev return to her goal of killing the Night Elf leadership?
Jarod and Maiev reunite in Blackrook Hold. There he apologizes. Then tells us he is in the wrong because clearly the only reason Maiev would murder people is if she was under a 'dark influence'. The actual presence of a dark influence is never verified or addressed beyond that one line of gossip dialogue. But given how Maiev and the Wardens interact with everyone on the Broken Shore, I think they're sweeping this one under the rug. Assumedly where they are also sweeping Maiev's character.
The events of the that book have not been forgotten in Legion, but it is a "blink and you miss it" moment that happens when you find Maiev with out her helmet in Black Rook Hold.

She says something along the lines of "You forgive me? Even after all I did?" or something like that.

I think that story as a whole will be either forgotten or Maiev goes super crazy when Darn gets toasted in BFA and goes after the horde leadership like the ninjas they are.
01/10/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Irenaus
Jarod and Maiev reunite in Blackrook Hold. There he apologizes. Then tells us he is in the wrong
If he was in the wrong, maybe he's going to join her in assassinating Malfurion and all the Shen'dralar demon drainers...FOR THE GREATER GOOD.
01/10/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Jarod and Maiev reunite in Blackrook Hold. There he apologizes. Then tells us he is in the wrong
If he was in the wrong, maybe he's going to join her in assassinating Malfurion and all the Shen'dralar demon drainers...FOR THE GREATER GOOD.
Here we are.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Jarod%27s_Mission
How did you and your sister get separated?
Maiev and I chose very different paths in life.
Not long after the Legion's first defeat on Azeroth, she dedicated her life to the pursuit of justice.
Some would say she's gone too far in that pursuit at times.

Gossip What did she do?
She murdered innocents, hoping to sever our people's ties with the Alliance.
Still, I couldn't bring myself to kill her.
At first I thought I'd been weak -- that love had left me unable to do what was necessary.

Gossip So why are you trying to save her?
I know my sister. She'd never commit such crimes unless she was under some foul influence.
Even so, rather than investigate fully, I assumed the worst.
I've been a poor brother, but there's still time for me to make things right.
Gossip I'll help you find Maiev.

He repents his sin of not fully investigating by also not fully investigating a second time.
Gossip What did she do?
That's a hard retcon, assuming Jarod wasn't just lying to the player. She was murdering newly arrived demon sucking Arcane users on Teldrassil, as she saw Arcane abuse as the source of all evil that had ever befallen the Night Elves. I don't believe she mentioned the Alliance once in Wolfheart.
01/10/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Gossip What did she do?
That's a hard retcon, assuming Jarod wasn't just lying to the player. She was murdering newly arrived demon sucking Arcane users on Teldrassil, as she saw Arcane abuse as the source of all evil that had ever befallen the Night Elves. I don't believe she mentioned the Alliance once in Wolfheart.
Someone named Neva on page 345. Says that Maiev is planning to also get rid of the Highborne, the 'mutts', and humans. The Alliance altogether.
...That's a hard retcon, assuming Jarod wasn't just lying to the player. She was murdering newly arrived demon sucking Arcane users on Teldrassil, as she saw Arcane abuse as the source of all evil that had ever befallen the Night Elves. I don't believe she mentioned the Alliance once in Wolfheart.
Someone named Neva on page 345. Says that Maiev is planning to also get rid of the Highborne, the 'mutts', and humans. The Alliance altogether.

Damn why did she have to be stopped?
Gossip What did she do?

Didn't she frame the Worgen for the murders, though? Seems like a generally anti-alliance ploy from that angle.
Obviously, this whole thing between Maiev and Jarod is Blizz's way of saying "We're sorry for that terribad book. We're going to pretend it never happened if you do."
01/10/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

Of course she might end up being the one to burn down Teldrassil first chance she gets in order to get rid of Malfurion and the Shen'dralar.

Malfurion was hated by Maiev for his self righteousness as you may all know so her taking drastic measures to get rid of him is not something that would surprise me.

She'd want both Malfurion and Tyrande dead preferably. Her desire to give Night Elves independence will push her to do her best to drive a rift between the Night Elves and the Alliance. How successful she'll be? It will likely depend on whether the Forsaken will be wiped out by the Alliance like Blizzard had stated(if they were actually being serious about that).
01/10/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Resìleaf
Obviously, this whole thing between Maiev and Jarod is Blizz's way of saying "We're sorry for that terribad book. We're going to pretend it never happened if you do."

Except both Jarod and Maiev clearly do acknowledge it happened.

Most likely it's this.

01/10/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Gavik
Didn't she frame the Worgen for the murders, though? Seems like a generally anti-alliance ploy from that angle.

I believe so, though I have a feeling that they forgot the book was supposed to be about Worgen and ended up with half Varian stuff and half Red vs. Blue
Thank god.

Either reconcile it or retcon it, I don't care at this point. Let's just move on.
She thinks herself the hand of justice.

What sweet irony it would be when justice finds her.

One can hope.
01/10/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Lokra
She thinks herself the hand of justice.

What sweet irony it would be when justice finds her.

One can hope.

It did, Illidan escapes her and is somewhere she’s not and she can’t get him.
What if Maiev burns Teldrassil O.o
01/10/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Lokra
One can hope.
That she finishes what she started with the Highborne?

Indeed.
01/10/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Soulguard

Not sure if she'd do that but could see her going off the deep end and trying to assassinate Anduin after his response to the burning of Teldrassil and Night Elves being in peril is to invade Lorderan for Genn.
01/10/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Desanvos
01/10/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Soulguard

Not sure if she'd do that but could see her going off the deep end and trying to assassinate Anduin after his response to the burning of Teldrassil and Night Elves being in peril is to invade Lorderan for Genn.
I think it's far more likely she'll go off the deep end and murder the Horde.