I Just Soloed The Unsubscribe Button

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
01/17/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Fran
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Wryndox
The more of these types of players we purge from the game, the better. Maybe the game can cease being so toxic.

How is it toxic that someone plays or enjoys the game differently? WTF dude?

People like YOU are what's wrong with WoW.

THIS....so very much!

What was hanging on by fingernails, of a community, has been tortured by players who have no empathy, consideration, or care for any player in the game but themselves.

In a world where we keep hearing how hateful people have become, we seem intent on exampling the worst of interpersonal communications right here in GD.

I remember when solo players and group instance players actually got along most of the time here. They did not see each other as competition to one another, so were able to discuss things that were issues without nearly the venom that splats in the middle of any discussion about someone else's problems today.

There has always been elitism, but it has taken on a more bitter, careless edge than it used to have, by posters who seem to have more to prove to themselves than anything useful or helpful for anyone else. This has become an epeen playground for the ego needy at the expense of the community and other players.

....and we wonder why the devs don't come here any more?
I struggle with coming here and do not do so nearly as often as I used to. It is toxic here and the negativity is infectious.

To best enjoy the game.....people should stay away from here.

I find I am a much happier player when I don't read the hate and nasty player-on-player verbal fisticuffs which truly makes GD the most used pvp venue in the game.

The posters who treat other posters with total disrespect are not likely to treat players in game any different. They are poison to the future of WOW.

Sorry to go so negative, but I wish people would give me more reasons not be negative about GD. Watching people rip each other up for personal ego enrichment just seems more than cold...it seems cruel in a very self-needy kind of way.

Wistful of what this game and it's community COULD be and saddened by what it actually is.

JMO
01/17/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Mistyweaves
Lol, GTFO, No one cares if you can't solo your old raids anymore, like who plays just to do old content, how devoid of a life are you at that point lollll

Wrong, many people care.
Lol, GTFO, No one cares if you can't solo your old raids anymore, like who plays just to do old content, how devoid of a life are you at that point lollll

You apparently cared enough to post in this thread.
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Wryndox
The more of these types of players we purge from the game, the better. Maybe the game can cease being so toxic.

Maybe the game will cease to exist! They need to roll back these changes or we are going to lose too many players. I don't want to see WoW shut down.
01/17/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Ito

Wrong, many people care.

i was wondering how the poster you quoted did that.
Here's one for you...

Waaaaaaaaaaaa! I want to SOLO my MMORPG!!! Screw any new player or any one else desiring a game to be more social. I am selfish and if I don't get my way... I QQ in the forums and then rage quit like a special snowflake on Invincible. Boo hoo...
01/17/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Hickenbottom
What does that have to do with anything? He has already shown you can still solo it whether he likes it or not.

did you happen to notice his item level as well? most people are not going to have that. Mind you the very Devs made some of the old raids solo cause THEY knew people are NOT interested in farming old content. those that did were going for mounts and transmogs items. NOW that has been removed as well as you only get 1 loot item now.

SO please tell me how this change is helping the game when I am seeing people leaving in masses and my server is turning into a ghost town.

Damn some people are uneducated about business.
01/17/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Knuse
Here's one for you...

Waaaaaaaaaaaa! I want to SOLO my MMORPG!!! Screw any new player or any one else desiring a game to be more social. I am selfish and if I don't get my way... I QQ in the forums and then rage quit like a special snowflake on Invincible. Boo hoo...

Does trolling makes you less of a child, or more of one?
01/17/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Corlia
SO please tell me how this change is helping the game when I am seeing people leaving in masses and my server is turning into a ghost town.

Getting it back to its old roots, by forming groups and friendships. You shouldn't be able to solo a raid boss, come on don't be ridiculous.
If only one thing is holding you to a 13 year old game, it's time to find something else. Sounds like you were hanging on for no great reason, anyway.

Personally, I think all this knee jerk reaction, less than 24 hours after the patch drops, indicates a larger problem with a portion of society, than with the game. Some people are ridiculously spoiled and entitled and don't understand the concept of waiting.

But I'm a paying customer!
Aren't we all. You still have to wait for your burger to cook, your house to get built, and your game developers to get enough IN GAME data to see where they need to fix things at.
01/17/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Knuse
Here's one for you...

Soloing old raids doesn't affect new players in the slightest. I don't know what your thought process on this was but it sure as hell wasn't good.
01/17/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Electra
If only one thing is holding you to a 13 year old game, it's time to find something else. Sounds like you were hanging on for no great reason, anyway.

