Genn's influence over Anduin

Story Forum
I just had this thought. You know how Genn has a huge influence on Anduin. And Anduin basically listens to Genn. Even the spymaster has to ask Genn for permission to talk to the king, which wouldn't be the case if Varian was the king still. So what if "The boy king serves at the master's table" means that Anduin serves at the Genn's table, and Genn is the master.
Clearly this will relate to Genn's desire for Vengence against Slyvanas, and he is proping up Anduin for that.

And Genn is one of 2 father figures for Anduin now. I just hope they still won't forget Velen's relevence with Anduin despite the Legion's defeat and Argus avenged.
Wait until the scene where Genn sees Anduin in danger, tries to protect him but accidentally calls him Liam and Anduin realizes what's happening and they've got an awkward moment.
Genn is an old king whose word Anduin values and is a grandpa figure, Anduin represents the son/successor that Liam Greymane could have been. I don't believe there is anything nefarious going on in regards to their relationship.
Genn may see this at a chance for redemption; he skipped out on the Alliance the first time and paid the price. Now, he has a chance to not only contribute to the Alliance, but bring his experience to the table and make sure no one else makes the same mistake as he did. Not to mention, he never got to see his son grow up to become a king himself. He may see guiding Anduin as his second chance to do so.
I was creeped out by the scene in the epilogue where Anduin asks daddy Greymane's permission before taking the candy from that mustachioed stranger.
https://i.imgur.com/71YzMFF.jpg
We've seen Anduin take ask Genn and Velen for guidance repeatedly throughout Legion.

How are people shocked that he values their advice?

Genn is basically a father figure, and Anduin is a surrogate son.
01/17/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Akindo
Genn is an old king whose word Anduin values and is a grandpa figure, Anduin represents the son/successor that Liam Greymane could have been. I don't believe there is anything nefarious going on in regards to their relationship.

This.

It's a rather touching father/son dynamic they have going, genn lost his son, anduin lost his father, they both grieve and in a way comfort each other.

Idk why people keep desperately trying to look for something sinister in it.
01/17/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Berronax
01/17/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Akindo

This.

It's a rather touching father/son dynamic they have going, genn lost his son, anduin lost his father, they both grieve and in a way comfort each other.

Anduin: "Should I take the mustachioed mans shiny gift, Pop-pop? it reeks with power!"

Genn "Palpatine" Greymane: "Do it! Do it, now!"

Because as the Chief Salt Miner of the Alliance, Genn has to be made out to be a villain greater than anything ever. Mudsling enough and try to get something 'evil' to stick so everything he did accomplish will be tainted retroactively.
Genn defense squad has intensified it's activity.
01/17/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Empathetic

If by intensified you mean... gave you reasonable answers.

Then yes.
Genn and Shaw were seen walking away together, Anduin probably looked to him before taking the azurite because he expected that Genn had already seen it himself.
The original scene only had Genn and Anduin, but they decided to have Shaw deliver the azerite shard in the final version.

https://youtu.be/b3c1RORu_Bs
01/17/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Empathetic

Well, if Sylvanas fans can defend and hand-wave every mustache-twirling scheme she hatches, Why can't Graymane fans do the same? It's only fair.

Genn did nothing wrong, because I said so.

*Holds up official Graymane fan club badge*
I think Genn may cause issues in BfA but I don't think he'd ever intentionally do anything against Anduin's wishes unless he really lost himself to vengeance. I think them having Genn gate Shaw was more like Genn acting as a bodyguard/doorman to make sure Anduin isn't bothered while he's up there addressing his people.

Not saying he COULDN'T be doing anything nefarious, but I don't feel it from this.
01/17/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Sternbridge

Because as the Chief Salt Miner of the Alliance, Genn has to be made out to be a villain greater than anything ever. Mudsling enough and try to get something 'evil' to stick so everything he did accomplish will be tainted retroactively.

yet Sylvanas is good, merciful and just. The overwhelming horde bias on the story forums is sometimes eye roll worthy, sometimes.
01/17/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Leonphoenix
yet Sylvanas is good, merciful and just. The overwhelming horde bias on the story forums is sometimes eye roll worthy, sometimes.

Did you forget to pick up your lion print hanky at the door?
01/17/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Kazdoth
01/17/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Leonphoenix

Did you forget to pick up your lion print hanky at the door?

I think I left it behind when I was saving the hordes capital from their own elected leader.