Why do I only get 30 Wakening Essence a day?

General Discussion
Why don't I get 5 for every heroic after that or something?

I remember back in wrath you could farm end game currencies all day long.

Now you log in, play for 15 min and you're done for the day unless you have alts.

Why did blizz turn against people who play all day?

WHY!?!?
Because then, all the mythic raiders would be forced to run 20 heroic dungeons a day until they all get their BiS. And you know they would totally do it.

I feel like a 'working girl' when i do emissary quests every other day with my 965 hunter.
Well you could get more than that. just sayin.
So you complain now, instead of later on, when you've purchased every legendary ever for all 50 of your characters on each account you own, because your 'work' isn't being rewarded anymore and what else can you spend the stuff on.
It's 3x30, per character: emissary chest, heroic dungeon, random BG.

The legendary tokens are Bind to Account, so you can repeat that on as many alts as you like, while sending the tokens to whichever character you want the legendary on.

Get playing!
Probably because you're not doing all the content. On average you can get about 1000 a week if you do everything that rewards them.
01/24/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Sanders
Why don't I get 5 for every heroic after that or something?

I remember back in wrath you could farm end game currencies all day long.

Now you log in, play for 15 min and you're done for the day unless you have alts.

Why did blizz turn against people who play all day?

WHY!?!?

There are other methods, you could do PvP weeklies or a daily win. I won't specifically count Antorus because I'm assuming you do that weekly already.

That said, I don't consider essences as an 'end game currency' in the same way as Justice Points or more importantly Valor Points were. With VP they have done two different styles since I started in Cata. One was weekly with a cap. So you could get 70 VP per heroic you do, but you could only get that reward 7 times a week. So whether you wanted to play 7 dungeons in a row or do one a day, you had options.

At some point they changed it to first completion per day, and every completion after only rewarded the lesser currency.

In addition to this they also had a weekly cap to Valor, so that even if you did all the raid bosses and your dungeons for cap, once you got to a certain point that was the most you could do in a week. When VP returned in the end of Warlords, they had a soft cap as there was only so many things you could do to earn the valor and once you did all the things that was it.

That's basically how they have essences right now. You do the things and that's it. Costs are likely based on how many things a person can grind in a week. They know that you can only get 1200ish essences assuming you do everything and get perfect RNG on the random amounts. So they expect you to only realistically be able to grind one token out per week to augment the drops you'd naturally get by doing that same content.
Last week i did the 2s arenas, rated bgs, 7x random bgs, 7x heroics, 10x H ATB bosses.. basically everything i could to maximize my chance at BiS.

Luckily I got the BM hunter belt, which is great.

Just missing sephuz now. Have to grind the same this week.
01/24/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Lanasong
Have to

No you don't.
01/24/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Brialam
The legendary tokens are Bind to Account, so you can repeat that on as many alts as you like, while sending the tokens to whichever character you want the legendary on.

Are you sure about this? So if I buy a token I can mail it to any character I want?

Because I read the system is designed to prevent funneling of tokens to a specific character.
I don't remember Wrath being exactly like that. You got your bonus valor (or whatever it was called) for the first seven dungeons of the week. Same amount as once a day, but a lot more convenient since you didn't have to log in every single day to get your max bonus.

I wish we could go back to that. I won't log in every day to run a dungeon or do a random battleground. But I would gladly run four or five in a single day at my convenience. The point being *at my convenience*, not Blizzards. /sigh
01/24/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Rubedo
01/24/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Lanasong
Have to

No you don't.

Whatever you said, Mr. 8/11 Normal.

Actually, i just got benched from my mythics raiding team. So you might be right. I already failed.
Well you could be like normal people and farm 100ish every day. That's not my problem though.
01/24/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Lanasong
8/11 Normal.

ugh, this hurts my casualness cred. Is there anyway to 'give it back'?
Because the metrics need to look better, that's why.
01/24/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Gilgalen
I don't remember Wrath being exactly like that. You got your bonus valor (or whatever it was called) for the first seven dungeons of the week. Same amount as once a day, but a lot more convenient since you didn't have to log in every single day to get your max bonus.

I wish we could go back to that. I won't log in every day to run a dungeon or do a random battleground. But I would gladly run four or five in a single day at my convenience. The point being *at my convenience*, not Blizzards. /sigh

Wrath they were still called badges and there were different ones that came from different activities. The current ones for a patch were the VP equivalent and any ones from previous raids were sort of the inspiration for Justice Points.
01/24/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Rubedo

No you don't.

Whatever you said, Mr. 8/11 Normal.

Actually, i just got benched from my mythics raiding team. So you might be right. I already failed.

No, you already failed by mentioning raid progression as some kind of benchmark and worth of a forum poster's words while posting on some lowbie alt.

L2Forum

Mythic Raiding is for tryhards who have lots of time on their hands to devote to pixels on a screen.

You don't have that time? Then don't Mythic Raid. Let the tryhards and no-lifers have their Mythic Raids, they'll whine incessantly if they don't.

But don't ask them to nerf everything just so you can get into something you can't put the dedication and effort towards.

I have an RL and a job too, and you don't see me trying to convince other people to accommodate my schedule. No, I just don't do raiding at all. *shrug*

I'm not going to expect other people to build their lives around mine.

It almost seems like you feel entitled to be on a Mythic Raiding Team, even though you can't keep up with one.

And I'll bet you got benched because one of your Mythic Raiding Guild teammates saw you whining on o-boards wanting handouts to be easier.
Time gating Legendary "catch up" mechanics this late in the expansion is dumb.

They should absolutely just let people grind them out if they want to do so. Every dungeon, bg, arena, raid boss and WQ should drop some number of essence. Mythic more than heroic with higher M+ dropping more per dungeon etc.

We're on the last raid. The expansion is in its content drought period. Just let people explore the Legendaries of alt specs and alts and have fun. Get over engagement numbers. Get over being excessive control freaks trying to control every little aspect of everything we do. Learn a real lesson about what you did wrong in Legion and give us some freaking freedom already.

Necessary reminder:

The single most important thing to remember when creating a game is that it must be FUN. When someone sits down to play your MMO, they are doing so to be entertained. An MMO should not feel like a job or obligation. It's very important not to fall into that trap of trying to manipulate your community, as if you're trying to run an ant farm. As a designer, it's your responsibility to create a world that's exciting, challenging, and FUN. It's not your job to play god over someone's play experience.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17908691014
Brawl and BG each give 30 as well I heard.