Cologne/perfumes of the ED.

Emerald Dream
01/18/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Twixz
I wear Christian Dior Sauvage... seems to be pretty popular scent amongst the ladies ;). Ive always been a fan of the christian dior colgones tho.

But honestly best bet is to just go out and try/sample a few and find something you like and go with that, or if you have a gf/wife/bf whatever, maybe just let them pick as its important that they like the way you smell. Everyone has their own preference and something that is amazing to me might not be as amazing to you and vice versa.

I also have Creed Aventus, which my gf got for me... its okay but i still prefer the sauvage to it.

Sauvage is a scent I was thinking about investing in-I did get several in the Creed line but I don’t find them worth the cost. I like the top notes of citrus in it but there’s very little longevity, for me it dissipated too quickly and wasn’t noticable. It’s fine but doesn’t do enough to justify the cost.
Same with the Creed Irish Tweed.
Burberry Brit for Men.
Kenneth Cole Signature smells pretty good on a guy, the other scents by Kenneth Cole suck though.
01/18/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Xaterian
01/18/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Twixz
I wear Christian Dior Sauvage... seems to be pretty popular scent amongst the ladies ;). Ive always been a fan of the christian dior colgones tho.

But honestly best bet is to just go out and try/sample a few and find something you like and go with that, or if you have a gf/wife/bf whatever, maybe just let them pick as its important that they like the way you smell. Everyone has their own preference and something that is amazing to me might not be as amazing to you and vice versa.

I also have Creed Aventus, which my gf got for me... its okay but i still prefer the sauvage to it.

Sauvage is a scent I was thinking about investing in-I did get several in the Creed line but I don’t find them worth the cost. I like the top notes of citrus in it but there’s very little longevity, for me it dissipated too quickly and wasn’t noticable. It’s fine but doesn’t do enough to justify the cost.
Same with the Creed Irish Tweed.

Yea like I said I much prefer the sauvage, and has been my favorite for a while. I don't even bother with others(unless gifted), basically go to store and know right away I'm just going to get the sauvage.
Most perfumes I can live without since they tend to make me dizzy if they are too floraly, but I'm a fan of a lot of Marc Jacobs perfumes and am currently using Polkadot.
01/18/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Zigra
Sweat, sand and saltwater. I smell like I just lost in beach volleyball.

Zigra,
but it's authentic.

This is a tried and true combination. Since I don't live anywhere near an ocean anymore, though, my go-to is YSL La Nuit De L'Homme.
01/18/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Atraxa
Drakkar Noir hands down, that's what all dads smelled like in the 80s.

My step-father is still running around smelling like patchouli, lol.
I use Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier , it is great.
I use two different ones right now.

guilty by gucci and blue de chanel
I just use beard oil, I used to love the smell in my helmet when I was riding but sadly I've become smell-deaf because I ride too much :(

Brick Leather and Proraso Wood and Spice, can recommend 10/10
Keep in mind that all colognes or perfumes smell different on everyone. As a teenager I loved the scent of some brand, Candies or Curve or something. A lot of girls wore it, it was nice. It didn't work on me, my sister said it smelled like cat urine. Like woah okay jerk, but thanks. I found out over that years that my pH is different than most peoples so I have to go with more of a musk scent, florals don't work for me.

I've been wearing a few different kind of Burberrys for years, as well as Cashmere by Donna Karan.

@Promise, omg Polkadot is so nice, I'll probably get it after I finish up a few bottles of what I have now.
01/18/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Loknal
Dove anti-bacterial soap...not only be clean, smell clean.

They have deodorant and spray too, it smells soooo nice, very simple and clean.
Lagavulin 16
Dab a drop or two of Halston on the tip of your finger and swipe across either side of your neck. It's understated just enough to make them conscious of having noticed. Either way, you can't beat the older, simpler brands imo. My bottle says "Z-14" specifically, so I'll vouch for that one.
You know, a bunch of you picked top ten fragrances from: http://colognebuys.com/cologne/guide-to-colognes/

I honestly have no idea what the name of the stuff is that my wife bought me. Smells fine. Mostly, when I take my dog for a walk each morning, I grab a sprig of Cleveland sage or rosemary and grind it up in my hands while we walk, and I smell like herbs all day. I like that scent a lot.

Zigra,
This is the most thought I've given to pleasant smelling scents in nearly 55 years of life.
I now have a collection of about 30 colognes, and of them all my Tom Ford colognes seem to stand head and shoulders over the rest, with the exception of YSL La Nuit (mentioned earlier). Grey Vetiver and Noir Extreme are deeply complex and have great projection/spillage (7-10 hours), and his Tobacco Vanille is the best scent I’ve ever encountered.

Conversely, Versace Eros smells like club juice and Issey Miyake can be smelled from 10 Parsecs away.
01/19/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Ancester
I use Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier , it is great.

I enjoy this smell but it feels like it may be for a younger man (I’m 36) and it wears off on me rather quickly.

My wife also said the bottle art made her uncomfortable, which I got a good laugh at.
I've been using ADIDAS for the past 20 years.

01/18/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Hjalmgeir
Half the guys on ED probably shower in axe body spray, a quarter don’t use anything, an eighth use the knock off brands you find at Marshall’s and the last eighth don’t bother because they don’t need to smell good for anyone anymore.

So which are you?
bam
01/19/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Xaterian
Conversely, Versace Eros smells like club juice and Issey Miyake can be smelled from 10 Parsecs away.

So what is that in furlongs?

Zigra,
I heard that the Issey Miyake - L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme smells like rosemary