Total Incompetence

General Discussion
01/30/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Egotasius
01/30/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Intentiònal

I highly doubt you've ever handled something of this scale before. Please stop talking like you have.

That's the thing. World of Warcraft has been running for 13 years. That should be 13 years of experience. But I'm imaging the entire programming team as a bunch of hungover 20-somethings fresh out of college frantically googling what they did wrong.
It's scary but I think you're probably 99% right on that.
01/30/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Tobyias
total incompetence in planing

To be fair, I really don't think anyone should look to Blizzard for their aeronautical needs.
01/30/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Tobyias
but name one that was worse that this.

WoD Launch.
01/30/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Atromnis
WoD Launch.

I've purchase WoD without any issues and had all my toons available to play. Next?
Yea it’s been worse in the past but that’s no excuse for this nonsense in 2018. We have every right to expect better than this from them,Yea it’s been worse in the past but that’s no excuse for this nonsense in 2018. We have every right to expect better than this from them

Edit: Forum is not even working right.
I highly doubt you've ever handled something of this scale before. Please stop talking like you have.

First of all most projects are handles by the TEAMS not an individual and frankly don't care what you think that I do.

I only know that I cleared my evening to play a bit instead of working and now I can't play...
Im pretty certain WoD release was worse than this lol and this isnt a patch/expac release...its a pre order.
OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!

I wonder how some of you handle real actual problems.
Almost 3 Weeks now. No App.
A portion of my playing is Via WoW Armory.

Now I cant even log into the game and actually play.

I have been playing WoW for 11 years now. I have never EVER experienced anything like this before. This is just unacceptable.

What other service do you pay for that you cannot access fully for 3 weeks?
None.

I would like to be reimbursed.
01/30/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Tobyias
I've been through all patches and expansions but this is by long shot the worse:
- No characters on any servers. - Confirmed!
- Charging your loyal customers several times for this poor excuse of expansion. - Confirmed!
- Lack of any proper error handling mechanism or communication for purchasing and servers issues. - Confirmed!

One of these shortsighted omissions may be forgiven but all 3 are clear sign of total incompetence in planing, testing and deploying a project of large scale.
Yes, I do handle large projects from inception, pilot and deployment and if I had made one of these I would be sacked very fast. I guess publicly traded companies play by different rules.

Why would I buy your expansion again?! Logging in and enjoying it perhaps?! Ain't gonna happen tonight.

The guy is venting - not without merit - unlike you
I think they meant warlords of draenor day 1 everything crashed due to the traffic exceeding what the servers were capable of handling at once.
Give Blizz a break. Thousands of people are trying to buy the same item all at once, what do you think is going to happen??? It’s not their fault, it’s the electronic systems fault for not being able to compute thousands of orders at once. All my characters are missing too, give them time to fix it guys. They aren’t perfect like Jesus. You all put them on a pedestal and they can’t even touch your expectations. Unexpected things happen, chill out.
01/30/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Trixilana
anyone else missing Ghostcrawler?

Sadly, yes.. yes I am.
Christ y'all got spoiled by the legion launch

This usually happens.

Do you remember getting stuck in the ground in the garrison and having to level by ONLY doing Blood Maul?
Worst, no. But this is the worst in quite awhile. We've gotten used to a better standard, so we've forgotten how bad it's been in the past.

I feel as though something changed with 7.3.5 in terms of who is either doing the coding, the QA, or both, because it's been a repetitive clusterfail recently.
01/30/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Pixxirose
Give Blizz a break. Thousands of people are trying to buy the same item all at once, what do you think is going to happen??? It’s not their fault, it’s the electronic systems fault for not being able to compute thousands of orders at once. All my characters are missing too, give them time to fix it guys. They aren’t perfect like Jesus. You all put them on a pedestal and they can’t even touch your expectations. Unexpected things happen, chill out.

perfect like jesus?
01/30/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Mokun
Worst, no. But this is the worst in quite awhile. We've gotten used to a better standard, so we've forgotten how bad it's been in the past.

I feel as though something changed with 7.3.5 in terms of who is either doing the coding, the QA, or both, because it's been a repetitive clusterfail recently.

Thats exactly what I have been saying. Well said. I have been through the glitches, bad patches, service down for days. But it has been nearly 3 weeks since we have a a full game service.
01/30/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Muhprecious
Christ y'all got spoiled by the legion launch

This usually happens.

Do you remember getting stuck in the ground in the garrison and having to level by ONLY doing Blood Maul?

Charging people multiple times, all servers being down for what isnt even a full xpac launch? No this most certainly hasnt happened. You would think that all the backlash and miscommunication that has been going on since 7.3.5, that blizz would really hit a homerun with this. Sadly, this is not the case.
He has a point. This is absolutely f-ing pathetic.