The ED community on loss of PvP Servers

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
((

01/29/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Adva
01/29/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Stablemare
The salt from your comments is so bad its stinging MY wounds.

Your victim complex is leaking again.

I'm glad we could establish that. It was very important to this thread that everyone be made aware of that. Thanks for your contributions to this server issue.

))
((

01/29/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Tholdrim
Have fun on the watered down, generic version of WrA that you asked for.

When the watered down generic version of WRA is what is asked for, one cannot deny there is a real problem at hand.

01/29/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Tholdrim
I'd congratulate you in person, but I'll never see any of you chicken****s because I'll be flagged.

Why on earth would you think rp'ers would never flag? Of course they will flag - but it will be when their rp calls for it and not when pvp bros deem it necessary.

))
Like most of the rpers who don't like this idea, he's frustrated because the rpers who would rather whine about rp griefing instead of flagging up and killing the griefers or asking for help from other rpers are the ones blizz is listening to. The same people that whine about being ganked on regular pvp servers.

It's pitiful that rpers that rolled on a rppvp server like ED refuse to fight back instead of taking the easy route and cry about being griefed.
01/29/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Adva

Your victim complex is leaking again.

She's right though ... and like I said 3 or 4 times already, I highly doubt people who are flagging will see that much of a difference numbers wise when it comes to people willing/able to fight against them ... so what exactly are we crying for?
((

01/29/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Saent
It's pitiful that rpers that rolled on a rppvp server like ED refuse to fight back instead of taking the easy route and cry about being griefed.

Whats even more pitiful is that you some how think that all rp'ers run around in groups of 10, 20 or even 40 or more. Rp is more often small scale. We learned years ago that large events had to be held in sanctuary's (which brings up another point that I DO believe this new pvp change will increase the amount of mount/spam/banner griefing because pvp'ers will be pissed and will resort to that kind of griefing out of "spite"). A group of 5 rp'ers in Elwynn is no match for large scale wpvp and while I am not opposed to a group of 5 rp'ers (prob in rp clothes) being ambushed by 15 enemies and all being injured/hurt, that's never how it really happened. That group of 15 would keep on and on and on and on so that rp could not happen. There is no "fighting back" to something like that. There is no calling for help. No one cares enough to bother because they are burned out from years of this behavior.

))
Not happy with the change but there is a silver lining that will enable RP to happen undisturbed
01/29/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Stablemare
((

01/29/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Saent

Whats even more pitiful is that you some how think that all rp'ers run around in groups of 10, 20 or even 40 or more. Rp is more often small scale. We learned years ago that large events had to be held in sanctuary's (which brings up another point that I DO believe this new pvp change will increase the amount of mount/spam/banner griefing because pvp'ers will be pissed and will resort to that kind of griefing out of "spite"). A group of 5 rp'ers in Elwynn is no match for large scale wpvp and while I am not opposed to a group of 5 rp'ers (prob in rp clothes) being ambushed by 15 enemies and all being injured/hurt, that's never how it really happened. That group of 15 would keep on and on and on and on so that rp could not happen. There is no "fighting back" to something like that. There is no calling for help. No one cares enough to bother because they are burned out from years of this behavior.

))
I never claimed rpers run around in big groups. That's also part of the problem. Rpers just blow off attacks instead of helping get rid of them. In the past rpers would fight back and use the fight to progress their stories.
01/29/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Saent
I never claimed rpers run around in big groups. That's also part of the problem. Rpers just blow off attacks instead of helping get rid of them. In the past rpers would fight back and use the fight to progress their stories.

Yeah, no, that hasn't been the case since the AEC was around during Cataclysm and that's if you choose to forgive all the guilds that were apart of the AEC for zerging. If you tried to small scale a group of Battlehammers somewhere, you could count on Bold As Lions dropping a group on you or KOTE or something --- and when asking why, they'd say "Oh, well that's our RP" ... once a month they'd easily fill 6 raids of people who considered themselves RP/RP Friendly/Lite RP. Try getting 6 raids of roleplayers together today ... for ANY reason much less fighting off zergs from non-roleplayers ... ain't happening.

.. point being is the RP community on either side simply doesn't support the number of people it once did so calling in roleplayers to fight a 3 raid zerg is going to just end in frustration and is ultimately futile.

