ITT: Bronzebeard and Shandris Realm Pop

Bronzebeard and Shandris
Hello everyone,

My friend and I got back into playing WoW again for the first time in over a year this week. We have noticed that Shandris and Bronzebeard appear to be much less lively than we remember.

I understand that the World of Warcraft community is dynamic and ever-changing, and that there are so many realms and only so many people to go around. But, is something being done to increase the realm traffic?

I know that in the past Bronzebeard was merged with Shandris, and we share the auction house and can trade and participate in other guilds. This is all fine and dandy because I've met some cool people from Bronzebeard in my day.

However, I noticed that other realms are also playing on our realm, but are unable to contribute to our auction house, unable to trade with us, and unable to join guilds.

Will these realms eventually be merged? Will Shandris actually end up being a forgotten realm? I've been playing this realm since 2007 and it saddens me to see the current state of the population of the realm and the lack of available items in the auction house.

I know it sounds silly, but I miss the days where Trade Chat was a spamfest with people getting triggered 24/7. I miss the days where I could put up an incredible amount of auctions undercutting other people, and see my mailbox fill up with gold.

Maybe things are going to remain the way they are - I don't know. I just was curious if there were plans to increase our realm population or if this was a phenomenon that was going to continue.

Best of luck to you all, and enjoy patch 7.3.5 :)
They should delete Shandris IMO, but I want free transfers for my 10 level 100's :^)
The auction halls are ridiculously overpriced compared to other servers. It costs a fortune for enchants on BB anymore. It indicates there aren't a lot of active players.
Makes me sad. All my earliest memories from WoW are from Shandris, back in LK. It's so sad to see it inactive :(
I just looked it up, I was curious how healthy the realm actually is nowadays. One of the realm pop sites lists us as around 150k total players, which seems decent enough compared to the rest (goes from around 100k to 400k, but most are 100k to 200k).

The thing is though, another pop tracker website uses a metric called "Active Players," which I'm assuming either counts max-level characters or somehow tracks how many players are actually logging in repeatedly over some X amount of time...

In which case, it lists us as having around 5000 to 6000 active players. And the majority of those are Alliance, so Horde may only have around 2000. If that info can be trusted, it's a lot bleaker than I thought. That's just not enough people to really enjoy some of the aspects of the game that require a healthy server population. I kinda wish they could merge us again, now...