I Just Soloed The Unsubscribe Button

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
bye gimme gold door butt
01/17/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Wryndox
01/17/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Arf
Just because you're a dk doesn't mean you have to be necrotic on the forums.

I didn't necro anything. I think you misunderstand what 'necro' means in thread terms.

Has multiple meanings. Maybe you should learn them before you accuse others of not knowing them.
01/17/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Arf
01/17/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Wryndox

I didn't necro anything. I think you misunderstand what 'necro' means in thread terms.

Has multiple meanings. Maybe you should learn them before you accuse others of not knowing them.

Necroing, in its most common use, means posting/bumping an older thread. If you want to use a new definition of the word that only has meaning to you then you must explain the meaning
01/17/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Illidonkey
01/17/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Arf

Necroing, in its most common use, means posting/bumping an older thread. If you want to use a new definition of the word that only has meaning to you then you must explain the meaning

^^ This
01/17/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Wryndox
It was intentional.

https://imgur.com/NowMDT5

I don't think you can infer intent from that CS tweet. CS are not devs, and it's impossible to tell if they ran the questions by the devs unless they explicitly state they did.
01/17/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Materials
Let's be honest all of you could quit and nothing would change. Maybe take your complaints to twitter and you might actually be heard.

I think you're right. But I won't have to grit my teeth playing this game any more.

And they won't listen any better on Twitter ( a more useless mode of communication is hard to imagine ) than they do here.
01/17/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Marama
It was intentional.

I don't think you can infer intent from that CS tweet. CS are not devs, and it's impossible to tell if they ran the questions by the devs unless they explicitly state they did.

Did you really just "fake news" a CS post as though they don't know whats going on?
01/17/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Reizel
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Wryndox
The more of these types of players we purge from the game, the better. Maybe the game can cease being so toxic.

A game can't be toxic when it's dead. Enough people quit and that's exactly what'll happen. Have fun with your group content then.

I've been playing since version 4 and seen most of the changes. 1 change I didn't like and quit playing for about a year.

This change may knock me out of the game. I am a scrounger, alone. I collect items and make things for gold, also level with quests. It is harder than you think to get gold. The open world is where I collect and leveling there makes copper and linen too expensive to collect if I have to fight every toon in the area. So now if I am a 250 level engineer and need some copper I have to fight every toon in the are for some cheap copper, everytime I need copper. Lots of effort for little.

So the one above thinks I'm toxic, since I won't group to level or collect. The other guy is correct, if the WoW revenue dries up so will WoW.
The people who are defending this update are probably the people who defended Patch 6.2.

Instead of idling by and accepting everything this company shoves down your throat and saying "yes this is good" because you are so far up your own !@#.

Take a moment to actually realize what they did.

1. Lackluster content update. Some new models for some NPC's you will never play. A couple of new quests. Leveling changes, which is good and bad. Sometimes I want to sit back and level an alt and feel out the lore and quests, and other times I just want to get to max level as quickly as possible and not *!@#!!#! around.

2. They literally updated old content. It's old content for a reason, they should receive NO updates. And they should be absolutely soloable. Why the $%^- am I paying this company to go back and work on old *!@# that I run maybe once a month? Stop pushing useless updates to that content and work on your current expansion or the upcoming expansion. Which leads me into my next point.

3. Useless updates created bugs for current content.

Demo locks had a high amount of intellect on their weapons.
Holy paladins had a high amount of intellect on their weapons.
Assas rogues doing insane amounts of damages.
People missing xmog pieces
The insane amount of FPS lag in raids (Not due to outdated addons.)

Not to mention the existing bugs in game that they have decided to just flat out ignore.

Eye beam disconnect
Disengage disconnect
The camera glitches

Who the $%^- tests these before they are pushed?
Do they even have a Q&A dept?

"Give them feedback thats what it's there for!!"

Yes, we do give them feedback but it falls on deaf ears.

Throughout the expansion there have been countless feedback threads, some numbering in the hundreds of posts, others even needed to carry on to a different thread because it got so large. And then they push through with stupid updates like this.

Stop kissing Blizzards *!@ and sucking their dicks with every update they make.

Raid scaling was an update to a system that didn't need to be fixed or changed, and instead of allocating time and effort towards their next expansion or currently existing bugs they give us a steamy pile of #$%^.
01/17/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Xeni

A game can't be toxic when it's dead. Enough people quit and that's exactly what'll happen. Have fun with your group content then.

I've been playing since version 4 and seen most of the changes. 1 change I didn't like and quit playing for about a year.

This change may knock me out of the game. I am a scrounger, alone. I collect items and make things for gold, also level with quests. It is harder than you think to get gold. The open world is where I collect and leveling there makes copper and linen too expensive to collect if I have to fight every toon in the area. So now if I am a 250 level engineer and need some copper I have to fight every toon in the are for some cheap copper, everytime I need copper. Lots of effort for little.

So the one above thinks I'm toxic, since I won't group to level or collect. The other guy is correct, if the WoW revenue dries up so will WoW.

