New Thread! Missing Characters

Customer Support
Prev 1 233 234 235 255 Next
well, crap. No play tonight.
ETA on this? We only raid two days and were hoping to be 7/11M or 8/11M this week.
01/30/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Milmortes
blizzard, you are not prepared !

Take my "Like" you humorous person. :D
6 hours and blizzard still hasnt fixed the character black screen issue are we gonna be refunded game time? im supposed to raid and your messing up my only time to play
01/30/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Tinycaptain
I'm doubly disappointed in Blizzard, this should have been caught in a test cloud before pushing out to production, since they didn't, the next best step would include rolling back to the previous code so they can debug without a thousand (or however many they have left) subscribers sitting here tapping their feet waiting to get on.

This isn't secret information, guys does anyone on your team know the first thing about testing?

This assumes character unavailability is due to faulty code pushed to production. I doubt it's a bug. Seems more like a server load / networking problem associated with the huge uptick in traffic (incl. the backed-up payment processing issues for BfA).
01/30/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Freelancebum
Well, I can now see the list of servers with my character counts on them, so that's an improvement

I don't even have that
01/30/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Saleh
- Daughter finally sleep, time to rep grind
- blank chars
- play doom for an hour
- checking char screen, still blank
- daughter woken up

it's gonna be a long day

I feel you so hard. Girlfriend was at work and sewing classes all day. Now shes on her way home and didnt even get to try new races let alone get my weeklys done.

Sigh.
01/30/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Orlyia
Macs are the only ones we are still receiving reports on.

That is being investigated.

Windows 10 here and it just started with me for All of the realms I play(ed) on.
After I downloaded the patch I can't see none of my characters either.
loading into the game now
01/30/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Gankedd
01/30/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Accomplice
I think my solution will be to uninstall WOW and cancel subscription. I pay for the ability to play, which Blizzard is now in breech of contract since they are unable to deliver on their "consideration" of the contract. They already have mine.. my $$.

Go cry us a river.

People like you give me head cancer.
"ugh how dare you be upset that something you payed for is constantly down, im going to try to act edgy and cool, and act as if it doesnt bother me hur dur durrr"
I do not know if this will work for all, but...

I tried muiltiple log in - log off... that did not work, but after I loaded blank screen without any characters, and left it to sit there, after maybe 4 minutes, it just populated. I was even able to switch the realm.

Try to be patient on load... initially it is going to be blank screen without characters, but give it some time and voila, all of them will be there...
Got Dced and now no characters. On A windows 1 machine
im getting in...waited at black screen for like 5 mins
it does work confirmed just takes about 10mins
It's back up!!!
The amount of actual socializing I have had to do lately is upsetting.
Can't play. Been trying on and off for the past two hours. Gets stuck at retrieving realm list, then goes to realm selection screen. When I select my realm (Cenarion Circle) I get the black screen with no characters. On PC.
I was experiencing the "Missing Characters" issue several hours ago and then was able to access characters an hour ago. Then I just now tried to login and again I'm getting the "Missing Characters" issue.
Play on windows and i cant see my characters.