Why are people praising difficulty?

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15
01/19/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Aelire
If you felt that there weren't enough challenges to confront before patch 7.3.5, why didn't you choose some of the harder raids?
There's a difference between batsh* insane difficult and NOT so easy you can win /afk that you're sort of conflating.

"LUL IF U WANT HAWRD HOWCUM YEW NOT SOLO MYTHIX?!?!TWO"
01/19/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Aelire
I just don't understand you people.

Well, for one, it's not really "harder". You actually just need to play the game instead of smashing your face into the keyboard.
As of 2016 Dark Souls 3 had sold 3 million copies worldwide. That's 3 million people that would laugh at WoW leveling.
01/19/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Orsobovus
This is supposed to be entertainment, not a Vale of Tears. Go out of your way to remove its entertainment value and you might as well be reading a book, because you'll be playing alone.

Dark Souls.
01/19/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Stéampunk
dear OP why does difficulty scare you?

because the changes aren't difficult, they're just tedious.
01/19/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Vampiriç
01/19/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Orsobovus
This is supposed to be entertainment, not a Vale of Tears. Go out of your way to remove its entertainment value and you might as well be reading a book, because you'll be playing alone.

Dark Souls.

Is Dark Souls a game with no entertainment value?
01/19/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Darkhaven
Well, you nailed it without realizing: he's an equal level elite. Back in the day, elite status open world bosses meant that you probably needed another person or two around. And, Icecrown anything was known for being tougher than most even when it was current content.

In my Opinion? No open world elite was as brutal to players as Mor'Ladim. He left that graveyard absolutely littered with dead players. Straight up. You could outlevel him by five levels and he'd still bust your lip. Man, Classic launch is going to be hilarious!
And back in the Icecrown days, while it is much easier with a group, i can still pretty much handle the same elite with my current gear by myself - which requires skill and planning, but it was challenging, and doable by solo.

After the initial stats squish, it becomes more challenging - but still doable solo, just requires more skill and better timing of cooldowns.

Now the scaling makes the same feat becomes utterly impossible to solo unless i find someone to help out.

Pray tell - how does that make leveling much more enjoyable? Because i'm 'supposed' to do leveling in a group, and soloing elites with skill is now consider 'unintended'?
01/19/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Orsobovus
Is Dark Souls a game with no entertainment value?

Dark Souls is a game that proves you can have difficulty and entertainment. To a lot of people, a game loses all entertainment when there is nothing to be challenged by.