The mobs in starting zones don't level above 20 so i mean just hit 21 and farm copper?
One account ends in 2 months my other in May - I will not renew either.
01/17/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Berry

"Muh Personal Loot!"
Personal loot was always dumb, furthermore it just nerfs gold gains from raids in this case. SoO used to have relatively decent gold, assuming you did it on enough characters.

[/quote]

Found the ninja-looter||raid-leader's e-girlfriend.
01/17/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Xeni

WoW will be just fine. The world will keep spinning. MMOs weren't designed to be played by people like you in the first place. The more WoW caters to the "solo player" playstyle, the more it takes away from the "MMO" in MMORPG.
01/17/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Kyraz
01/17/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Fran

How is it toxic that someone plays or enjoys the game differently? WTF dude?

People like YOU are what's wrong with WoW.

THIS....so very much!

What was hanging on by fingernails, of a community, has been tortured by players who have no empathy, consideration, or care for any player in the game but themselves.

In a world where we keep hearing how hateful people have become, we seem intent on exampling the worst of interpersonal communications right here in GD.

I remember when solo players and group instance players actually got along most of the time here. They did not see each other as competition to one another, so were able to discuss things that were issues without nearly the venom that splats in the middle of any discussion about someone else's problems today.

There has always been elitism, but it has taken on a more bitter, careless edge than it used to have, by posters who seem to have more to prove to themselves than anything useful or helpful for anyone else. This has become an epeen playground for the ego needy at the expense of the community and other players.

....and we wonder why the devs don't come here any more?
I struggle with coming here and do not do so nearly as often as I used to. It is toxic here and the negativity is infectious.

To best enjoy the game.....people should stay away from here.

I find I am a much happier player when I don't read the hate and nasty player-on-player verbal fisticuffs which truly makes GD the most used pvp venue in the game.

The posters who treat other posters with total disrespect are not likely to treat players in game any different. They are poison to the future of WOW.

Sorry to go so negative, but I wish people would give me more reasons not be negative about GD. Watching people rip each other up for personal ego enrichment just seems more than cold...it seems cruel in a very self-needy kind of way.

Wistful of what this game and it's community COULD be and saddened by what it actually is.

JMO

Okay, I'll bite. So, if you don't approve of GD forums, and find them so negative, then why did you read them? Also, why did you feel the need to scold everyone on this forum? Maybe to feel superior? Interesting....
01/17/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Wryndox
01/17/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Marama

Did you really just "fake news" a CS post as though they don't know whats going on?

No, you moron, I stated a fact. Are you too stupid to see that the tweet was a brush off? Was the "go post it on the forums" not a clue? Have you not seen how CS operates around here on a daily basis? Think before you reflexively throw memes out.
01/17/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Crystallyn
and no, they haven't yet, Wyrndox...you said "They've already given their reasons, which are completely reasonable."...where did they give their reason for making old content much harder now when it was previously soloable? I'd love a link).

It was intentional.

You're being overly dramatic. Take a deep breath and come back tomorrow. Promise you the sky isn't falling.

Blizzard CS isn't the devs. Unless we get either a CM or a Dev confirming it, don't take CS's word as law.
01/17/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Mauden

It was intentional.

You're being overly dramatic. Take a deep breath and come back tomorrow. Promise you the sky isn't falling.

Blizzard CS isn't the devs. Unless we get either a CM or a Dev confirming it, don't take CS's word as law.

Wasn't that the same twitter account that said that Quin could stream Blizzcon opening ceremony, but then he was later banned because of it?
01/17/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Wryndox
WoW will be just fine. The world will keep spinning. MMOs weren't designed to be played by people like you in the first place. The more WoW caters to the "solo player" playstyle, the more it takes away from the "MMO" in MMORPG.

Says who? You are now the arbiter on what is the only 'correct' way to play and enjoy an MMO?

They have not removed group content at all, so they have not 'catered' to anyone, they have content for everyone to enjoy.

So every activity you do in game you group for? everything? I doubt it,lol.
01/17/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Vulf
I'll wait to see if they revert some of this garbage soon. I may be right there with you after having just come back after nearly 8 years.

Same, I'll wait a bit, my sub renews in 2 1/2 weeks. If they don't tweak this a bit I'll likely unsub.

It's like these guys can't find a balance. It's extreme one way or the other. Leveling was a bore before because you basically pushed the same 2 buttons for about 100 levels. Now it takes you 7 or 8 times as long to kill a mob. I'm not sure if we need more xp to level or not as I cannot find a chart that shows what each level is (or used to be before now) but it seems like it took a big hike, but I may be mistaken. It also seems like the quest xp is lower as well, but again I am unsure.

I don't understand why they made our heirlooms little better than quest greens, severely increased mobs hp and made them hit harder all at the same time. I was in Ungoro on my mage and killing mobs took sooo long and I could only take on 2 maybe 3 at a time.

I get that some people enjoy this. Yes it makes you pay more attention, but do you not think that slogging through 120 levels like this is gonna get old real fast?

One of my favorite things when I need a change is to hop on a low level and bang out a few levels quickly. I can't do that now.

I hope they tune some of these changes and find some middle ground here.
I suppose none of this scaling stuff would matter IF we now obtained things scaled UP from those raids.