No more mission tables

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
01/27/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Revannia
Pretty sure they said they would have some form of them but we wouldn't be using them quite as much. I think they were mentioned briefly at Blizzcon. Can't remember if Ion talked about them in the Q&A after Blizzcon.

They have said that multiple times and each time they turned around and made them mandatory
01/27/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Werbatim
01/27/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Sherimoon
what does it mater to you?

you dont like missions? Dont do them.

you dont like MAYBE having to do one or two during a quest chain? Make your own game, play it how you want. Or stop paying for this one and go play something else. While i understand you might be frustrated by this, thats really too bad. Its Blizzards game, and you only pay to play it.

So you have no complaints about the game and never have because otherwise you would have made your own game? You sound like a really rational person who is worth talking to.

i really dont have any complaints about the game. i enjoy it, no matter what i do, theres always more to do. i have yet to find a game as immersive as this one, not trying to sound like a groupie but i really do like the game and everything about it.
if i absolutely had to pick one thing to complain about it would be the fact that we cant carry over anything from one expansion to the next, like when we replace these time invested artifact weapons with greens.
thats about it
01/27/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Werbatim
01/27/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Chezka

How are they mandatory?, you have to do a couple of missions for your class campaign but otherwise they are 100% optional.

How are they mandatory? You serious?

Please explain where they have been mandatory in the past few patches. The only time they were 'mandatory' was for the Class Hall questchain (which was like 8 missions?) and then the Broken Shore had you do 3 missions. That's it. From the entire expansion.

I don't understand why people are complaining about a mission board that literally gives you free raid loot every 2 weeks, additional bonus coins, gold, AP, reputation tokens, etc. It's free stuff for zero effort and all you have to do is maintain order resources, which you get from playing the game anyways.
01/27/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Gundam
There are SEVERAL mandatory missions for each patch (to unlock the dailies, ya know the thing that is actual content and not just click and wait)

No, there aren't any. At most you have the Kokruul quests for the forest.
Mission tables can only be acceptable if:

1. It is COMPLETELY optional. Absolutely NO actual content should be locked behind waiting for your followers.

2. ALL followers have a use outside the mission board. They should all function like in SWTOR. Each having their own stories, missions, and all capable of joining you as a bodyguard out in the open world.

3. All missions must be an actual quest out in the world that you can accept from the board, and go out and do yourself instead of always having to wait for your followers.

WoD and Legion's follower missions did none of those things.

Follower missions fulfilled the role of helping the player with less time to spend on the game to actually stay up to date with their gear and levels. Something you can set to complete while you're away from the game for some kind of rewards.

The problem is when this interferes with the experience of the player who DOES have time to play all those missions. This problem is gone if the players has the option to simply do the "follower missions" themselves.

Personally, I think it'd be a good idea to have the follower missions actually BE the world quests, since they confirmed WQs are returning in BFA.

You have the option to either clear the board of world quests using your followers, or go out and do em yourself if you have the time. Follower mission problem solved, AND WQs now suddenly have a bit more depth to them. Two birds with one stone.
01/27/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Chezka
They are awesome though, if you don't like them don't use them but I love them.

Do you actually love doing the mission table, or do you just love the free gold?

01/27/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Bawky
I don't understand why people are complaining about a mission board that literally gives you free raid loot every 2 weeks, additional bonus coins, gold, AP, reputation tokens, etc. It's free stuff for zero effort and all you have to do is maintain order resources, which you get from playing the game anyways.

Because it goes against everything the developers say about how the best rewards should come from doing the content.

Instead we get lucrative rewards coming from spending 30 seconds staring at a menu that you don't even need to log into the game to view.
Why not have pet battle app and mission boards?

Mission boards don't do anything but give you free stuff lol.
Missions would be better if your character could actually go and do them with your NPCs. You take up a slot.
01/27/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Gundam
01/27/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Chezka
They are awesome though, if you don't like them don't use them but I love them.

if they where not mandatory sure... but they are

Simple fix, don't tie any missions in with the main story quests.
Please god, do not time gate me on any more content... if they don't i am fine with them.
01/27/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Joynal
01/27/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Bawky

Because it goes against everything the developers say about how the best rewards should come from doing the content.