I don't play with or fight against the people who are complaining about non-flaggers now. I won't play with them or against them then. What changes? Someone answer that while you're trying to justify being flat out ugly to your fellow players here for having done absolutely nothing wrong.
01/29/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Saent

Yeah, no, that hasn't been the case since the AEC was around during Cataclysm and that's if you choose to forgive all the guilds that were apart of the AEC for zerging. If you tried to small scale a group of Battlehammers somewhere, you could count on Bold As Lions dropping a group on you or KOTE or something --- and when asking why, they'd say "Oh, well that's our RP" ...

.. point being is the RP community on either side simply doesn't support the number of people it once did so calling in roleplayers to fight a 3 raid zerg is going to just end in frustration and is ultimately futile.

I don't play with or fight against the people who are complaining about non-flaggers now. I won't play with them or against them then. What changes? Someone answer that.
Well for starters no guild on Ed is gonna drop 3 raid groups of people on an rp event anymore. WSB is gone. I've been a part of quite a few rp events on ally side and can tell you the only time you see a raid group drop on anything is out in Argus unless the horde is doing for the horde. That's why most rp guilds hold their events in old content. The horde only has a handful of guilds that can zerg anymore and they don't bother rpers for the most part if you're in old content. I can only think of one guild that will go out of their way to hit rp events horde side and we all know who they are. So whining about zergs hitting rp is old news.
((

I don't play with or fight against the people who are complaining about non-flaggers now. I won't play with them or against them then. What changes? Someone answer that.

This is honestly a very good point. It applies to me as well. "Back in the day" the people who use to rp/pvp with me no longer do. There were so many who use to attack Kitty and became part of her story (Seven, Frinkls, Himanshu, Heltor, Ancalagon, The ArchBishop, Goggles, Slei, and the list goes on and on.....) - none of those people play the game or play the game with me anymore. While Kitty will remain flagged for the new change (she was cursed by Vesker early on to always have to wear a "flag") out in the world, there will be times I will unflag her in order to attend/see certain rp that is not flagged.

Aside from that, not a single one of my other characters have ever even had a rp/pvp experience with anyone so nothing will really change for me.

))
*gets the salt*
01/29/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Saent
Well for starters no guild on Ed is gonna drop 3 raid groups of people on an rp event anymore. WSB is gone.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/emerald-dream/Warsong_Battalion/

Oh, are they? Sure they're not coming back for BFA?

Even if they aren't, you act like because WSB isn't running around like they used to that nobody else is or will be come BFA when Emerald Dream (and every other server) sees a population boom. All the zerglings are going to have to funnel into something.

Additionally, whether it's 3 raids or 1 raid - you'll rarely amass enough people to make a difference.

01/29/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Saent
So whining about zergs hitting rp is old news.

Whining about zergs hitting RP is never "old news". It's always relevant and is always a pain in the !@#. Saying that makes you sound like you simply don't care -- which is good, because then we're in agreement on something. My apathy was inspired by other people not caring. I'll be able to PvP when I feel like it (flagging solely for RP-PvP related events) and not having to worry about all the things that the rest of you will continue making threads about and complaining about well into BFA and beyond. But hey, if you guys care so much about me staying on a server that I've played since WOTLK, feel free to put a pool together and raise the $300 it'd take to transfer my characters off. While you're at it, throw in some sub time too. :D

See, there's a vast difference between someone petitioning Blizzard to make the changes that are coming and my position, where I see what options are available, tell you which one I'm choosing (and why) and just rolling with the punches - seeing it objectively. A lot of the rest of you seem to can't handle not having an absolute echo chamber. Sorry, bud, I'm not your guy.
01/29/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Zenal
*gets the butter*

https://i.imgur.com/wEeB6lC.jpg
01/29/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Agrar
cry more. i'm okay with the changes. pros outweigh the cons for me. enjoy the continued zerg blobs in your pvp shard. glad we'll both be having fun with the game we pay to play! :D

snark more. i'm think the changes will further divide an already split community. cons outweigh the pros for me. enjoy the trade chat trolls, wpvpers running from fights flocking to a city to blueflag, and the the afk mage district. glad we'll both be having fun in the game we pay to play!

