Why the 8 hour Maintenance?

Customer Support
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
01/16/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Juzz
Maybe if we knew 3-4 weeks in advance what time frame we were looking at for the Tuesday maintenance that would help.

It really doesn't work like that, Brightbrown. For patches we generally have a projected date but any number of things can happen where a patch is pushed back at the last minute. This isn't a product release, which requires a launch date, it is patch and something that might change based on a lot of different factors.

We post scheduled maintenance for our games on Sunday, as we try to provide 48 hour notice. It is prudent to always expect some downtime, lasting at least 4-6 hours. It usually isn't that long, but it is a good estimate for the "just in case".

01/16/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Brightbrown
OK, but how come we arent receiving anything resembling an update on the cs twitter feed? The last post was 19 hours ago... wojld have taken of all 3-4 minutes over the last hour for some cs to kinda just keep us somewhat in touch with the process.

I'm not entirely certain what you are looking for, Brightbrown. Maintenace is listed until 3 pm PST today... what update would be necessary for something that is still ongoing? If maintenance ends early, a tweet will be sent, if it is extended notification will be provided and the breaking news will be updated. Most of which we wouldn't know until it gets around that time.
How are streamers playing right now but I can't?
BTW folks..be glad we didnt send you the vampire koalas or the MMA trained kangaroos armed with leadlined boxing gloves...no one can be trusted with THAT much power..:-D
Vrakthris , personally I think that the way Blizzard has been handling content, updates, information etc.. with legion has been GREAT , the devs, and the whole team need a big thumbs up. instead sadly they get whiners and cryers who want it up NOW , why? Cause they want it and they feel they are the only ones on earth that matter.

Blizzard - KEEP it up
01/16/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Hydroplane

They aren't, at least not on the NA realms. Not sure when the EU maintenance is so they might be playing on an EU account. No one is playing on the NA servers right now so you are either watching a pre-recorded stream or a stream of someone with an EU account.
01/16/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Hydroplane

They are likely in Europe, Hydroplane, since they are not yet in maintenance.
01/15/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Glendpal
Why the 8 hour Maintenance? Blizzard is getting a little out of hand when they announce a very long Maintenance and don't give any information on it. I PAY to play not to sit for 8 hours wondering what you will mess up again ...i;e: your game loader is still acting up.

[/quote]

I played Islands of Kesmai on Compuserve in 1990 or so. That cost 12.95/HOUR for 1200 BAUD access. That's over 25.00/hour, adjusted for inflation.

Here's what it looked like: https://www.filfre.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ascii.jpg

And you're paying, what? Between 10 and 15 dollars (in 2017 money) for unlimited monthly access? And you're whining because you can't play while they post a massive update of new or improved content you DIDN'T have to pay any additional fee for?

Get off my lawn, you damn punk kid!
They can not predict the future. How upset are you going to be if they project rolling restarts in three weeks but end up having to do longer maintenance because server blades crashed or a major but needed hotfixing?

i wasnt suggesting they knew the future entirely but they do have a SCHEDULE of major fixes and rolling restarts that we have no idea of. They have a plan for patches which they could easier share. Emergency fixes are that and can be addressed within the NOTICE stating planned maintenance MAY BE extended. This I am sure most of us can understand. People just want to know what the Tuesday is expected to hold for maintenance.
01/16/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Juzz
People just want to know what the Tuesday is expected to hold for maintenance.

I don't.

I've been around since the 8-hour-maintenance-every-week era, so I've learned to have patience on these days and expect some downtime every Tuesday.

When they come back up within an hour or two, the sensation of being pleasantly surprised is rather fantastic.

You should try it sometime.

Instant gratification is going to be the millenial downfall.
i wasnt suggesting they knew the future entirely but they do have a SCHEDULE of major fixes and rolling restarts that we have no idea of. They have a plan for patches which they could easier share. Emergency fixes are that and can be addressed within the NOTICE stating planned maintenance MAY BE extended. This I am sure most of us can understand. People just want to know what the Tuesday is expected to hold for maintenance.

And as Vrak explained they do that, they try to let us know 48 hours prior. They do not have a set schedule as thing are moved up and pushed back quite regularly. They are not going to release their internal calendar to the public, it is none of our business and would just create more issues.
People just want to know what the Tuesday is expected to hold for maintenance.

Everyone who is paying any attention already knows what the Tuesday is expected to hold.... it's MAINTENANCE... in fact you just said it yourself, I'm not entirely sure why that's confusing.

No company is going to post their schedule the way you are wanting Blizzard to do, I worked for Bank of America for a few years, we had a scheduled maintence which we kept in house but it was not made public, Why? Because things change, and thats all there is to it
I would like to know when the servers are going to put up again. I have some pent up frustration at this full day maintenance. PUT THE SERVERS BACK UP PLEASE!
Where is J.G Wentworth when you need him?
01/16/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Dárklôver
I would like to know when the servers are going to put up again.

When they're ready.

G.J Wentworth

You mean J.G. Wentworth? If he's choosing to represent you, my how his practice has fallen. It's a lost cause against a contract you signed.
01/15/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Glendpal
Why the 8 hour Maintenance? Blizzard is getting a little out of hand when they announce a very long Maintenance and don't give any information on it. I PAY to play not to sit for 8 hours wondering what you will mess up again ...i;e: your game loader is still acting up.

I am thinking of all the stolen hours you have taken over the years, it is considerable, you take but give no game credit, you take and there is no information on why. To charge a monthly rate then steal time is still theft.
As somebody who has played this game since 2005, I find this post is adorable.
01/16/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Dárklôver
I would like to know when the servers are going to put up again. I have some pent up frustration at this full day maintenance. PUT THE SERVERS BACK UP PLEASE!

If all goes well in a hour or so you will be able to