General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
01/17/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Sulerin
>Blizzard promotes PTR testing for months
>Barely anyone provides feedback
>Bugs make it into launch
>Everyone complains

Exactly as I predicted.

This was reported on the ptr forum back in December and it went ignored. Go figure right?
01/17/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Wryndox
01/17/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Berry

What nuanced feedback is there to give here? Blizzard really hasn't presented a case for this change, I would challenge you to come up with anything remotely resembling a comprehensible justification for it. In light of the lack of an actual position on part of Blizzard there's nothing for me to go "point by point" with.

All that can really be said is: "This change is unnecessary. There is no reason to remove the ability to solo bosses (ie, Sha of Pride), after deliberately making changes to allow them to be soloable (Galakras et al.). I don't want to group up, or wait a few expansions to clear (OLD) content I could breeze through last week."

Its your job to give nuanced feedback as to how it was better before or ways it could be improved. Blizzard doesn't have to defend reasons they made the changes. They've already given their reasons, which are completely reasonable. They never intended for people to solo some of this stuff. Like it or hate it, thats there stance. Tell them why they are wrong and provide something tangible as to why, not just "its stupid! it makes no sense!" They'll just discard that sort of feedback as there is nothing they can do with it.

They literally made changes to make soloing viable. They obviously intended for players to be able to solo lol.
01/17/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Hickenbottom
01/17/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Corlia
SO please tell me how this change is helping the game when I am seeing people leaving in masses and my server is turning into a ghost town.

Getting it back to its old roots, by forming groups and friendships. You shouldn't be able to solo a raid boss, come on don't be ridiculous.

You seem to think it being a raid boss matters.

It doesn't. It did when it was current content, it doesn't anymore. That content is old and redundant, the only reward is cosmetic and there is no reason to do it otherwise.

There is no reason to adhere to this "It's a raid boss it has to be strong!" idea when there is no purpose for it to be made more difficult. There is nothing of value to be gained except mounts/pets, and most people don't care about mounts/pets.

They have previously made multiple changes to multiple old raids for the entire purpose of making them possible or more easy to solo, this sudden flip makes no sense and flies in the face of everything they've done previously.
01/17/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Knuse
Here's one for you...

Waaaaaaaaaaaa! I want to SOLO my MMORPG!!! Screw any new player or any one else desiring a game to be more social. I am selfish and if I don't get my way... I QQ in the forums and then rage quit like a special snowflake on Invincible. Boo hoo...

Is there a point in changing alt when everyone knows from your guild tag who your main is?
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Aliandrin
I Just Soloed The Unsubscribe Button

Hey stupid noob you should have to get a group for that.

This game is not for you.

Why don't you go q...

...wait...

Hey retard, nobody groups up for a content that is 6 to 10 years content..
01/17/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Reizel
01/17/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Electra
If only one thing is holding you to a 13 year old game, it's time to find something else. Sounds like you were hanging on for no great reason, anyway.

Personally, I think all this knee jerk reaction, less than 24 hours after the patch drops, indicates a larger problem with a portion of society, than with the game. Some people are ridiculously spoiled and entitled and don't understand the concept of waiting.

But I'm a paying customer!
Aren't we all. You still have to wait for your burger to cook, your house to get built, and your game developers to get enough IN GAME data to see where they need to fix things at.

Supposedly, they get this IN GAME data from PTR, but you ask any of the PTR folks about that and what you'll get is that the devs went silent about all the issues they brought up.

1. We've known for many years that PTR is only bug testing. The content and numbers itself doesn't get changed until it goes live. Every single time. PTR is only to test for bugs.

2. Tons of new bugs always pop up when PTR is released to live. Every time.

3. There's things to consider like: release day is X, but there's 86 things we still need to work on. It is playable? Yes, release it, we'll fix it later.

Meaning. Maybe this is intended, maybe it isn't. But leaving 24 hours after the patch drops because it's not exactly right is, as I stated, a spoiled and entitled attitude. Learn some patience.
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Aliandrin

Hey stupid noob you should have to get a group for that.

This game is not for you.

Why don't you go q...

...wait...

Hey retard, nobody groups up for a content that is 6 to 10 years content..

the joke

your head
01/17/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Fran
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Wryndox
The more of these types of players we purge from the game, the better. Maybe the game can cease being so toxic.

How is it toxic that someone plays or enjoys the game differently? WTF dude?

People like YOU are what's wrong with WoW.

I agree with you.
01/17/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Sulerin
>Blizzard promotes PTR testing for months
>Barely anyone provides feedback
>Bugs make it into launch
>Everyone complains

Exactly as I predicted.
You didn't read the ptr forums did you? There was plenty of feedback. They just chose to ignore 95% of it. But if you ever bothered to read beta tester feedback, you would discover that 95% of that gets ignored also.
01/17/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Electra
01/17/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Reizel

Supposedly, they get this IN GAME data from PTR, but you ask any of the PTR folks about that and what you'll get is that the devs went silent about all the issues they brought up.

1. We've known for many years that PTR is only bug testing. The content and numbers itself doesn't get changed until it goes live. Every single time. PTR is only to test for bugs.

2. Tons of new bugs always pop up when PTR is released to live. Every time.

3. There's things to consider like: release day is X, but there's 86 things we still need to work on. It is playable? Yes, release it, we'll fix it later.

Meaning. Maybe this is intended, maybe it isn't. But leaving 24 hours after the patch drops because it's not exactly right is, as I stated, a spoiled and entitled attitude. Learn some patience.

Patience was me sticking around with this game for so long. Leaving is me knowing when I can save myself both time and money until something better comes along.
01/17/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Wryndox
The more of these types of players we purge from the game, the better. Maybe the game can cease being so toxic.

Can you please demonstrate how TMOG hunting and mount collecting go hand and with toxicity?

I have never met someone who said "Look at how few mounts you have. You sure do suck!". However, I have seen plenty of people say "Look at your DPS meters! You sure do suck!"
More salt than the amount of salt in the salted butter I just ate on a baguette
01/17/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Öneup
01/17/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Knuse
Here's one for you...

Waaaaaaaaaaaa! I want to SOLO my MMORPG!!! Screw any new player or any one else desiring a game to be more social. I am selfish and if I don't get my way... I QQ in the forums and then rage quit like a special snowflake on Invincible. Boo hoo...

Soloing old raids doesn't affect new players in the slightest. I don't know what your thought process on this was but it sure as hell wasn't good.

pfft "thought process"

ba dum tss
01/17/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Berry
that had to be changed for literally no reason, too.

100% yes. There is no reason now I must have trouble fighting MoP Heroic bosses. The content is years old. Why is Blizz changing with this? I really dislike it.
01/17/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Berry
The classes I enjoy weren't really engaging after WoD-Pruning,

Dislike pruning? So you play the class in the game with the least number of buttons? GG
01/17/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Cynna
01/17/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Fran

How is it toxic that someone plays or enjoys the game differently? WTF dude?

People like YOU are what's wrong with WoW.

I agree with you.

I agree with YOU
just quietly unsub and shut up plz lol
01/17/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Vulf
I'll wait to see if they revert some of this garbage soon

You mean go back to a broken game? No way.
01/17/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Verygreenboy
just quietly unsub and shut up plz lol

Will loudly unsub, but thanks for the suggestion!
Let's be honest all of you could quit and nothing would change. Maybe take your complaints to twitter and you might actually be heard.