New Thread! Missing Characters

Customer Support
Prev 1 246 247 248 255 Next
Adding my name to the list of people with a black screen and no characters on log in.
Muh characters :( Also gone
On page 247, and a very unfortunate *bump.*
01/30/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Remmixx
Im having a similar issue where the char screen finally populated but then my game crashes. im on a Mac, not sure if that help...

Same problem, mate. It loads, I see my characters for a split second and then it's like "HURRR DURRR SIKE" and crashes.

RIP us.
Maybe its a sign - BFA - rules don't allow me from saying any more.
Just got in, try closing and restarting worked for me.
This is ongoing in the Mac Technical Support forums as well, but the game will crash upon trying to select a realm. Game launches, retrieves the realm list (but it does not remember played realms), go to select a realm and the game crashes out.
01/30/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Killrate
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Are you stupid? Apparently. Entitled little brat. Everyone that plays MMO's knows downtime happens. Put your big boy/girl pants on and deal with it.

WoW... when I buy a car and it breaks do I have to pay to get fixed and if its a good company they will try and exceed your expectations by offering something else as well. I pay blizzard for this game. Its there fault which you are right sometimes happens but its there duty to fix it and recompense the SUBSCRIPTION TIME I HAVE LOST DUE TO THERE NEGLIGENCE.

As for you I know the above might be beyond your intelligence or the fact that you enjoy being a cyber bully but I have 0 care factor for you I am sorry to say. Try and be happy at some point of your trail Trash poor existence. Only you can make yourself happy :)

Yeah, I understand and you are comparing apples to oranges. Like someone mentioned, you're down about .50 from this. You don't need recompense, you need to get out of your little bubble where an inconvenience demands blood.

Also, maybe it's beyond your intelligence but it's "their negligence" not "there negligence". "There" is a place, like "over there". "Their" is a possessive, like it's "their ball". Maybe you should brush up on the english language and proper grammar. But I guess that's me being a bully again.
This is maddening - I had been online, then I got kicked mid-flight (literally) and can't get back in...and yes, I'm on a PC. Clearly this is a bigger issue than realized. I know it takes time but don't tease me like this XD
I just had (and fixed) the problem just now:

Logged on, updated my game.
No Characters listed on any of the servers.
Came here to read the thread.
Saw someone mention closing BNET.
Did that -- Closed BNET and re-opened it.
Logged on.
Black Screen for 10-15 seconds and then the characters all showed up.

So try completely exiting BNET launcher, re-launch it, then log back into WoW and give it time.
My characters are back but the game crashes immediately after I see them
01/30/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Kheradin
This is ongoing in the Mac Technical Support forums as well, but the game will crash upon trying to select a realm. Game launches, retrieves the realm list (but it does not remember played realms), go to select a realm and the game crashes out.

This was happening for me until about 15 minutes ago. Now it won't even get to the realm list--it just crashes at the moment just before that would pop up.
Same issue just exited battlenet and rebooted pc characters populated immediately
Logged out completely rebooted computer, no go on my characters. I was fine until I dc'd about 3 or so hours ago when logged back in poof toons are missing. There was a patch at one point, still didn't fix it. Have kept it logged out for the last hour and a half, just tried again with still no characters at all. (edit: Just saw the above, will try rebooting the pc see if that works. Fingers crossed!)
no characters and black screen for me too. Got it on phone app too.
i was having the same issue.. i did a repair and force update check.. then restarted my pc.. come back and i can log in and play now... Now if only i could pre purchase. I tried a couple of times, and then saw that others were being charged over and over again.. im too afraid to try again. Not sure if it charged my card or not.. doesnt say it did in my purchace history. and i dont have it in game so im hoping it just didnt go through and didnt charge it at all yet.. but i want to buy it sooo bad right now.. grrsssssssssss
I can't even see the play button on the launcher.
Anyone else with this issue?
01/30/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Impishvenat
01/30/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Killrate

WoW... when I buy a car and it breaks do I have to pay to get fixed and if its a good company they will try and exceed your expectations by offering something else as well. I pay blizzard for this game. Its there fault which you are right sometimes happens but its there duty to fix it and recompense the SUBSCRIPTION TIME I HAVE LOST DUE TO THERE NEGLIGENCE.

As for you I know the above might be beyond your intelligence or the fact that you enjoy being a cyber bully but I have 0 care factor for you I am sorry to say. Try and be happy at some point of your trail Trash poor existence. Only you can make yourself happy :)

I'd like to point out that if you do the math it works out to be $0.02 cents per hour.

With the downtime estimated so far today, you are at $0.25 cents. Rough estimate. A stamp for them to mail that to you is $0.49. That means it would have to be down more than 2 days for blizzard to even break even on sending that to you. If you want it to be down long enough for compensation to be worth it, that is on you and that is cool and all, But I would rather have them have it up sooner.

So if you make a subscription and lets say to the Super Bowl or to a once only boxing match or even a guild raid and you don't get to watch or do that... would you ask for your money back??? Its not a question or money its the experience lost and to ask for even the day back of lost connection because of Blizzard or really very reasonable and achievable. This day was well planed by the Blizzard team and there was not enough resources put in place and now ALL have suffered.

If you don't care thats up to you but please allow others to place their opinion (such as you have) and even if its NOT to your liking be respectful enough to allow them the same curtesy as you would won't.

Now is that to much to ask for?
My characters dont appear. Are we going to get a time refund due to the fact of not being able to play th game?
Follow my twitch stream for BFA giveaway.

(streaming website removed)

Reported for spam and advertisement.

No one wants to watch your spammy stream, especially when it's against the rules to spam, troll, and post advertisements or promote third-party websites, including streaming websites. Promoting advertisements for sales or "giveaway" raffles of in-game items, services, and Blizzard-owned products is also against the rules.

No one is going to follow you on Twitch. The only following that is happening is you following your way to being suspended from the forums. So, it might be a good idea to delete this.

Edit: It appears the streamer's spam was removed. So, I edited out his Twitch website.