rage quiters in mythic plus

General Discussion
Why do people rage quit when they are doing mythic pluses when they know that leaving one causes the group to lose the key they were doing.
01/10/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Bloodreigns
Why do people rage quit when they are doing mythic pluses when they know that leaving one causes the group to lose the key they were doing.

the only time i left was when my group wiped on the first boss in lower kaz 5x w/o any progress.
if you have a physical copy of WoW, peep that "13+"
there are 13 year olds on this game
theres your answer
They don't like having their inadequacies rubbed in their face. Hence, rage quit.
I generally don't leave unless it looks impossible to complete.
Because it doesn't cause you to lose anything (except time which is also true of the person leaving) and they probably didn't feel like spending an hour wiping their way through your key.
depends on the scenario, if u wipe more then once u know u wont make the timer,so finishing is pointless
I have never done a Mythic+ run with anyone but guildies. And that is because I KNOW that they will not do that sort of thing.

I recognise that sometimes its unavoidable if you need or want a bit of gear and there is no one around to help, but truly I prefer to wait and organise runs with people I know I can trust.

To me, it isn't so much a frustrating loss as it is dealing with frustrating people. Why put up with that?

Mythic rewards aren't even rewarding if you're surrounded by players with elitist behavior.
I've had to leave a M+ once. I normally do them at night when my son is sleeping, or when he's with his nana spending time with her. That night he wasn't feeling well and ended up waking up crying, with a fever, so I naturally apologized and bowed out from the group. Didn't stop a couple of them (guildies) from cursing me for leaving.

But I've never left because of wipes or anything. Heck, I even sat through two hours of trying to kill that inquisitor boss in vault of the wardens on a 15 key I think it was...that gave me nightmares.

Never had anyone rage quit in my groups either =/, then again I really don't do many now days, just don't have the oomph anymore.

Because they're not "the group" - they're the individual. And if you see that the group (which again isn't the same as the individual) got their butts handed to them on like the first boss, or God forbid multiple trash incidents, it's the better part of valor not to waste your own individual time in a baddy group, no matter what might be better for "the group."

TLDR: Individuals are NOT "the group" and don't have the same interests as "the group."
01/10/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Aerithissa
Didn't stop a couple of them (guildies) from cursing me for leaving.

Your guildies got mad because you left to care for a sick child?

wow
i usually end up having healers leave most runs i do, have to usually pug people since not many people are ever on in my guild. But the run i just did when posted this was a mythic 10 maw of souls the marineer dude may have mispelled that name but healer died twice to him cuz he rezzed at a bad time.
01/10/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Aerithissa
I've had to leave a M+ once. I normally do them at night when my son is sleeping, or when he's with his nana spending time with her. That night he wasn't feeling well and ended up waking up crying, with a fever, so I naturally apologized and bowed out from the group. Didn't stop a couple of them (guildies) from cursing me for leaving.

But I've never left because of wipes or anything. Heck, I even sat through two hours of trying to kill that inquisitor boss in vault of the wardens on a 15 key I think it was...that gave me nightmares.

Never had anyone rage quit in my groups either =/, then again I really don't do many now days, just don't have the oomph anymore.
I find it sad that guildies would curse at you for leaving that reason. Hope they got G-kicked. I would be honoured to have a person like you in my guild.
They still get loot if you finish it so they lose nothing.
People are cheating the Raider IO scores. There is not a penalty for leaving and when they realize their score is not going to count ( or believe it might lower it) they leave. Raider IO is not a good measuring tool of good players and people are exploiting it.
I only leave if they !@#$% a lot while we're fine.

Can't feel bad for obnoxious people, sorry.