I Just Soloed The Unsubscribe Button

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
01/17/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Mistyweaves
Lol, GTFO, No one cares if you can't solo your old raids anymore, like who plays just to do old content, how devoid of a life are you at that point lollll

Pot, kettle black. We are all devoid of life. We play wow.
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Wryndox
The more of these types of players we purge from the game, the better. Maybe the game can cease being so toxic.

Most of the toxicity is angry snotty elitists, and they think its just great.
I think my favorite part about this was when they tried it a few patches ago for Broken Isle/Shore mobs.

Remember the fit everyone threw? Very, very few seemed in favor of it. Now the same thing is happening to older content, and way more people are defending it. It's... interesting to see.

01/17/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Mistyweaves
Lol, GTFO, No one cares if you can't solo your old raids anymore, like who plays just to do old content, how devoid of a life are you at that point lollll

I'm also enjoying all of the trolls coming out of the woodwork, the posts like this are my favorite report-bait.
01/17/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Reizel
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Wryndox
The more of these types of players we purge from the game, the better. Maybe the game can cease being so toxic.

A game can't be toxic when it's dead. Enough people quit and that's exactly what'll happen. Have fun with your group content then.

Dead? You people always talk about how you're going to leave just like folks said they were going to leave the U.S. during the mention of a wall. And where are they now? Still with us, still complaining.
01/17/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Berry
Maybe if they wanted to reintroduce that, they should remove LFG, CRZ, etc. Instead of encouraging "grouping" for irrelevant content that was easily soloable days ago.

I agree. This game would be much better if we remove, LFD, LFG, LFR, CRZ, etc. Great post, sir.
01/17/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Berry
It's been fun guys, but everything I like doing has been ruined in one way or another. The classes I enjoy weren't really engaging after WoD-Pruning, I've disliked the direction of raiding for ages (Hence quitting my guild in MoP), and pruning made PvP "meh" too.

The one thing I still did was farm old raids. It was nice, relaxing, and enjoyable. Sometimes I'd just listen to the Raid's actual music while farming transmog and mounts, other times I'd turn on a podcast while searching for elusive mounts. Unfortunately, just like pretty much everything else I enjoyed in this game, that had to be changed for literally no reason, too.

So I'm done, there's nothing in nu-WoW that I actually enjoy. See you in Vanilla, maybe.

"Bye/Give Me Your Gold/Something about doors and butts"
No.
"Just make a group! It's an MMO!"
Old Content is soloable in EQ even, you know the game that really dominated the MMO format. There's no reason to form a group with absolute strangers and ruin an otherwise enjoyable activity. Also I don't want to share mounts.
"Muh Personal Loot!"
Personal loot was always dumb, furthermore it just nerfs gold gains from raids in this case. SoO used to have relatively decent gold, assuming you did it on enough characters.
"You're not intended to solo raids. They're raids!"
This is the most tedious nonsense ever. They've been changing raids for years specifically so that players COULD solo them. That would imply that we are intended to solo them.

There's literally no argument for this change. Similarly, there's literally no argument for me to be handing $15/mo to a company that has been making decisions I've disliked for a while now.

Great post, cya in a few weeks take care.
01/17/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Anitharia
Maybe if they wanted to reintroduce that, they should remove LFG, CRZ, etc. Instead of encouraging "grouping" for irrelevant content that was easily soloable days ago.

I agree. This game would be much better if we remove, LFD, LFG, LFR, CRZ, etc. Great post, sir.

Sounds like you just want classic. Good news, that's coming soon™
01/17/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Shadowreborn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

A game can't be toxic when it's dead. Enough people quit and that's exactly what'll happen. Have fun with your group content then.

Dead? You people always talk about how you're going to leave just like folks said they were going to leave the U.S. during the mention of a wall. And where are they now? Still with us, still complaining.

I see you've purged WoD from your memory. Can you tell me how to do that? I'd really like to.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/2lamP There you go.
01/17/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Shadowreborn

You do realize this company managed to lose ~50% of their players last expansion in under a year, right?

Cancelling a payment and emigration really aren't comparable.

