Anduin's expression upon seeing Azerite

Story Forum
His facial expression upon seeing the mineral is a mixture of fear, anger and awe. Looked almost as if he knew what it was exactly but didn't want to show anyone he did. Or perhaps he felt some sinister power when he touched it.

If he knew what it was but didn't want others to know he did, then perhaps there is something secretive about him that we don't know yet. He's a priest. What if he secretly taps into shadow sometimes and heard voices seeking to talk to him?

if he felt some sinister power or influence when touching it then what could that mean? What if it's not Azeroth's blood but the Old Gods or something. Or perhaps a mixture of both bloods as the Azerite looks both blue and yellow.
I am pretty sure his expression was because of the power Azerite has and he could sense it.
01/17/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Kulzgal
I am pretty sure his expression was because of the power Azerite has and he could sense it.

This. Sylvanas is similarly in awe of it. It's not a corrupt thing, it's just a way to get across to the player that Azerite is important and powerful.
I'd say the expression was one of corruption and he is now enthralled by the blood but what exactly is causing the corruption is unknown. Is it Sargeras's sword or C'Thun's blood?

The Visions of Omgot give vague references to someone not being bound by a throne after mentioning that the first lie has already been offered but is it Sargeras they are talking of or N'Zoth who is mentioned as having a throne by Warlord Zon'ozz? We'll know nothing until BFA I'd assume.
Yeah, it was just an expression of "wow, this is strong."

We all know how not subtle Blizzard is. If it was evil it'd be glowing purple and we'd hear whispers the moment he touched it, because that's just how Blizzard writes things.
01/17/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Valko
01/17/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Kulzgal

This. Sylvanas is similarly in awe of it. It's not a corrupt thing, it's just a way to get across to the player that Azerite is important and powerful.

Sylvanas' expression was just awe but Anduin's was a mixture of different feelings. He looked almost angry for a second before he regained himself.
He might have sensed something, or he might just know that Mathias wouldn’t call him down from a speech just to hand him a shiny rock that wasn’t important.

That being said, it’s obvious Sylvanas knew it was something more.
Who is going to be the first to snort it?
01/17/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Myasol

My vote is for Kelrexia.
The stuff is seeping with the latent energy of the world soul, it probably oozes that tingly feeling of strength.

01/17/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Myasol

We should have seen this coming. Goblins being in cartels should have been the dead giveaway.
https://imgur.com/c18R9ms
Confirmed: Anduin geeks for shiny gifts. Boy band theme intensifies....
I think fear and awe. Awe at it's power that it radiates. But fear at the unknown.
Blizz mentioned during Blizzcon that Azerite has so much power in it that people who see it suddenly get the desire to have it. The expression on Anduin's face is what nearly everyone on Azeroth will have when they touch it.
Wait to you see his face when he sneeze that thing's powder.
It looked a lot like greed and lust for power. It would be a good time to put in some more human flaws into Anduin, instead of him being the perfectly moral goody-two-shoes he's always been.
01/17/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Kelisaria
It looked a lot like greed and lust for power. It would be a good time to put in some more human flaws into Anduin, instead of him being the perfectly moral goody-two-shoes he's always been.

Why is it that most of the ideas for the Alliance doing something shady are "And then Anduin starts acting wildly out of character for no reason!"

Has anything given you a reason to believe Anduin is power hungry or greedy?
01/17/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Valko
01/17/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Kelisaria

Why is it that most of the ideas for the Alliance doing something shady are "And then Anduin starts acting wildly out of character for no reason!"

Why does the Alliance always have to be squeaky clean and perfect? Alliance players always ask for more moral diversity in their characters, then whine about Horde players speculating on possible moral failings.

That said, yes. Several things. Old God prophecies, the cinematic trailer where he looked like a Darth Vader knock-off, my inherent suspicion of "perfect" characters who are always purity-pure goodness when they have a position of absolute power, him likely being filled with repressed (and misplaced) hatred at the Horde over his father's death.
01/17/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Kelisaria
01/17/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Valko

Why does the Alliance always have to be squeaky clean and perfect? Alliance players always ask for more moral diversity in their characters, then whine about Horde players speculating on possible moral failings.

That said, yes. Several things. Old God prophecies, the cinematic trailer where he looked like a Darth Vader knock-off, my inherent suspicion of "perfect" characters who are always purity-pure goodness when they have a position of absolute power, him likely being filled with repressed (and misplaced) hatred at the Horde over his father's death.

Thank you.

Well, I never said they had to be squeaky clean or perfect, so already we're not off to a good start as you've fundamentally misunderstood my comment.

I don't have an issue with you speculating on moral failings, I have an issue with your speculation being terrible.

Old God prophecies

Always a trustworthy source.

the cinematic trailer where he looked like a Darth Vader knock-off

Because he...wore a helmet? And displayed exactly zero greed or any lust for power?

him likely being filled with repressed (and misplaced) hatred at the Horde over his father's death.

Which makes him greedy...how?

I'm not against character flaws, I'm against bad writing. And having Anduin develop spontaneous new character traits that contradict everything we know about him is definitely the latter.