Auto-play Overwatch League in launcher

General Discussion
Can I not have auto-play Overwatch League coverage (whatever that is?!) pushed to me in the WoW launcher?

I understand you want to push other profitable games, but auto-play video is a bit much. Especially when it keeps playing when I switch away from the "Overwatch League" tab (which I don't want in my launcher in the first place).

I don't play Overwatch. I play WoW. I have no interest in the Overwatch League.

Thank you.
overwatch is a blizzard game, battle.net is a BLIZZARD LAUNCHER,regardless of what you want they have all the right to do whatever they want on the launcher.

and if u don't want to hear it,just hit the pause button on the stream window.....gg easy
Just add -launch to your wow shortcut and you can launch without ever opening their adware, I mean launcher, excuse me.

Thing is you still need to open it to update now and again but it saves a lot of irritation by skipping the launcher.
01/11/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Skymane
overwatch is a blizzard game, battle.net is a BLIZZARD LAUNCHER,regardless of what you want they have all the right to do whatever they want on the launcher.

and if u don't want to hear it,just hit the pause button on the stream window.....gg easy

Yet many of us don't care about the overwatch league and its annoying for it to play every time we launch the browser. There's no need to be rude about this.
you don't see dota 2 all over steam when you launch it.
just skip the launcher
01/11/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Deathchix
you don't see dota 2 all over steam when you launch it.

Valve is not quite to Steam what Blizzard is to the Blizzard Launcher.

One has almost every PC game product imaginable on it with Valve games making up a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percentage. It is very obviously not a Valve focused platform.

The Blizzard Launcher is very clearly a Blizzard focused platform, with the single exception of Destiny 2.
I play Overwatch and I have no interest in the Overwatch League; hard to take it seriously with some of the players they have, and they didn't even get ZP as a commentator? Donno why I'd waste time watching that.

Does make me wonder if they get +view counts from it idly running on launchers though.
I am with the OP!

I could care less about the league play in another game. Those few players who want to watch it have another method and most likely a better one, to watch it.

Do not force this crap on the players of other games! It only causes frustration and shows your ignorance of how players feel!
Agree with OP.

I do not play Overwatch nor do I have any interest in Overwatch, so why would I have any interest in their Overwatch League?
I just want to know why it keeps unpausing itself.

I have the stream running in my browser. I paused the tiny box stream because it is tiny and like 6 fps. It should know that I'm watching it in the browser and stop trying to open a second stream.
I just completely closed the launcher and re-opened it. It is on the WoW tab. OWL stuff isn't playing at all unless I click on the tab. What are you people talking about???

EDIT: The stuff you guys are talking about all sound like bugs, not intended behavior. (Especially the "still playing when switching tabs", I mean, duh.) Getting all self-righteous about how much you don't care about OW... nobody cares, man. Find an appropriate bug report forum, cause GD's the wrong place.
They just wanna be league of legends or counterstrike guys let them pretend.

It will last a week then be as much of a ghost town as their mythic plus race or... did they actually have a big thing for heroes of the storm? That game is like a menory hole.
Overwatch will never be an e-sport on the scale of Dota 2 or Counterstrike.

I don't know why they keep trying to push it. It's is an insanely casual game that is incredibly hard to watch as a "viewer sport".

01/11/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Primalmatter
They just wanna be league of legends or counterstrike guys let them pretend.

It will last a week then be as much of a ghost town as their mythic plus race or... did they actually have a big thing for heroes of the storm? That game is like a menory hole.

Yeah I'm finding it hilarious. They could have had a real Dota 2/LoL competitor in HotS but they had to go with their ridiculous casual friendly design.

They claim they don't want to compete then they try to run e-sport tournaments for it anyway.
Washington DC doesn't have a team? Booo.

Anyway, I just close the launcher regardless of OW videos. I still see how it's annoying for others because programs auto doing stuff is just... well... annoying. The worst is those programs that take it upon themselves to auto start and I gotta sift through their options or go to msconfig to stop it. Actually worse than that is stuff that autoplays videos like those websites that auto play vids. Just gotta stop it all with extensions. The battle of the internet is fought on more than one front and one major front is my battles against advertisers.

In a world with data caps its total bull!@#$.
What Overwatch League auto-play stuff? I leave the launcher open whenever my PC is on, and I haven't seen anything of the sort.
Just close the launcher folks, whats the big deal?

Btw: Overwatch is gonna blow up big, the matches are fun to watch and I bet you that shizzle catches fire and goes mental.

Friend of mine was complaining about this to me yesterday. She said she didn't know where this background sound was coming from for a while.
I haven't had this issue. it only starts up if I click on that overwatch league tab, and i have zero interest in this game so I don't.

oh and skymane, that is some set of Lips you got to reach Blizzards Butt all the way from there.
When I open the launcher with my WOW shortcut, it opens on the Games Tab and I have to manually click over to the Overwatch League Tab if I want to view that tab.

Yes, if I do choose to open the OWL tab, the video starts auto playing, but there's a pause button right there in the lower left hand corner of the video. You can stop it from playing.