Login Problem: Character Not Found

Technical Support
my friend can logg in my computer but i cannot logg cos of random blackscreen , gg
01/16/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Alystina
01/16/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Thewanderer
off blizzs twitter feed:

BlizzardCS

@BlizzardCS
14m14 minutes ago
More
[#Warcraft] We're aware of "Character Not Found", "Character Creation Timed Out" & black character screens when trying to log in. This is due to the number of players attempting to log into game currently. Please try again later.

Wow, seriously? Why is this an issue? Their servers should be able to handle the game load after all these years... It's not like they have so many MORE players than 5 years ago that this should be a problem.

I mean this same thing happened in April and June of last year when there were big patches. It sucks that this is still an issue nearly a year later.
Im sure it has something to do with a DDoS attack always does lol
Apparently each server can only have 10,000 people logged in at the same time. Sorry you are player number 10,001. Please try tomorrow. Good of a billion dollar corporation to not be able to manage its bandwidth or SQL servers. You knew Blizzard that everyone would want to play when you added new content.
I'm writing this as my wife is logged in and questing in Mac'aree. I had mentioned to her that I had not been able to get in for the last 30 minutes so not to be too disappointed when she could not get in, then she logs right in, on the same realm, with no difficulties. Any time you make big changes to a system as complex as WoW you are bound to run into issues, but that is cold comfort right now!
I've been attempting to login once every ten minutes for over two hours. This is ridiculous.
i want a free piece of loot from every raid boss that i missed tonight...how hard is it to fix this.....
01/16/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Tohtesritter
I'm writing this as my wife is logged in and questing in Mac'aree. I had mentioned to her that I had not been able to get in for the last 30 minutes so not to be too disappointed when she could not get in, then she logs right in, on the same realm, with no difficulties. Any time you make big changes to a system as complex as WoW you are bound to run into issues, but that is cold comfort right now!

What about your PC? You two play on the same PC? That would at least tell us if it's an account issue or a hardware issue.
It's obviously a problem on Blizzard's end. I was playing just fine last night up to 3AM.

2.5 hours later and the login servers are still being overloaded? I've never once seen the black screen when the servers were congested and I've been playing since beta. This is an issue with the patch or the login servers.
character not found this is dum buddy sitten rite here next to me playing
Just to chime in here with another me too. Wife was able to log right in with no problems. *shrug*
01/16/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Fuue
character not found this is dum buddy sitten rite here next to me playing
my 110 nothing will log in