Edit: :D
01/29/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Tholdrim
wpvpers running from fights flocking to a city to blueflag, and the the afk mage district

Like, I understand the split community argument, and can get behind it. This, however, is nothing new. Cowards in-game always have been and will continue to be. Going all the way back to paladins bubble-hearthing in Vanilla. It's a fact of the game that there are people who are afraid of dying and will be trolls about it to compensate.
If the pvp shard favors our realm before others(bonus points if it favors other "rp" realms) then i think it will be amazing. If not then okay i guess.

Also you have to understand only ED has WPVP, but people on other servers might want it and we're the only high pop balanced realm in the game. This change opens up wpvp for all those other realms. It will make multiple realms happy which gets blizzard money and protects RP events from zergbombs.

Also the world is deadish usually after a while due to all the people doing instanced things etc, there will be alot more targets out in the world but then again we truly don't know enough yet to cast a true judgement.

It all hinges on if we get ED favored in a shard and if the other "rp" realms would be sharded with us be it in pve or pvp. If so then this can only be a good change overall.
01/29/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Tholdrim
01/29/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Agrar
cry more. i'm okay with the changes. pros outweigh the cons for me. enjoy the continued zerg blobs in your pvp shard. glad we'll both be having fun with the game we pay to play! :D

snark more. i'm think the changes will further divide an already split community. cons outweigh the pros for me. enjoy the trade chat trolls, wpvpers running from fights flocking to a city to blueflag, and the the afk mage district. glad we'll both be having fun in the game we pay to play!

Edit: :D

Hardly snark, Thol. If anything, rude, so I apologize for that.

Not sure what WPvPers running from fights to a city to blue flag or Trade Chat trolls have to do with me as I'll be out in the world. Why are you under the impression that people aren't flagging will just be hanging out AFK in the city like nearly everyone did during WoD just waiting for BG queues to pop? Why are you under the impression that I won't be flagging at all despite me saying that I'll be flagging as long as it's RP related several times already?
"Back in the day" the people who use to rp/pvp with me no longer do. There were so many who use to attack Kitty and became part of her story (Seven, Frinkls, Himanshu, Heltor, Ancalagon, The ArchBishop, Goggles, Slei, and the list goes on and on.....) - none of those people play the game or play the game with me anymore.

Heard that Remmeaux fella used to hang out and RP with you too. Even heard he was a good friend. Then I heard you just wiped him off your btag and pretend he never existed. That must have hurt for him.
01/29/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Agrar
Hardly snark, Thol. If anything, rude, so I apologize for that.

Np man. I'm not butthurt over it.

01/29/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Agrar
Not sure what WPvPers running from fights to a city to blue flag or Trade Chat trolls have to do with me as I'll be out in the world. Why are you under the impression that people aren't flagging will just be hanging out AFK in the city like nearly everyone did during WoD just waiting for BG queues to pop? Why are you under the impression that I won't be flagging at all despite me saying that I'll be flagging as long as it's RP related several times already?

I'm saying, no one is actually getting away from any of the "PvPbros" that everyone complains about. They'll be in the PvE shard too every time they're ducking a fight or, as you said, are just queing or whatever. If they want to bring a 40 man and just stand on you with mounts in the PvE shard, they will. The PvE shard won't save you from griefing. However, if I'm flagged and you're unflagged, I can't see you for RP or whatever else. It essentially splits the server. It's been said a thousand times. I've been at plenty of RP events that got hit, but I'd still take that over losing our server identity any day.

As far as you personally being flagged or not, I don't know, didn't read that far. My first post wasn't directed at you anyway.
01/29/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Tholdrim
As far as you personally being flagged or not, I don't know, didn't read that far. My first post wasn't directed at you anyway.

Then my apologies for believing it was - of these 7 pages, "cowards" etc. are phrases being used and of these 7 pages I seem to be the only one to say "Hey, there are perks to this being implemented" . Most of my replies have received upvotes so I assume there's more that agree with me out there and plan to do the same, but simply unwilling to man up and reply so I guess I may have wrongly felt that it's directed at me.

Yes, the PvPbros won't disappear completely, you're right - can't deny that. Wish there was a viable solution that was able to work all around. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see what happens in BFA .
They can't count on server stability now... what could possibly go wrong with more shards.