The ED community on loss of PvP Servers

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
I find this topic quite interesting, I don't RP but I have always played on pvp servers. I am always down for a good fight while I am out and about in the world but I wonder how that plays into folks that do RP.

I came from Tich, not that long ago, and the first thing I noticed was how "aggressive" this server was. Maybe it is because I was horde on tich and they are 2 to 1, it was rare that an alliance would outright attack you. Here, if I run into horde, I'd say the chances of a fight happening are north of 80%.

What I am getting to happened last night. I have noticed a lot of people getting the hp buffs and wearing prydaz and ganking people.(10 +mil hp plus 2.5 mil or more shield) I got hit at a quest spot, quickly realized I wasn't going to be able to kill them and ran off. There where 2 or more of there doing this and since I was getting ready to do my 15 for the week, I had my group come out and we went in a melted these guys. Seemed kind of dickish to be doing such a thing but what got me was the message I got after. This guy changed accounts and raged at me for messing with his "RP" but I'm still not sure why that was the case.

Is it normal to set up like that and attack people that can't kill you then get super pissed when a group shows up to fight you? Or was there some scheduled thing I didn't know about and did mess up his mojo?
Mop was nothing compared to what the game was like prior to BG's. Were not talking about one zone that everyone ignores. Fights were everywhere and anywhere. Raged from stv all the way to the gates of SW. What im saying is you would of had to play it in order to understand.

I understand just fine. MoP was the same way. We had fights on Timeless Isle, Thunder Isle, PvP Vendors, Shrine which had Rock PvP and Shrine Bombing, Main cities, crossroads, Hellfire Penn, Krassarang Wilds daily hub and many more.

You can't educate me on this

You didnt just fight to get gear. You did it for the simple joy. There was no gear. Only a mere title. For the most part we did it for fun. Thats what bg's and everything that happen after it destroyed. It took away the fun and turned it into a gear grind. We raided for gear. We pvp'd simply because we could.

Yeah? And you think we only did WPvP for gear? No we did it because it was tons of fun. Classes were saturated with utility that allowed you to 1v2-3 and maybe even more.

WPvP started to die off in WoD. When Blizzard gave us a moba for a BG and forced us to play it along side listening to casuals that there was too much CC.

And in the end thats what has been missing this whole time. And yeah i am a guru. But not because how long the account has been up. Because i was there. I didnt read about it or watch it on youtube. I was on the front lines healing my bro's so the lowbs could quest. Or raiding the horde and they were doing the same. If you didnt get gear from arena's and rbgs would you still do it?
01/28/2018 07:32 PMPosted by Joseffus
So then your saying im correct. Because your not denying it. On a personal perspective as wpvp was killed yeah i played casually for the most part. Kids and what not. Plus always viewed arena's as a joke and another stab in the heart of wpvp.

But my points are still valid. And like i said if you want to dispute what ive claimed then actually dispute it. So far im not seeing anything but attacks from bad troll. This is exactly how wpvp died. Dont get me wrong i have a lot of fun in this guild. But wpvp as it should be is gone for good. But joining a pvp server and then whining about it is just pathetic.

Personally i think they should make the new zones like warhammer. Where theres a pve side with quests and then another pvp objective side with quests. Where when you cross the line your flagged. Keep sieges were some of the best pvp ive ever experienced. Too bad they could not fix the bugs.

Nice vanilla High Warlord...oh
get em
Is it normal to set up like that and attack people that can't kill you then get super pissed when a group shows up to fight you? Or was there some scheduled thing I didn't know about and did mess up his mojo?

That's definitely the norm but it shouldn't be. Sounds like the guy was using RP griefing as an excuse for your group killing him in a contested open world area. Plus, If they were out ganking people at the summoning stone of a dungeon, then they have no leg to stand on if someone comes and wipes them out. All in all it sounds like a person trying to troll you because they got beat up in a video game.
I don't like the changes, because I know exactly how they're going to be exploited as well as the myriad cons in regards to how it will affect the community and the RPWPvP dynamics...

It will likely come to pass, unfortunately.

However, if all the RP servers shared the same PvP shard, than there honestly may be some opportunity.
I know a lot of folks on the carebear RP servers that are earnestly interested in RPPvP, but the reputation of servers like ED scares the stuffing out of them.

With the addition of the "community" functions that Blizz is intending to add...if all the RP servers shared the same PvP shard, than there would be something for us to work with.

Consider multiple RP guilds from multiple RP servers forging alliances, guarding areas, infighting(it'll happen,) and waging war.
Horde v Alliance in the flavor of the expac.

If Blizz could do this right (and I'm not going to hold my breath,) puts the RP servers on a shared PvP shard just for said servers, gives us world defense back.....we could try and make this work.
It's a #*$& idea for sure.
01/29/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Cutty

...I'm trying to find the positives in a bad decision and be a glass half-full kinda girl. :(
01/29/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Sakhari
01/29/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Cutty

...I'm trying to find the positives in a bad decision and be a glass half-full kinda girl. :(

Technically, the glass is always completely full.

Zigra,
unless we're in a vacuum.
01/29/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Zigra
01/29/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Sakhari

Technically, the glass is always completely full.

Zigra,
unless we're in a vacuum.

One cannot survive on air alone

Maekur,
unless we’re a vacuum
https://clips.twitch.tv/AttractiveLazyCiderEagleEye
Let me be the first to congratulate the zerglings on their victory. Finally, you've created an ED where RPers are actively promoting the removal of WPvP from their game world via the new toggle system. I hope all the time spent crashing RP was well worth the "victory".

Also, congrats to the RPers who are cheering this decision. Have fun on the watered down, generic version of WrA that you asked for. I'd congratulate you in person, but I'll never see any of you chicken****s because I'll be flagged.
but I'll never see any of you chickens because I'll be flagged

You'll see me. =(
We'll have to advertise bodyguard services like the trunk monkey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8iAVwt_Yc
01/29/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Tholdrim
Let me be the first to congratulate the zerglings on their victory. Finally, you've created an ED where RPers are actively promoting the removal of WPvP from their game world via the new toggle system. I hope all the time spent crashing RP was well worth the "victory".

Also, congrats to the RPers who are cheering this decision. Have fun on the watered down, generic version of WrA that you asked for. I'd congratulate you in person, but I'll never see any of you chicken****s because I'll be flagged.
^^

cry more. i'm okay with the changes. pros outweigh the cons for me. enjoy the continued zerg blobs in your pvp shard. glad we'll both be having fun with the game we pay to play! :D
https://twitter.com/LoDG_Vurian/status/958119139264036865

I now look forward to the PvE Shard.
((

Have fun on the watered down, generic version of WrA that you asked for.

When the watered down generic version of WRA is what is asked for, one cannot deny there is a real problem at hand.

I'd congratulate you in person, but I'll never see any of you chicken****s because I'll be flagged.

Why on earth would you think rp'ers would never flag? Of course they will flag - but it will be when their rp calls for it and not when pvp bros deem it necessary.

The salt from your comments is so bad its stinging MY wounds.

))
01/29/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Stablemare
The salt from your comments is so bad its stinging MY wounds.

Your victim complex is leaking again.