Personally, I think all this knee jerk reaction, less than 24 hours after the patch drops, indicates a larger problem with a portion of society, than with the game. Some people are ridiculously spoiled and entitled and don't understand the concept of waiting.

But I'm a paying customer!
Aren't we all. You still have to wait for your burger to cook, your house to get built, and your game developers to get enough IN GAME data to see where they need to fix things at.

Supposedly, they get this IN GAME data from PTR, but you ask any of the PTR folks about that and what you'll get is that the devs went silent about all the issues they brought up.
I think the point that some of the peeps that are defending the changes are forgetting is a large population of active subs in wow play it for its simple and relaxing play style these days, most of the hard core players have moved on. The idea of having the time lock server was to have that option for the hard core players to play with, but the blanket 3x health increase is not a welcomed site for many as most players are working on toon 10+ and by the time you get past leveling one in the longer content, your not going to want to again, making it just easier to unsub till something new is released to make you sub again for a month or 2 then unsub again. Did a amount of the older stuff could use a increase sure, I just feel they went a tad over what was needed by a decent amount. Take into consideration enhancement shm around 675 gs before Legion prepatch could solo Heroic 25 man firelands with little issue, post patch with 50% dps decrease from it, basically almost impossible in some parts due to some mechs. Same toon pre recent patch could solo 25 man Firelands normal with no issues, post patch its touchy on the same bosses in question. Not sure but should not be going backwards that much with same toon over a given time on the same content. If I wanted harder content I would have waited for the time lock servers and sure many other would agree, the changes was just a tad to vast in some area's and a middle ground needs to be found.

PS. They still need to fix Darkmoon faire fishing, back to scaling fish range, rather dumb for catching so much junk in so many different fishing skill ranges. Used to be a fun spot to work on fishing/cooking once a month.
01/17/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Kyraz
01/17/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Fran

How is it toxic that someone plays or enjoys the game differently? WTF dude?

People like YOU are what's wrong with WoW.

THIS....so very much!

What was hanging on by fingernails, of a community, has been tortured by players who have no empathy, consideration, or care for any player in the game but themselves.

In a world where we keep hearing how hateful people have become, we seem intent on exampling the worst of interpersonal communications right here in GD.

I remember when solo players and group instance players actually got along most of the time here. They did not see each other as competition to one another, so were able to discuss things that were issues without nearly the venom that splats in the middle of any discussion about someone else's problems today.

There has always been elitism, but it has taken on a more bitter, careless edge than it used to have, by posters who seem to have more to prove to themselves than anything useful or helpful for anyone else. This has become an epeen playground for the ego needy at the expense of the community and other players.

....and we wonder why the devs don't come here any more?
I struggle with coming here and do not do so nearly as often as I used to. It is toxic here and the negativity is infectious.

To best enjoy the game.....people should stay away from here.

I find I am a much happier player when I don't read the hate and nasty player-on-player verbal fisticuffs which truly makes GD the most used pvp venue in the game.

The posters who treat other posters with total disrespect are not likely to treat players in game any different. They are poison to the future of WOW.

Sorry to go so negative, but I wish people would give me more to not be negative about here. Watching people rip each other up for personal ego enrichment just seems more than cold...it seems cruel in a very self-needy kind of way.

Wistful of what this game and it's community COULD be and saddened by what it actually is.

JMO

You should read the thread for context. I was the one defending the community from individuals who cares only about how it impacts them. Look at the title of the thread. Read the OP. He is complaining and stating nothing constructive, just flaming the Devs decisions. Not all things are as they appear.
So many sooks on this forum... most entitled sooky gamers in thr world. Majority american
01/17/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Hickenbottom
01/17/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Corlia

Getting it back to its old roots, by forming groups and friendships. You shouldn't be able to solo a raid boss, come on don't be ridiculous.

you have to change the PEOPLE for that to happen, not the content, it's up to US to form those bonds, not the game..
I didn't even read the OP. Just stopped in to express my appreciation for the thread title. Gave me a chuckle. Sorry to see someone with a sense of humor leave, but you'll be back and can I have your stuff, and good luck with your next game.
>Blizzard promotes PTR testing for months
>Barely anyone provides feedback
>Bugs make it into launch
>Everyone complains

Exactly as I predicted.
01/17/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Icehammer
So many sooks on this forum... most entitled sooky gamers in thr world. Majority american

Thanks for injecting your prejudiced irrelevance into this discussion.
I just bought a second account to counter your unsubscribe button.

Checkmate!