Can you add some elite mobs back?

General Discussion
So, many many years ago, Blizzard removed most elite mobs from the world. I have memories of entire quest areas there were a 'no go' for single players, because all the packs were elites.

I don't imagine a timeline where we get that back, and that's okay. But could get get a few of the elites back? Specifically some of the special quest mobs. In WotLK there was a series of "Wanted" quests that were elite mobs. They usually required a group, but were a great challenge to kill on one's own. Also, the last few Nessingwary mobs in Nagrand, and of course Durn the Hungerer!

I'd love to see these mobs returned to their former glory.
Well, that may... I just thought of something.

I wonder if ol' Stitches is a bit beefier than of late? Doubt he'll be the juggernaut from Pre-cata, but I can soo see someone getting caught offguard by the scaling making him closer to back in the day...
Hard elites should return and should also drop nice stuff.
to add to your idea here bring back Reagent and make us run to dungeons again
and we might have something good going :)
Toss in a few fel reavers to patrol the low level areas.

Those sneaky giant devils...
the Wanted quests were what got me into wow in vanilla, super tough random bosses... so hard you had to find friends to kill them.
remember King Bangalash? yeah good luck killing him with 2.. or 3.. or 4.. people
Its a bit different than the "Wanted" mobs, but I wish they brought back the old world bosses from time to time like they did during their Anniversary event.
That was a really fun experience.
It could be a limited time event like Timewalking stuff.
01/18/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Flinkalli
Well, that may... I just thought of something.

I wonder if ol' Stitches is a bit beefier than of late? Doubt he'll be the juggernaut from Pre-cata, but I can soo see someone getting caught offguard by the scaling making him closer to back in the day...

They made stitches a phased quest in darkshire back in, i think cata.
I really miss the old Jinth 'a'Lor in the Hinterlands. First time I played the game I ran through on a hunter and grouped up with some others and we made it about halfway through before we started wiping. I ended up busting all my armor and weapon with only a Warrior for company.

We went over general chat and another group formed and rescued us and helped us complete our quests. I remained friends with the Warrior for many years. It was a great experience that I know I will always remember.
That elite white tiger mob in classic STV always gave me trouble.

01/18/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Thathurts
I really miss the old Jinth 'a'Lor in the Hinterlands. First time I played the game I ran through on a hunter and grouped up with some others and we made it about halfway through before we started wiping. I ended up busting all my armor and weapon with only a Warrior for company.

We went over general chat and another group formed and rescued us and helped us complete our quests. I remained friends with the Warrior for many years. It was a great experience that I know I will always remember.

The ZF mallet quest was epic, maybe a little overtuned as people normally got someone higher level to help them.
I don't know if you remember, but most of those weren't "quest areas." Other things, like the mages outside of Deadmines are better off gone.

They were just danger zones. Or stuff around dungeons. A few were for max level quests, not level questing.

And the elites dropped garbage. The only thing you got was a bit more money than normal.
Many nameds at the end of various quest chains were pretty though elites though, and now they're just normal mobs, which is sad.
remember those rock giants in hellfire peninsula that split as they got lower?
THEY WERE !@#$ED
They have elites in Suramar city, and there are technically demon elites all over the broken isles. There just not plentiful anymore.
01/18/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Lichkong
remember those rock giants in hellfire peninsula that split as they got lower?
THEY WERE !@#$ED

After a long WOW break, when I encountered them again, I was so disappointed when I steamrolled them.

Those things used to hit like sledgehammers.
01/18/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Viviornitier
Its a bit different than the "Wanted" mobs, but I wish they brought back the old world bosses from time to time like they did during their Anniversary event.
That was a really fun experience.
It could be a limited time event like Timewalking stuff.
Ya that would be fun if they actually made them hard again. Those bosses fall over from a few people just looking at them now.
I wouldn't mind if the world was just a tad more dangerous after level 20 or so. Places to avoid without friends or good tactical knowledge of how to defeat the tougher enemies.
Ah i remember these areas. Gold elites near kazzak and the the elite area in winterspring back in vanilla. was great area for rich thorium veins
01/18/2018 12:34 AMPosted by What
Toss in a few fel reavers to patrol the low level areas.

Those sneaky giant devils...

YES! And make it so they wander everywhere, including into towns and cities.. They should always be out hunting for prey, not just hanging around in one spot.

Ideally, it should also be possible to kite them anywhere.