Just buff the experience on heirlooms...

General Discussion
...and everyone is happy! Crisis averted!
Or don't buff them but add them for the missing slots.
01/19/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Linra

That could work as well. I can't for the life of me understand how Blizzard thinks slowing leveling to a crawl would at all make it more enjoyable. People could already turn off xp gains to accomplish that!
with a slight buff to regular exp gains for people who lack the ability to obtain looms do to being brand new to WoW so they don't have as bad of a slog cause you want to retain fresh faces to the game
01/19/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Overcharged

Except for the fact that new players don't have heirlooms. oops?
01/19/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Arf

I've seen alot of people kicked from dungeons for not having them it's not like it's anymore punishment then what the player-base already gives them.

That's kinda the point... you go through the game at the "proper" speed the first time, experience everything... then if you choose to make more toons, you can buy heirlooms if you want to to speed up the levelling process for alts.
01/19/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Nimerya

That's kinda the point... you go through the game at the "proper" speed the first time, experience everything... then if you choose to make more toons, you can buy heirlooms if you want to to speed up the levelling process for alts.

Who are you to say what's proper? Who are you to tell other people how to play? My god, this game's community has gotten so damned selfish.

Wasn't that the purpose?

So people who want challenging/slow content, can take their time - while those who want to speed up leveling can do so with heirlooms?

Why else heirlooms cost so much gold? Didn't they pay for that option?
01/19/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Mythená
Wasn't that the purpose?

So people who want challenging/slow content, can take their time - while those who want to speed up leveling can do so with heirlooms?

Why else heirlooms cost so much gold? Didn't they pay for that option?

What point are you trying to make? That peopel should spend money to buy heirlooms to play the game the way you think they should? You do realize that's truly pay to play right?
01/19/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Arf
01/19/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Nimerya

Who are you to say what's proper? Who are you to tell other people how to play? My god, this game's community has gotten so damned selfish.

Um... I said "proper", as in the way Blizzard wants players to experience the game. I have absolutely nothing to do with how the game should or shouldn't be played. Maybe take a deep breath or something and calm down a little? I wasn't telling anyone what to do lol
This would fix my one issues with the patch. I can get over how boring and meaningless leveling is after my fifteenth time if I was able to go faster through it.

01/19/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Arf
What point are you trying to make? That peopel should spend money to buy heirlooms to play the game the way you think they should? You do realize that's truly pay to play right?

Everyone ignore Arf. They are trying to argue for the sake of it, aka trolling.
01/19/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Seamonsters
I've seen alot of people kicked from dungeons for not having them it's not like it's anymore punishment then what the player-base already gives them.

I'm not naysaying your experience, because what incentive do you have to lie?, but I've never seen this in my entire wow career. I've seen people kicked for low DPS, but even with no boa gear someone can at least do enough DPS to contribute to the group (previously). Right now non-heirloom geared players are doing about 2/3 of an heirloom geared toon's damage.
wtb nerf on heirlooms...
01/19/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Nimerya
01/19/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Arf

Um... I said "proper", as in the way Blizzard wants players to experience the game. I have absolutely nothing to do with how the game should or shouldn't be played. Maybe take a deep breath or something and calm down a little? I wasn't telling anyone what to do lol

I don't think there's any proper way to play the game, Blizzard sure hasn't stated any, you're just trying to justify your point of view by saying that's what Blizzard wants. Oh and you sort of are telling people what to do. Get heirlooms or don't bother playing. I'm sure that train of thought would be really welcoming to new players.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That's mighty hypocritical of you. Your point, in essence, is basically saying those of us who have heirlooms should also play a certain way in favor of the other player base (new players).

Don't act pure, hypocrite. Who are YOU to say what's proper?
01/19/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Overcharged
01/19/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Linra

That could work as well. I can't for the life of me understand how Blizzard thinks slowing leveling to a crawl would at all make it more enjoyable. People could already turn off xp gains to accomplish that!

they're goal is to increase time the player spend in game.

except for the fact that wow tokens now exist! woohoo!
01/19/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Beverde

That's mighty hypocritical of you. Your point, in essence, is basically saying those of us who have heirlooms should also play a certain way in favor of the other player base (new players).

Don't act pure, hypocrite. Who are YOU to say what's proper?

No i'm not but i new someone would take that route. It's what GD is good at. Praising elitism and coming up with irrational arguments to try and justify why they act that way. Oh and go ahead and call me a troll, don't really care anymore. Just shows me that you've lost the argument.
01/19/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Arf
My point is if the new players feel heirlooms are 'necessary', then the game is broken.

What they are trying to do, is to make leveling without heirlooms doesn't feel like a penalty. Hence the nerf on heirloom stats.

What happened is, their work also introduced new problems - like heirlooms doesn't even feel like a significant boost/worthy investment anymore.

It is a hard balance to strike. Not to mention other odd problems like the huge power spike mobs gained at previous expansion level caps.

I can be a really decked 80 DK in epic ICC gear - and still mops the floor now thanks to scaling. That feels terribly wrong.