UFC 220 Weigh In

Arenas
Francis Ngannou - 263 with abs and no PED's.

DC - Yet to weigh in. Will probably miss weight.

Back to you Kopogero.
Guy is a monster.

Genetics....

either he is the product of selective breeding or he takes some vitamin "S".
Just because someone is that big and lean + tests negative for PEDs doesn't mean that they didn't use them to get that big. If you know when your test is going to be, you can absolutely come off cycle early enough and PCT correctly to retain most of your gains and be clean for a test. The key is using the shorter test esters (propionate i think?) and staying away from ancillaries that have super long half-lives. Tren ace for example has a half life of like 2 days, so you can be completely clean of it well soon enough to pass a pee test (again, given that you know when your test is going to be).
Who do you got?

I would like to think Stipe can win because idk how good Francis’s chin is but if Stipe gets hit think he is done. That guy is a freak

I think DC will win but I Volkun or w/e his name is wins it will be huge
01/19/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Bertimus
Just because someone is that big and lean + tests negative for PEDs doesn't mean that they didn't use them to get that big. If you know when your test is going to be, you can absolutely come off cycle early enough and PCT correctly to retain most of your gains and be clean for a test. The key is using the shorter test esters (propionate i think?) and staying away from ancillaries that have super long half-lives. Tren ace for example has a half life of like 2 days, so you can be completely clean of it well soon enough to pass a pee test (again, given that you know when your test is going to be).

Stop. They are randomly tested by USADA for the past few years. UFC has the most stringent testing in all of sports. Of course anything is possible, but it is VERY difficult to get away with any PED use in the UFC these days. The likelihood of him taking drugs is slim.
01/19/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Hexxes

Stop. They are randomly tested by USADA for the past few years. UFC has the most stringent testing in all of sports. Of course anything is possible, but it is VERY difficult to get away with any PED use in the UFC these days. The likelihood of him taking drugs is slim.

this.
especially if you look like he does you are 100% sure he gets tested regularly. Not to mention he "basically lives" at the UFC training facility so if anything, he just has freak genetics. They test big name fighters very very frequently, any actual fan of the UFC would know this.

Given USADA's current testing protocols this is much more difficult to pull off then you might think. They're not just testing for x banned substance, but also the metabolites associated with those substances. They have also been testing many athletes long enough to have a solid idea of the individuals base hormone levels (e.g. testosterone). Add in other things like mandatory "whereabouts" updates and random no-notice testing, it would be (quite) difficult to pull off in reality.

01/19/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Qtgladiator
especially if you look like he does you are 100% sure he gets tested regularly. Not to mention he "basically lives" at the UFC training facility so if anything, he just has freak genetics. They test big name fighters very very frequently, any actual fan of the UFC would know this.

They are tested randomly, not regularly. The difference between the two is important.

Also, for those interested USADA athlete test history data is available to the public.

• https://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/
  • Ngannou was tested 11 times in 2017 by USADA.
    I got Stipe IF he leaves pride in the locker room and wrestles Ngannou. If they stand it’s a coin toss.

I got Cormier easily unless that Jones KO permanently softened his chin up which we’ve seen happen repeatedly. Someone can be very durable; but after that first KO something changes and their brain shuts down easier and easier from then on.
    Am I the only one that misses the old UFC? Like, when UFC used to have these cross style fights like Tae Kwon Do vs. Sumo Wrestling and stuff?

It was like watching Bloodsport, but this time for real. Now everyone is from the Amazon and it's all homogenized. They pruned specs from UFC.
    01/19/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Vampiriç
    It was like watching Bloodsport, but this time for real. Now everyone is from the Amazon and it's all homogenized. They pruned specs from UFC.

The old matches were/are fun to watch, maybe more so than today's in some ways. No one really knew what the hell was going to happen. Nothing was pruned though, fighting styles have just evolved towards what actually works.
    01/19/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Hexxes

Tell that to Lesnar and Jones, they used PEDs for years without getting caught
    01/19/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Birdflulol
    Tell that to Lesnar and Jones, they used PEDs for years without getting caught

USADA didn't start testing UFC fighters until halfway through 2015.
    01/19/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Dispelme
    The old matches were/are fun to watch, maybe more so than today's in some ways. No one really knew what the hell was going to happen.

Yeah, that was the best part. I got exposed to it via older brothers having some bootleg VHS tapes and it seemed much more vicious and "no holds barred." I remember they let a lot more stuff slide back then as well like blatant groin shots and even punches to the back of the head from rear mount.
    Ngannous only chance of winning is the first two rounds. He throws a lot of straights which won't hit stipe let alone ko him. So inside two if ngannou sets up a good uppercut he wins if not he's getting peppered trust me
    Everyone is on PEDs.
    Muscles don’t win the fight. I’d like to see Stipe win to get 3 in a row and win the heavyweight record for most heavyweight title defenses for UFC all time. Pretty big record considering all previous heavyweights. I don’t know enough about either fighter though honestly to make a educated call.

Regarding PEDs and USADA I understand they’re more stringent then last company but how did the let Jones fight and only see he was using after the match? There’s got to be some way to stay ahead of the company and use but not get caught. They seem to do it in every other sport.
    01/19/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Vampiriç
    01/19/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Dispelme
    The old matches were/are fun to watch, maybe more so than today's in some ways. No one really knew what the hell was going to happen.

Yeah, that was the best part. I got exposed to it via older brothers having some bootleg VHS tapes and it seemed much more vicious and "no holds barred." I remember they let a lot more stuff slide back then as well like blatant groin shots and even punches to the back of the head from rear mount.

Yeah it was cool to see I’ll admit but it’s tough getting sanctions, top guys to compete and a big viewing market without some rules in place.

Plus it’s just a matter of progression. If somebody knows Jiu Jitsu which seems to counter a lot of styles and I can learn it to counter it I’d be stupid not to.
    And another hype-train derailed.
    01/23/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Mizzøu
    And another hype-train derailed.
    the enormous, male, striking version of ronda rousey