Instead we get lucrative rewards coming from spending 30 seconds staring at a menu that you don't even need to log into the game to view.
Except you had to do the initial content to get those rewards? I'm not really seeing an issue here. If you're an active raider, it's a guaranteed piece of loot every 2 weeks.

I don't know about you but, I had to actually raid Mythic difficulty to get Mythic difficulty loot from my mission board. Same with gold missions. For the highest ones, you had to actually do the Argus content to unlock them. There's nothing lucrative about that.

Just sounds like you're complaining to complain.
What's the problem with Legion mission tables? I understand the hatred of WoD mission tables, but Legion? The mission tables in Legion are completely optional (except for order hall campaigns and that was still not that bad) and they give out really nice rewards while not being required. Honestly I just stop using my mission table whenever I get bored of it
01/27/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Sherimoon
what does it mater to you?

you dont like missions? Dont do them.

you dont like MAYBE having to do one or two during a quest chain? Make your own game, play it how you want. Or stop paying for this one and go play something else. While i understand you might be frustrated by this, thats really too bad. Its Blizzards game, and you only pay to play it.

During the leveling at the beginning of the expansion it was more like 8-10 extremely long mission board quests which halted progressions towards unlocking relic slots for your weapon. Oh did I mention people had them fail even when over 100%?

It's a horrible feature the way it is required at the beginning of expansions.
Do you actually love doing the mission table, or do you just love the free gold?

Both.

That's hardly the "best rewards" coming from the mission tables. The most valuable thing you get is currency.

01/27/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Pathology
During the leveling at the beginning of the expansion it was more like 8-10 extremely long mission board quests which halted progressions towards unlocking relic slots for your weapon. Oh did I mention people had them fail even when over 100%?

At most it took around 3 days to get it done, hardly game breaking. If it wasn't mission tables it would've been dailies.
01/27/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Themurloc
1. It is COMPLETELY optional.

The only way that could happen is if they gave you nothing in any way, shape or form as a reward.
Why?
Because even if the reward was just 1 copper there would be Players complaining that they "felt forced" to do it.
01/27/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Gundam
I just heard in BfA they are doing more mission tables.... They are NOT content (Click this button wait 12hrs, is more like an app game with a pay wall/time wall)

If you want an app for blizzard (do the battle pets) That would be fun

See the alternative is to make questing longer and more tedious. These daily missions grant good gold, it free's up our toons to do Other things, time gating is Not going away.. and that's just the way it is. But feel free to stamp your feet like the other posts on this have done.
01/27/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Chezka

Both.

That's hardly the "best rewards" coming from the mission tables. The most valuable thing you get is currency.

01/27/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Pathology

At most it took around 3 days to get it done, hardly game breaking. If it wasn't mission tables it would've been dailies.

That's a complete lie as both my mage and warrior took over a week to complete (you seem quick to forget the bugs).
And yes in fact I would rather have dailies as then I'd be sure they would get done whereas I said earlier I had a 20 hour mission fail even though it was over 150%. It was game breaking for some people.
01/27/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Pathology
That's a complete lie as both my mage and warrior took over a week to complete (you seem quick to forget the bugs).
And yes in fact I would rather have dailies as then I'd be sure they would get done whereas I said earlier I had a 20 hour mission fail even though it was over 150%. It was game breaking for some people.

Bugs are bugs, can happen to any kind of content.
01/27/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Aevelamue
in actually going to pass on bfa if they go through with this

I don't believe it.

Last I heard is they were not sure. I myself would love them, as well as having a bodyguard follower.

I don't think they should give out gold, though. That seems to be the reason that most people feel they "HAVE" to do them. I'd rather have them give out chances for rare mount/pet etc missions to come up. I also liked the rep and AP missions.
Why is it when every someone dislikes something in World of Warcraft, someone runs to the forum, "Hey, lets remove it from the game completely since I don't like it!"

Better yet, how about you stop being selfish and maybe think the game doesn't revolve around just what YOU like.

I absolutely LOVE doing missions.

So no, it should NOT be removed. Don't like them? Don't do them, problem solved.