Yes, it would. Unfortunately, this braindead company wouldn't dare even inch towards any of those. They will, for some reason, make unnecessary changes to old raids though.
01/17/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Illidonkey
I mean you can still solo them....

Go ahead, i'm waiting for you to Solo Sha in mythic SoO.
Just cancelled my sub.

If I can't solo old raid content from years ago and still have to get people to help/compete for loot, I'm out.

I've played since vanilla and every expansion there was always the feeling of "well maybe I didn't have time to raid this expansion, because I'm an adult with responsibility, but if I wait long enough I can solo it once the raiders have had their way with it."

then blizzard comes by and goes "lol, no we want you to play longer so here ya go."

and of course the obligatory "no you can't have my gold."

also inb4 blizzar white knights come to the rescue, I'll do your job for you

"bye."

"No one will miss you."

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

"You are not entitled to anything."

"Git gud."

"ok."

"k."

Anyway, some people might like doing more work for the same/less rewards, but I'm an adult and I'm busy. You lost an 11 year vet raider over this blizzard.

B/w guys I truly don't think blizzard cares anymore,when you click cancel sub it just automatically does it, there is no survey. I truly believe they just don't care anymore.

Time to go play the Batman Akrham/Assassin's Creed Series again until/if Blizzard fixes this.

Cheers mates.
01/17/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Berry

Yes, it would. Unfortunately, this braindead company wouldn't dare even inch towards any of those. They will, for some reason, make unnecessary changes to old raids though.

They wont because they'd have to merge so many servers, the truth would slip out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_qIhrB73Uo

Here was Berry, he played WOW
In loving memory we send him out to pasture
May he ride a magic cow into the great unknown
Fighting evil with a giant pet demon at his side
On whatever 3rd rate mmorpg he chooses to play for 3-6 months
Until on that fateful day he returns to fight anew

Réquiem ætérnam dona ei
[quote]How dare Blizzard make 6 year old content that used to be soloable impossible with the exception of a select few people. Taking away an activity people enjoyed? What a ridiculous concept.

Sorry, but being able to solo a raid boss, relevant content or not, is absolutely ridiculous. To keep a broken game design so people can farm transmog items is ludicrous.
How dare Blizzard make 6 year old content that used to be soloable impossible with the exception of a select few people. Taking away an activity people enjoyed? What a ridiculous concept.

Sorry, but being able to solo a raid boss, relevant content or not, is absolutely ridiculous. To keep a broken game design so people can farm transmog items is ludicrous.

Broken game design? That 'broken game design' was not only encouraged and made possible by the devs, but was something that a large majority of players did. So making something that a majority of players find fun = broken game design?
I'd say give them a few days or at least until next reset to address the issue before you unsub. I really want to unsub over this too but I'm seeing how it all plays out first. If we are just a few levels away from soloing everything but legion (once BFA comes out) that's not so bad.. it's not what I want to happen but it's blizzards game they have to balance it as they see fit.

Not talking about it with us is a mistake, especially when so many are upset. I feel like they should.. they've been so good with communication in Legion.

No doubt once I finish all my other business in Legion I will unsub, unless they drop allied races soon. Taking away content this far out from an expansion just doesn't make sense, they HAD to have a good reason, but the silence is confusing for sure.
01/17/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Reizel
Broken game design? That 'broken game design' was not only encouraged and made possible by the devs, but was something that a large majority of players did. So making something that a majority of players find fun = broken game design?

Well if you want to farm the old raids then no one is stopping you. In fact, Asmongold has and currently is proving to everyone you can still solo the old raids.

enjoy playing with your 100's of people that would be left then,lol
01/17/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Hickenbottom
01/17/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Reizel

Well if you want to farm the old raids then no one is stopping you. In fact, Asmongold has and currently is proving to everyone you can still solo the old raids.

He also said that he didn't like the changes. Forget that part already, or just choose to ignore it?
01/17/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Trìnïty
He also said that he didn't like the changes. Forget that part already, or just choose to ignore it?

What does that have to do with anything? He has already shown you can still solo it whether he likes it or not.