Baine and others got their models updated...

Story Forum
Baine, Nathanos, Galliwix, Slyvanas got their models updated to WOD/Legion/BFA standards.

So whats taking so long for Tyrande, Mekkatorque, and Muradin Bronzebeard?

Tyrande is dated in that she's just a hi res, hd version of the Original Vanilla model of Night Elf females.

Mekkatorque is still wearing Vanilla tier outfit.

And Muradin still does not look like how he does in HOTS, same for Tyrande I wish they both look like this by now:

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/muradin/
Gelbin certainly deserves an update. It'll require him and gnomes actually getting some content though, and that still doesn't seem to be on the horizon despite being well overdue. But why would Muradin get an update? Moira sure, but updating Muradin would be like updating Halduron. Muradin doesn't merit that kind of attention.
Agreed although Jaina's new model makes up for it tbh and we technically get the Greek god that is Turalyon. Also Alleria.

I'm hoping Moira gets one since the Dark Irons feature prominently.
Gelbin has his mechano-suit which makes him stand out, Tyrande's model needs some minor touch-ups but it isn't a pressing concern and Moira definitely needs a new model.
So whats taking so long for Tyrande, Mekkatorque, Moira Thaurrisian, and Aysa?

Fix't that for you.

also, I'm just going to assume it won't matter since Blizzard does little to nothing significant for those characters aways. Gotta give humans unique models first.
01/17/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Ronstin
Moira sure, but updating Muradin would be like updating Halduron.

This cuts deep man.
01/17/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Ronstin
Gelbin certainly deserves an update. It'll require him and gnomes actually getting some content though, and that still doesn't seem to be on the horizon despite being well overdue. But why would Muradin get an update? Moira sure, but updating Muradin would be like updating Halduron. Muradin doesn't merit that kind of attention.

So what you're saying is that they need to update Halduron as well? Oh and of course Rommath since he stands next to Halduron and Lor'themar in SIlvermoon.

Actually, considering how important they seem to be Liadrin and Rommath should probably get new models too.

You know what, NEW MODELS FOR EVERYONE!

Except Goblins and Worgen.
01/17/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Anelaan
Oh and of course Rommath since he stands next to Halduron and Lor'themar in SIlvermoon.

'Hey that important mage Belf? Give him a new model, we'll be using him soon'
'Alrighty!'

Boom, Aethas gets a new model.
01/17/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Sternbridge
01/17/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Anelaan
Oh and of course Rommath since he stands next to Halduron and Lor'themar in SIlvermoon.

'Hey that important mage Belf? Give him a new model, we'll be using him soon'
'Alrighty!'

Boom, Aethas gets a new model.

I said everyone, he counts as everyone.

Sorta.
Tyrande, Moira, and Gelbin ought to get updates. I'd actually like to see Falstad get an update if Wildhammer allied races become a thing, and Muradin just needs his own unique armor really. (Give him his HotS look.)

Only other thing I could ask for is let Genn wear a coat in his Worgen form and make his overall outfit color-scheme more black rather than brown.
Anduin represents the team. When he gets a new model, everyone gets a new model.

(He got shiny new armor and puberty)
I don't really see how or why Tyrande needs an update. She had a high-rez one in Cataclysm and I prefer that model to the HotS one, and her model is a unique one. Of course, Sylvanas didn't need another update either and they did one for her anyway. Now Baine definitely needed one, just as Gelbin still does.
Gelbin got a unique mech suit in Legion, so I wouldn't consider him to be in dire need of a new model. Though I could see his armor getting updated to a fresher model at least.

I think Tyrande really just needs an armored model and has always needed an armored model. She's fairly consistently portrayed as being armored practically everywhere except WoW (and Hearthstone I suppose), which makes it baffling that she doesn't have one in WoW. It doesn't need to be exactly like her WC3 or HotS armor, just needs to be fancy Night Elven armor.

Otherwise while I'd like to see the entire Council of Three Hammers get new models, Moira probably needs one the most since the Dark Iron Dwarves are becoming playable.
01/17/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Falrinn
Gelbin got a unique mech suit in Legion, so I wouldn't consider him to be in dire need of a new model. Though I could see his armor getting updated to a fresher model at least.

I think Tyrande really just needs an armored model and has always needed an armored model.

No she doesn't. Hell, BAINE doesn't have an armored model and he's a front-line bruiser. If they'd ripped the trappings of the character away from her, the way they did with Vol'jin's update to showcase how primitive he was that would be one thing but they haven't done anything like that to Tyrande.
Muradin's master skin in HotS is literally exactly how he looks in-game.

Also I think Tyrande is fine. Not perfect but it is a unique model.

Honestly, the Horde's been due this. Varian, Tyrande, Velen, and Genn all have had unique models for so long. I think Sylvanas and Vol'jin had it for Horde. You could count Thrall, but if you did you'd also have to count Malfurion for the Alliance.
I really just want to see a Gelbin model. If its quality is anywhere near Saurfang's or Baine's, we'd have a proper King of the Gnomes on our hands, instead of low level warrior gear with some paladin only goggles.
01/17/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Portergauge
I really just want to see a Gelbin model. If its quality is anywhere near Saurfang's or Baine's, we'd have a proper King of the Gnomes on our hands, instead of low level warrior gear with some paladin only goggles.

I really want a Lords of War/Harbingers style youtube miniseries about Gnomes.
01/17/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Portergauge

I keep thinking they want to make him a Paladin since his outfit is basically the Zandalari Freethinker's set.
Don't worry, they updated all of the Alliance characters that are actually going to get screen time. Didn't they look great in that cutscene before you went to Silithis to bravely sneak around and murder civilians at their behest?
Ji Firepaw is left behind