Tinfoil theory: why Vol'jin chose Sylvanas

Story Forum
What if Vol'jin chose sylvanas because she is most likely to stoke the flames of war and Vol'jin made a deal with Bwomsamdi where more souls delivered to him would power Vol'jin's resurrection?
"Trade my soul for thousands of others, and you still get my soul when I'm dead in another 90 years"?

Possible.

On one hand, Vol'jin doesn't just thoughtlessly slaughter lives to feed his gods, with no more goal than that. That was a main point in why the Loa think so highly of him when he chose not to join the New Troll Empire.

On the other hand, he has no problem sending souls to his god.......... And he does honor his gods.......... And his gods want souls sacrificed to them in their names.....

But, it would also mean he is sacrificing thousands of Horde lives in exchange for his own. I have a hard time seeing him do that.
01/16/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Jacksprat
But, it would also mean he is sacrificing thousands of Horde lives in exchange for his own. I have a hard time seeing him do that.

Maybe he comes back as a super namekian and takes on the old gods, so he's just being pragmatic.
I don't think Vol'jin would ignite a world war just so he could resurrect.

But there could be reason for Bwonsamdi needing empowerment. My personal hope is that next expansion there's a war raging in the Shadowlands and Bwonsamdi needs more souls on his side.

So he ignited the current faction war to get more souls. We know from the Nazmir demo that the Horde players undergo a ritual of binding that allows Bwonsamdi to reap the souls from anyone they kill.

So he'll be getting a whole army of Alliance races, Blood Trolls, Sethrak, Pirates, Zul Loyalists, Naga, etc.
The faction war starts because of the azurite that is being found. It’s just regular war between an upstart death loa and the old vanguard death loa, I don’t think Vol’jin choosing Sylvanas or trying to resurrect himself is a valid reason. Sylvanas takes from the shadow realms by reattaching the souls to their dead bodies. It wouldn’t do Bwa any good for her to gain power as warchief.
Vol'jin, who did everything for the Horde. Who took on a madman leading an army of militant, industrialized loyalists with a debased tribe of trolls. Who was completely in touch with what it meant to be Horde.

Who's commands, when mortally wounded on the Broken Shore, were concerned with saving the Horde, first and foremost.

I just don't see it in him to make that sort of deal without an insanely convoluted reason. If he had wanted to do things on that sort of level, the Zandalari would have gladly given him the opportunity.
01/16/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Myasol
Sylvanas takes from the shadow realms by reattaching the souls to their dead bodies. It wouldn’t do Bwa any good for her to gain power as warchief.

In the Nazmir demo the Horde player undergoes a ritual that binds themselves to Bwonsamdi, allowing him to take the souls of anyone they kill.
Personally I'm very partial to the tinfoil theory that Vol'jin died on purpose for some afterlife loa shenanigans that will one day be relevant. It would smooth over why he let a grunt demon stab him in the front, and then openly refused to accept any medical attention.