Ele shaman or lock

General Discussion
I want to make a caster and these are the two I've come down to. Sell me on one of the two.
If you desire to be at the top of the DPS brackets, go with Lock. If you like Jesus, go with Shaman.
Affliction lock, they're very tanky do good damage and solo like fiends. They are a bit boring though with a simple rotation.

Elemental shaman are fun but wow are they squishy. They're also much more proc based with RNG playing a higher factor.

I hope this helps!

(puts out tray of cookies for everyone to enjoy)
(puts out tray of cookies for everyone to enjoy)

I'm just here for the cookies.
Well I'm biased so of course I say choose the Warlock class.Great solo class ,good damage and awesome transmog gear.
For the Black Harvest!!
If you have the option to play a Lock, do it.
Locks are a mere shadow of what they once were and the playstyle of each spec is boring and unengaging despite Aff topping some fights.
01/21/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Rêborn
I want to make a caster and these are the two I've come down to. Sell me on one of the two.

Don't forget that you can make trial characters to test them out, too.
ele shaman we got sexy 6million earthshock crits.
Affliction is a superhero, albeit a boring one. I like the idea that I can solo Argus rare elites with no risk whatsoever. It just takes a minute.
I like both but locks are more durable and less frustrating for me.
01/21/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Grumbles
They are a bit boring though with a simple rotation.

All rotations, all specs included are fundamentally boring, the difference is APM.

IMO Aff is relaxing to play, and does amazing dps without the added carpal tunnel.
Personally I think ele shaman is the most fun caster
One lets you become a sith lord.

Nothing else really needs said.
Ele Shaman is probably one of the most visually appealing specs in the entire game. Great animations, great spell effects, very colorful. The sound effects are very nice too.

So if that plays a factor at all for you, Ele Shaman might be a good choice.

That said, Ele is typically middle pack, while locks as of late have been very very well off. Aff lock is the #1 DPS spec in Antorus right now.

If you're more worried about DPS, Aff lock is the spec to go with.

If you're not wanting to play Aff, go Elemental because its prettier to look at with similar DPS to Destro at higher levels of content and more DPS at lower levels.
Ele sham is a ton of fun. You will be beast mode in trash and mythic+. I hear people complaining about a teaming/fortified affixes all the time. They make me excited.

Yeah, affliction is more single target damage than ele, but ele is competitive. And unless you are pushing mythic raiding it won't be an issue.

Play ele sham well, and you do plenty of damage. I am also getting a kick out of how many different viable spec options there are. I hear people complain about the cookie cutter specs all the time nowadays. Not so with ele. There is not a single "go to" spec that trashes the rest. You have multiple options for similar rewards.

I might be a tad biased. I'll own it.
Oh I forgot to add: The shaman class hall is way cooler if that matters. :)
01/21/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Grumbles

Tbh shaman class hall is one of my least favorite. I don't want to sit around on a wet rock.
01/21/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Narishi
01/21/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Grumbles

Tbh shaman class hall is one of my least favorite. I don't want to sit around on a wet rock.

It's better than the lock dark green jello/brown muck that is so much of this expansion though.
Diff playstyles, not sure how to compare