Remove essences from daily BG

General Discussion
01/21/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Wariya
Don't do it ??

This is my take on the whole essence business after doing 3 emissaries while farming up more Order Resources on my Warrior then Aggramar/Argus then checking the total.

Way to slow to worry about or focus on.
01/21/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Bkalt
Or make it reward on playing one, not winning one. I don't have time to spend 2 hours a day to get 30 essences but it's required in order to get legendaries in a timely manner.

No ! Absolutely not. Keep it as it is. If you are not winning any BG's, then it's a l2p issue. Nothing else.
Or make it reward on playing one, not winning one. I don't have time to spend 2 hours a day to get 30 essences but it's required in order to get legendaries in a timely manner.

I don't see how this would result in people just AFK'ing BGs to get essences at all.
Learn to be efficient with your time. If winning a BG was inefficient, do something else.
I agree, we must butcher the 17 people who still play PvP!
I have a friend who just came back to the game about 5-6 weeks ago and he has all his spec legendaries without the using the essences. You don't need these BGs. Stay out of them for my sake
Just skip it? You should still get one every two weeks.
you dont need them
01/21/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Bkalt
01/21/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Thallia
...It's in no way mandatory.

Explain how to get all possible essences a day without it then. I'd love to hear it.

This is your first mistake. You do not need to get all possible essences a day.
oMg guYs bLizzzarD iS foRcING mE tO pVP AgAiN
Or make it reward on playing one, not winning one. I don't have time to spend 2 hours a day to get 30 essences but it's NOT required in order to get legendaries in a timely manner. I just feel obligated to do a BG. Please, save me from myself Blizz. I have no self control.

There, fixed that for you.
01/21/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Primalmatter
Just skip it? You should still get one every two weeks.

Not even that, assuming you get bare min without pvp you should have 900 every tuesday, w/ pvp should have around 1.1k
01/21/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Kaklel
have you try to git gud instead?
Whats wrong with getting bad instead?
lol, the ones I've done I've won on the first try and I don't even have the immunity talent

Maybe try to win. Like pretend to care. Might work some miracles.
01/21/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Kessiaan
You'd think Blizzard would have learned by now that mandatory pvp really annoys people.

its not mandatory tho

daily heroic, emissary, antorus, plenty of other places to get essences from.

It costs 1000 essence to get a legendary.

Since most sources have a fairly wide range they award, you're unliable to get one per week unless you're lucky. So, given that:

With the BG:

Raid bosses: 198 - 396
Emissary cache: 168 - 420
Heroics: 210
Mythic chest: 120
Weekly PvP Quest: 42
Battlegrounds: 210
Minimum - 948
Maximum - 1398

At the lowest end, you're not getting a legendary in a week. You will get 2 in three weeks.

At the highest end, you'll get one per week. You will get 4 in 3 weeks.

Without Any PvP:

Raid bosses: 198 - 396
Emissary cache: 168 - 420
Heroics: 210
Mythic chest: 120
Minimum - 696
Maximum - 1146

At the lowest end, either way, you're not getting a legendary per week, but you will get 2 per 3 weeks.

At the highest end, either way, you're getting one legendary per week.

If you're doing all the content you can, whether you're doing PvP or not, you'll get at least 2 per 3 weeks, possibly 1 per week.
yeah, I had to run one whole random BG to get 30 essences, so harsh. /sarcasm

A rogue friend (alliance) ran silvershard mines) one run; had a legendary item drop in the win, and got sufficient essences to buy and upgrade a legendary item he needed to upgrade on that alt.

It actually took longer waiting of a random heroic queue to work and to run the random heroic than to win a single random BG for me including queue time in it.

i suppose those who form a 5 man for a random heroic and run a lot of go go m+15's can zip through most of em.

Overall, it really doesn't matter at this point as beyond farming up legendary tokens and maybe those doing mythic burning throne have nothing they need to do.

They can always make a new low level toon, put on full heirlooms and take much longer to level in slow motion and that will kill time.

I might suggest farming xmog, but um boss health and personal loot.

Same for farming gold

This patch flat out broke so much it isn't funny
it's mandatory in that this player wants to get the max amount of essences per day, it's just how they are, they aren't casual enough to let any potential essences slip away.

But they should relax, you will get like 420 per week from just heroics and emissary alone plus whatever raiding gives you on top of that. You will be seeing a lego every 10 days or so. BGs only add 210 per week meaning after 5 weeks you will get 1 extra lego. in 5 weeks you would have gotten 3 legos already + 3 from RnG drops. that 7th lego will likely not matter or be worth the hours spent doing something you hate.
01/21/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Kessiaan
01/21/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Thallia
...It's in no way mandatory.

It's absolutely mandatory if you're missing leggos, unless you like being a liability to your regular raid/m+ teams.

You haven't even cleared Heroic. You're already a detriment to your team.
01/21/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Hollowchåzz
it's mandatory in that this player wants to get the max amount of essences per day, it's just how they are, they aren't casual enough to let any potential essences slip away.
That's still not mandatory. It's a choice.