Rejoice! Weapon cant Titanforged in BFA

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
01/30/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Bronnix
I still don't understand why people dislike TF there is nothing wrong with the system. If you get one thats great but its not like you HAVE to have everything TF.

It creates balancing issues and it also promotes things like split runs which people hate
01/30/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Dmitriÿ
right cause weapon titanforging is why people are complaining about titanforging. He said that to divert from the fact that gear titanforging remains, you people really are blind.

With weapons having the possibility of rolling Titanforged, an already unbalanced system would have been made even more unbalanced.
01/30/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Elorian
01/30/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Bronnix
I still don't understand why people dislike TF there is nothing wrong with the system. If you get one thats great but its not like you HAVE to have everything TF.

It creates balancing issues and it also promotes things like split runs which people hate

Seriously do people think guilds like Method actually enjoy doing 5 to 7 mythic splits to funnel all the gear to mains?
01/30/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Groodhardt
01/30/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Afishbone
Does it not lead to the assumption that mythic is either overtuned for the ilvl it gives or that mythic raiders just want [s]easymode[/s] power?

If mythic/heroic raider want easymode power then they would prefer to keep TF instead of advocating the removal of it

I'm confused.

No one can make you grind for forging. The individual is the operator, unless the claim that motivation control is in the hands of the provider of the service is used.

Is loot gambling too?
I just want reforging back. And I don't PvP so I don't want PvP-specced gear dropping from non-PvP content just as much as non-PvP gear... All I know is I've had way too much Versatility crammed down my throat. Apparently it's a good stat for tanks, but BM specced Hunters aren't tanks. So it really irks me when I get tokens that say "Gives item for Beast Mastery Specialization" and I get something with Versatility.

If they just brought back reforging that'd be less of an issue. Who knows, maybe they'll do something to fix it in BfA.
Source on that please?

Ion on that interview said "they are thinking of not making it happen on weapons" He didn't say weapons will not titanforge...
I don't see why it'd really matter. It's trinkets, tier pieces, and relics that were really problematic because they offered unique effects.
01/30/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Illustrial
01/30/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Searik
Yea, that would have been a huge issue/oversight... but they can still warforge which is fine.

Up to 5 or 10 item levels. No higher! Assuming the tier jump remains the same that still means weapons from the harder difficulty will always be better. That is how it should be. No LFR player running around with a weapon of Mythic raid power. That would just be idiotic.

Why does that effect you? It doesn't.

Caring that some LFR guy got lucky and got a cool weapon is idiotic.

Grow up, Titan forging was good for the game and good for casuals only special snowflakes who need some "look I'm better than you" item to wave around.

You disgust me.
01/30/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Xathsmash
01/30/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Elorian

Seriously do people think guilds like Method actually enjoy doing 5 to 7 mythic splits to funnel all the gear to mains?
I don't really care about method. I don't think the games gearing system should revolve around what the top .1% would prefer.

Titanforging is fine.
I think it would be best if Mythic couldn't titanforge. Everything else below that can, to a max of within 10 ilvls of whatever the current Mythic ilvl is.

That way, mythic raiders are still the only ones that get BiS, but everyone else still has a chance at getting good gear too.

Within 10 ilvls would allow heroic gear a chance to WF still, since its usually 15 ilvls lower, this would allow heroic gear a chance to warforge +5 ilvls.
Seems to me the problem comes because of the endless possibility for all gear for high forging. I think titanforging as a concept is good and needs to stay in. It doesn't hurt Mr. Mythic Raider for some scrub to have a really good day and get a single super nice piece from LFR. It's great to kill that farm boss everyone is tired of but has to kill to get to stuff later in the instance and have something forge high enough that it's an upgrade, instead of that gear being nothing but garbage for the rest of the expansion.

There should be a set amount a tier can titanforge to (and set to that consistently, instead of being something like +15 over mythic one tier, +25 the next, which is the kind of thing we've seen in Legion). Let's take EN as an example. Mythic gear in EN dropped at 880 baseline. I think it capped out at 895 at the time (possibly was 900). But each tier it's gone up until now it can hit the same 985 that Antorus gear can reach. That's really screwed up. Instead, that 895 should be the highest the gear can get ever. That would keep all but the most outlier of trinkets from being worth farming for the entire expansion. It would allow for those lucky days for the casuals, it would allow for farm bosses to still be worthwhile, but it wouldn't make gear from the very first raid potentially better than gear from the last (as is the case now if you can get a high ilevel Blood-thirsty Instinct or Arcanocrystal).
How about no more RNG stats altogether? pffff who am i kiddin.... that would require actual talent and creativity
Warforging as a system isn't that bad, a 5-10 item level is a nice upgrade but not a ridiculously large increase...

Titanforging on the other hand just needs to go. What a terrible RNG system that makes gearing for higher-end content a gigantic pain in the !@#.

I feel sorry for progression raiders that feel like they have to waste their time farming last tier content on the hopes of TF upgrades to get ahead.

For some progression guilds that farming is mandatory. It just needs to go man, give lower-tiered players a different carrot.
02/13/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Skyfury
For some progression guilds that farming is mandatory. It just needs to go man, give lower-tiered players a different carrot.

Why should we care about those 5% or even less who are trying to progress or whatever?

"lets design the game based on what the mythic raiders feels better?"

Nah bad idea son... blizzard is a smart company even tho i don't care if they get rid of it because i play with friends and have a guild already.
Warforging as a system isn't that bad, a 5-10 item level is a nice upgrade but not a ridiculously large increase...

Titanforging on the other hand just needs to go. What a terrible RNG system that makes gearing for higher-end content a gigantic pain in the !@#.

I feel sorry for progression raiders that feel like they have to waste their time farming last tier content on the hopes of TF upgrades to get ahead.

Well, if they didn't upgrade previous tiers to be able to titanforge to the same max ilevel as the current tier, that wouldn't be an issue.
YAY!
Couldn't they just go back to how it was done in Mists? Gear could be upgraded, had fixed stats, sockets, etc.

Just change "Titanforging" from change to boost ilevels on random items to a drop that can be used to upgrade said item, a bit like Crystallized Fel for the WoD ring. Have it drop from dungeon and raid bosses, rare elites, whatever. And to keep the crowd with no self-control in line, limit it to the instance itself as opposed to difficulty. If you clear Normal, it won't drop in LFR or Heroic.
02/13/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Saeahiga

Why should we care about those 5% or even less who are trying to progress or whatever?

"lets design the game based on what the mythic raiders feels better?"

Nah bad idea son... blizzard is a smart company even tho i don't care if they get rid of it because i play with friends and have a guild already.

Because balance of the game is based on the people who play the game the best?

I mean, if you don't care about the best players then it's alright if we neuter the dps of your class right? Because the truth is, from LFR to Normal you only really need to avoid the enrage timer. So what if your class is logging at the bottom, according to you it shouldn't matter because casuals don't do content where balance matters.